Elisa Lam - What Happened?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Why did Elisa die?

• Homicide/crime of opportunity - Murder due to chance encounter with someone on the day she died

Votes: 162 47.4%
  • Homicide/preplanned - Elisa was lured to her death in a scheme planned before the day she died

Votes: 46 13.5%
  • Accidental death - related to an altered mental state: drug induced, psychosis, sleep walking, etc.

Votes: 86 25.1%
  • Suicide - Elisa intended to end her life due to mental issues/other

Votes: 7 2.0%
  • Occult/supernatural/conspiracy - related to occult, supernatural phenomena or gov./other conspiracy

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • Unsure/Do not know

Votes: 36 10.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I;m really curious why none of the media are asking questions at all. Is it that no one cares anymore about this sweet girl or is it that they know they will receive no answers? Because it would be easy enough to ask such a question.

However, LE investigators absolutely know whether the video was altered or not and if so, why. I trust they are working this case like mad.

Just want you to know, I respect your sayings. I've been afraid of the exact opposite, that the police are not seeking the right people. Los Angeles is a movie capital, filled with very rich mafia-type people who make it big in the movie industry as stars or directors or invisible partners. The police are well aware of who those fat cats are, and how dangerous they can be should the police ever try to jail them for any crime.

I've read that while the Hotel Cecil wants to get rid of the residents in the 14th and 15th floor, the city govermnet refuses to let that happen. There's a lot going on in Los Angeles that we cannot know, that the police knows. The police dept is not the biggest player. It has to work around the bigger players. It sometimes needs to sweep a case under the rug for fear of retribution.

It's not unthinkable that Elisa was stary-eyed in LA. It's not unthinkable that she met some movie people; she's quite attactive with her make-up. If drugs don't explain her elevator attitude, and if so many opinionators are saying that she had no serious mental instability, why not entertain the idea that she was acting in the elevator? The apparent Dark Water links to this murder tends to drag big-time movie people to something at Hotel Cecil. There may have been something ongoing in this hotel, over many years, that inspired the line, "You can check in but you can never leave," from the song, Hotel California.

Let me put it this way, that her elevator attitude is so unlike reality, that she's either said by many to be on drugs or mentally unstable. The bottom line there is, it's not my idea only that she's not behaving normally in the elevator. When someone is acting for a camera, it's necessary to "over-react" unlike normal life, unless you want to make a boring show like the medical or legal shows...where the object is to look as real-life as possible. Acting can require over-doing a real situation just the right amount to convey a message without looking ridiculous. Clowns way overdo their acting because children need bigger clues. I've believed that Elisa was frightened (because that what she tended to convey), and that she was playing with a friend (because the button panel disproved that she was afraid), but am feeling a lot better with the third idea that she was trying to convey a message to the elevator camera by using obvious clues.

I'm not seeking to convert anyone to my views. I do hope however, that the timestamp material I have shared is usable evidence, in the details, to begin a conversation asking whether the hotel people are privy to the murder. In the picture that I'm seeing, the hotel has a monster in cahoots with the hotel manager / owner, or someone with charge over the security cameras.

Have we ruled out circus clowns yet? She may have been holding the elevator to see how many clowns you can load into a 50 year old Otis elevator.

Hey, thanks for the compliment.

Last I addressed one of your posts, you were disagreeing with those who say that the video had a missing minute. So, I showed you how you could prove to yourself that there was in fact a missing minute. Have you given that any thought?

I realize that we are not to copy / duplicate posts, but I'm not sure whether that rule applies when copying from one thread to another. I want to copy here from another thread in case anyone comes along and wants to have this important information about the timestamp:

According to Arkadiy, nine "fake" frames appear between the youtube times of 2:54:553 (frame 2620) and 2:55.219 (frame 2629). He appears to have quite the capability if it can number frame 2620. I doubt he counted them manually. This is why I take him seriously. It just so happens that the place where these frames were found is right when the timestamp jumps from 25:04 to 25:07, missing two to three seconds...because someone snipped them out. Ask: why did someone splice in extra frames at the place where the snip occurs? What comes to mind? If the police did the snipping to keep the public from seeing something, surely the police did not also do the splicing. What was going on?

There are about 15 frames per second so that nine frames is over a half second.

Arkadiy then claims that there were 11 "fake" frames soon after. By "fake," he (a Russian with not-perfect English) clarifies with "duplicated," i.e. taken from elsewhere in the video. These 11 frames are spliced in between youtube time 2:55.886 (frame 2639) and 2:56.686 (frame 2651). This area is located where the timestamp jumps from 25:07 to 25:10, with at least two missing seconds snipped out.

The third set of frames number 13 or 14, almost a second long. These are found between 2:57.019 (frame 2656) and 2:57.952 (frame 2670), located where the timestamd jumps and misses two seconds from 25:11 to 25:14, which is the third snip. The elevator door starts to close at the end of 25:14. How strange. I wish someone would help me here to interpret what it can mean.

Arkadiy was unaware of how to decipher the timestamp, so he did not know that a couple of seconds were snipped at each instance of the duplicated frames. He therefore assumed that three people, one after the other, were practically running past the elevator in less than one second each. He viewed the spliced-in frames as an attempt by someone to cover over the appearance of those three people. I don't want to make that assumption. I want to know the truth. It depends on who did the splicing, and who did the snipping. How else can we be sure of the truth?

I am unable to contact him to share my discovery of timestamp code, and he has stopped responding at the godlikeproduction blog where I found him. He probably stopped responding due to the foul mouths of Anonymous Coward and his ilk.

I'm happy to see that this website fosters high-quality interaction.

respectfully snipped
I realize that we are not to copy / duplicate posts, but I'm not sure whether that rule applies when copying from one thread to another. I want to copy here from another thread in case anyone comes along and wants to have this important information about the timestamp:

It's perfectly all right to copy posts within WS.

Just want you to know, I respect your sayings. I've been afraid of the exact opposite, that the police are not seeking the right people. Los Angeles is a movie capital, filled with very rich mafia-type people who make it big in the movie industry as stars or directors or invisible partners. The police are well aware of who those fat cats are, and how dangerous they can be should the police ever try to jail them for any crime.

I've read that while the Hotel Cecil wants to get rid of the residents in the 14th and 15th floor, the city govermnet refuses to let that happen. There's a lot going on in Los Angeles that we cannot know, that the police knows. The police dept is not the biggest player. It has to work around the bigger players. It sometimes needs to sweep a case under the rug for fear of retribution.

It's not unthinkable that Elisa was stary-eyed in LA. It's not unthinkable that she met some movie people; she's quite attactive with her make-up. If drugs don't explain her elevator attitude, and if so many opinionators are saying that she had no serious mental instability, why not entertain the idea that she was acting in the elevator? The apparent Dark Water links to this murder tends to drag big-time movie people to something at Hotel Cecil. There may have been something ongoing in this hotel, over many years, that inspired the line, "You can check in but you can never leave," from the song, Hotel California.

Let me put it this way, that her elevator attitude is so unlike reality, that she's either said by many to be on drugs or mentally unstable. The bottom line there is, it's not my idea only that she's not behaving normally in the elevator. When someone is acting for a camera, it's necessary to "over-react" unlike normal life, unless you want to make a boring show like the medical or legal shows...where the object is to look as real-life as possible. Acting can require over-doing a real situation just the right amount to convey a message without looking ridiculous. Clowns way overdo their acting because children need bigger clues. I've believed that Elisa was frightened (because that what she tended to convey), and that she was playing with a friend (because the button panel disproved that she was afraid), but am feeling a lot better with the third idea that she was trying to convey a message to the elevator camera by using obvious clues.

I'm not seeking to convert anyone to my views. I do hope however, that the timestamp material I have shared is usable evidence, in the details, to begin a conversation asking whether the hotel people are privy to the murder. In the picture that I'm seeing, the hotel has a monster in cahoots with the hotel manager / owner, or someone with charge over the security cameras.

With all due respect, and I most certainly don't begrudge you your opinion - it's nice to hear ideas, but I've lived in LA almost 14 years, and near the Cecil currently. This isn't a very plausible scenario. Scam artist pretending to be a director/casting agent and fooling a naive traveler, sure - but not legit "big" movie people. This is an area of chance opportunity, where I encounter prostitutes and drug dealers while walking to the library. It's a colorful area to say the very least, and your best bet for personal safety is to look the other way and not see a thing. People from outside LA like to think everything here is connected to "the industry" but the reality is that's not always the case.

Also remember LAPD was obsessed with Dorner at the time this went down. I agree there are a lot of behind-the-scenes things that go down in this city. LA runs on favors and power. I just personally do not think this is a cover up. I think it's low priority. Young girl visits rough side of town, stays in seedy hotel, turns up dead - happens all too often. Probability of a conviction in a situation like this - the number of suspicious characters she had chance to interact with, the time elapsed since death and discovery, the waterlogged body, and the tight-lipped nature and distrust of the police amongst those that populate this part of town make for a very, very difficult situation for the police. I'm certain they're withholding information in case similar cases turn up that might point to a serial killer, but I highly doubt there's a conspiracy here.

Just my opinions of course.

With all due respect, and I most certainly don't begrudge you your opinion - it's nice to hear ideas, but I've lived in LA almost 14 years, and near the Cecil currently. This isn't a very plausible scenario...

Also remember LAPD was obsessed with Dorner at the time this went down. I agree there are a lot of behind-the-scenes things that go down in this city. LA runs on favors and power. I just personally do not think this is a cover up. I think it's low priority...

Nerdy, I've gotta say, I love that little photo.

Okay, I hear ya. Small-time case and with a foreigner to boot. Who cares?

Do you consider the makers of Dark Water big-time movie makers? I think maybe the producer, with Salles surname, lucked out with Dark Water. My point is that there was an elevator malfunction in the movie, and here I find that Elisa, or whoever she is, is acting like there's an elevator malfunction when she knows darn well there is not. So, she is acting. Why, is the question.

The "production team" that I'm imagining -- yes merely imagining -- was a couple of guys, maybe more, using her in a fun way. They never intended to make a full-blown movie; maybe just a snuff movie. Maybe there has been a snuff-movie crew living on the top parts of that hotel. We can imagine something like that in this hotel. I think Dark Water was advertising something that sinister in various codes throughout the movie. Some live-in goons may have been doing some pretty sick things since before 2005, when the movie was made. And Salles knew it, somehow. Theoretically, other murders had taken place at Cecil in similar fashion, and Salles knew it somehow.

So, with no big-movie people involved, do you think there could have been a small-time movie outfit on that floor that could convince a naive "child" like Elisa that they were significant? I wouldn't be posing this question or even making the theory unless I were certain that the woman in the video was acting. I cannot fathom that she was acting a part/role on her lonesome; there had to be somone else egging her on.

Just a quick note on the possibility of Elisa being naive about the movie industry, etc. -- Vancouver is a huge movie industry hub (we're called Hollywood North), and feature films are shooting around here all the time, lots of companies are involved in the film industry, etc. We frequently have Hollywood execs and famous actors/actresses about town, and almost everyone who has lived here for a few years knows someone who has worked in the film industry to some extent or another. I really don't see anyone from Vancouver being star-struck or naive about the movie industry, given how common it is here.

Not sure if that helps or not, but I hope it gives some local culture perspective! :)

Nerdy, I've gotta say, I love that little photo.

Okay, I hear ya. Small-time case and with a foreigner to boot. Who cares?

Do you consider the makers of Dark Water big-time movie makers? I think maybe the producer, with Salles surname, lucked out with Dark Water. My point is that there was an elevator malfunction in the movie, and here I find that Elisa, or whoever she is, is acting like there's an elevator malfunction when she knows darn well there is not. So, she is acting. Why, is the question.

The "production team" that I'm imagining -- yes merely imagining -- was a couple of guys, maybe more, using her in a fun way. They never intended to make a full-blown movie; maybe just a snuff movie. Maybe there has been a snuff-movie crew living on the top parts of that hotel. We can imagine something like that in this hotel. I think Dark Water was advertising something that sinister in various codes throughout the movie. Some live-in goons may have been doing some pretty sick things since before 2005, when the movie was made. And Salles knew it, somehow. Theoretically, other murders had taken place at Cecil in similar fashion, and Salles knew it somehow.

So, with no big-movie people involved, do you think there could have been a small-time movie outfit on that floor that could convince a naive "child" like Elisa that they were significant? I wouldn't be posing this question or even making the theory unless I were certain that the woman in the video was acting. I cannot fathom that she was acting a part/role on her lonesome; there had to be somone else egging her on.

I've seen Dark Water (the JP version, not the remake) and I think it's just coincidence. Remember this Salles guy is remaking a Japanese film that's based on a novel. And as I write horror myself, I've seen bits of my own plots turn up in true crime. Crime is in its own way predictable and certain concepts and tropes are particularly scary and get written in a lot.

I could potentially see a snuff film, that's actually something that never crossed my mind. Just a single guy with a camcorder is all you'd need. That for certain is an interesting idea. Trust me I'm sure if you can fathom it, it's gone on at the Cecil. I live in the neighborhood because I like "character" and this place is rife with it.

I'm not convinced she was acting, I'm not convinced of anything. She COULD be. She could be on drugs. She could be having a psychotic break. She could be goofing around. I don't have conclusions about her elevator behavior without a context. They never struck me as odd because I'm positive if someone took things I've been caught doing on video they'd be certain I was insane when I was just being a dork.

And thanks on the pic - but it's just randomly pulled off Google :)

They never struck me as odd because I'm positive if someone took things I've been caught doing on video they'd be certain I was insane when I was just being a dork.

And thanks on the pic - but it's just randomly pulled off Google :)
Snipped

Me too...lol

That may explain why when I watch the video I don't see anything sinister at work. Me and my kids at the store in the mall, ok well mostly me but watching a video of me with no sound could easily be twisted into something other than a guy having fun being a goofball

This is where I read about the body being found nude, and it's not a Chinese video. However, this is not a direct quote from LE.

"KNX 1070′s Claudia Peschiutta reports guests were disturbed to learn Lam’s nude body was found inside of one of four large water tanks."

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...-downtown-la-hotel/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

kunibob-Thank you for answering the in residence question.

I have looked at some sleepwalking videos and I really think that is what could be going on in the elevator. There is even one where a woman does little step shuffle moves, all while maintaining a rather stoic expression.

My Mom Sleepwalking (Tomato Cage) - YouTube
Mom's Reaction to her Sleepwalking Video - YouTube

I have to disagree on any sleep walking theories since I've seen it in person many times with our older sister

Elisa's way to animated, energetic, coherent looking and self aware to be sleep walking

Just my opinion from personal observations up close of a real sleep walker...LOL

I think it's low priority. Young girl visits rough side of town, stays in seedy hotel, turns up dead - happens all too often. Probability of a conviction in a situation like this - the number of suspicious characters she had chance to interact with, the time elapsed since death and discovery, the waterlogged body, and the tight-lipped nature and distrust of the police amongst those that populate this part of town make for a very, very difficult situation for the police. I'm certain they're withholding information in case similar cases turn up that might point to a serial killer, but I highly doubt there's a conspiracy here.

Just my opinions of course.

I agree with you. At first I thought this is why Interpol was involved so early on; the RCMP called on them because it was the only way to ensure a search for EL, period. But just days after her body was found, the LAPD just shut out the media entirely. This has me thinking that they do have evidence of foul play. A media blackout to this degree is unprecedented. Usually there is some sort of chatter or interview with someone who saw EL out and about even if it was just to tell us they took her order at a McDonald's.

All this has me wondering if Interpol was not called in because EL's disappearance fit into an already established pattern. Traveling alone by bus or train between cities just ups the suspicious character factor big time. I am hoping this isn't just ruled an accidental death like the Jacob Samuenski case in PA. It is highly unlikely EL's death is related but some believe there are serial killings going on making cause of death impossible to pinpoint so coroner has no other choice than to go with accidental drowning.

I'm not convinced she was acting, I'm not convinced of anything. She COULD be. She could be on drugs. She could be having a psychotic break. She could be goofing around. I don't have conclusions about her elevator behavior without a context.

Easily the smartest observation to date.

All this has me wondering if Interpol was not called in because EL's disappearance fit into an already established pattern.

RSBM -

I'm afraid that you misunderstand what Interpol is/does. It is primarily a liaison organization. The LAPD (or, say, the FBI) would contact the RCMP directly in a case such as this.

Having lived in LA my entire life I can say I honestly don't think there's a media blackout per se. Things always get leaked out, LAPD has 10k officers and who knows how many civilian employees. There's a multitude of news outlets from the LA Times to TMZ and everything else that can be considered media in between, if there was something of note to report it would have been reported/leaked.

Here's the deal from my point of view, you have a girl not from the area with seemingly no contacts in SoCal, so there's nothing to drive the story, no family members to hound, no friends to interview, no school mates and no ex boyfriends to scrutinize by the media here in LA. There's nothing to keep it an active topic.

She goes missing, then is found dead a couple weeks later, there's nothing of note to report on via the police until the tox results come back and the media moves on. It's LA and if there's nothing that nudges the story forward it doesn't get reported on, this type of thing though maybe unusual in it's circumstances it's not uncommon, LA's history is littered with the bodies of kids from other places. It's sad and maybe a bit callous but this city doesn't rest on old news.

If it wasn't for the odd video of Elisa I doubt the case would have got as much air time as it did, lets be honest the video and water tank are what pushed this story forward, it has nothing to do with Elisa, if we had a pic only and they found her in a hotel room this would have never made the front page for more than a day

Cristopher Dorner was headline news for what 2 weeks? once he died in that fire the stories on Dorner were reduced to a trickle in a few days.

Another young asian woman Tina Hoang sp* was recently found dead on the beach in Newport. Hasn't been an article on her since the NBPD said they were waiting for autopsy results. I doubt they've stopped investigating, there's just bigger and louder news to report on. Ms Hoang was a teenager, a prostitute who's also a single mother of a newborn, she's found naked on the beach in a city that rarely see this type of crime yet was talked about for 2 days at the most.

So for those wondering why the Media in LA hasn't been reporting on Elisa's case, to me it's not that there's folks in the LAPD hiding something, I think it's more the folks that bring us the news are busy with news that moves the meter and another dead kid from out of town doesn't sell papers.

I agree with you. At first I thought this is why Interpol was involved so early on; the RCMP called on them because it was the only way to ensure a search for EL, period. But just days after her body was found, the LAPD just shut out the media entirely. This has me thinking that they do have evidence of foul play. A media blackout to this degree is unprecedented. Usually there is some sort of chatter or interview with someone who saw EL out and about even if it was just to tell us they took her order at a McDonald's.

All this has me wondering if Interpol was not called in because EL's disappearance fit into an already established pattern. Traveling alone by bus or train between cities just ups the suspicious character factor big time. I am hoping this isn't just ruled an accidental death like the Jacob Samuenski case in PA. It is highly unlikely EL's death is related but some believe there are serial killings going on making cause of death impossible to pinpoint so coroner has no other choice than to go with accidental drowning.

Easily the smartest observation to date.

Thanks for that ^^ :)

Re: the rest, I was ex-treme-ly absorbed in the Dorner goings-on, and downtown was insane at that time - several blocks locked down around police stations, constant multiple helicopters circling all night, armored trucks parked on the streets. No one was thinking about Elisa Lam. Everyone was looking out for Dorner. I don't think the two are related in any way, but I think she fell completely off the radar due to it. I read about her being missing on Tumblr and her locale caused me to make a mental note to keep an eye out - but then forgot about her til more helicopters were hovering above my place as they held the presser.

I haven't heard of too much going on around here regarding serial killers or rumors thereof, or people turning up dead from anything other than exposure or getting hit by cars, but I don't keep a huge ear to the streets. If there was ANYTHING though - a marking, a "souvenier" taken, or any odd treatment of the body, the police would obviously keep that out of the media. And media here is very cooperative with LAPD, as evidenced in the Dorner situation.

Obviously awaiting toxicology is a huge concern too. LAPD is under a lot of scrutiny right now, so it behooves them to not speculate and play it conservative til all the t's are crossed and the i's dotted.

I'm not sure of INTERPOL protocol, but with three countries involved (USA, China, Canada) is it S.O.P. to consult them?

RSBM -

I'm afraid that you misunderstand what Interpol is/does. It is primarily a liaison organization. The LAPD (or, say, the FBI) would contact the RCMP directly in a case such as this.

No, I absolutely understand what they do, and I know they exist as a global resource or hub for LE. They are administrative liaisons collocating relevant data allowing LE to find crime patterns and/or track people internationally. I would say that if you read about the tracking of Luke Magnotta, the young guy mailing body parts all over last year, Interpol is more just a liaison.

Actually in this case, Interpol contacted LAPD directly. We discussed this here last week.

Foul play feared after Vancouver woman disappears in L.A.

No, I absolutely understand what they do, and I know they exist as a global resource or hub for LE. They are administrative liaisons collocating relevant data allowing LE to find crime patterns and/or track people internationally. I would say that if you read about the tracking of Luke Magnotta, the young guy mailing body parts all over last year, Interpol is more just a liaison.

Actually in this case, Interpol contacted LAPD directly. We discussed this here last week.

Foul play feared after Vancouver woman disappears in L.A.

Your link re "Foul play ..." ^^ doesn't work for me.

Sorry, don't have the link right now (it's' buried in here somewhere), but in the news conference of Feb 6, Sgt Teague says to the effect "we're in connection with Interpol, and any case involving foreign nationals ... robbery/homicide ... usually comes to us".

ETA: Sorry this took a while to edit/change because i couldn't get the board working for some reason.

Here's a link to my older post with the video if that helps:

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9093674&postcount=260"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Hotel Cecil Rooftop Access Discussion[/ame]

Having lived in LA my entire life I can say I honestly don't think there's a media blackout per se.

If it wasn't for the odd video of Elisa I doubt the case would have got as much air time as it did, lets be honest the video and water tank are what pushed this sto in ry forward, it has nothing to do with Elisa, if we had a pic only and they found her in a hotel room this would have never made the front page for more than a day

So for those wondering why the Media in LA hasn't been reporting on Elisa's case, to me it's not that there's folks the LAPD hiding something, I think it's more the folks that bring us the news are busy with news that moves the meter and another dead kid from out of town doesn't sell papers.

You have some very good points here, and I think you are right that locals couldn't care less the next day. It is amazing how you can try to find follow up info on a story and things are rarely updated. We don't all have the attention span of a gnat.

Media squeezes as much as they can from a story, and there is usually at least one that keeps on it. Pretty much every news source stopped reporting at the same time and on the same story. I don't think that every news source would abruptly stop; I would think there would be a less uniform trickle effect. I am surprised that a reporter did not at least look any further into EL's social networks, or mention San Diego.

Plus its odd that the police keep saying her final destination was Santa Cruz, yet San Diego has never been mentioned buy LAPD (that i know of). If you have a high profile missing foreign national, and you are just now beginning a search why would they omit that she was in San Diego for 2 days? It just feels like any sort of investigation was nipped in the bud. Just my opinion.

With respect, as you say people got sucked into the LE story due to sensationalistic aspects of tank and video. By that same token, wouldn't those same things motivate the media to keep on this story and make people more inclined to look for updates. Then again, maybe not. Who knows?

As for media being too busy or moving on, I don't think, at least in Canada, that is the case. See this video at 1:48. LAPD canceled an interview with this news station saying that they were instructed to by higher ups to not talk about the case at all.

http://youtu.be/ml8vhLlvHa0

Just a quick note on the possibility of Elisa being naive about the movie industry, etc. -- Vancouver is a huge movie industry hub (we're called Hollywood North), and feature films are shooting around here all the time, lots of companies are involved in the film industry, etc. We frequently have Hollywood execs and famous actors/actresses about town, and almost everyone who has lived here for a few years knows someone who has worked in the film industry to some extent or another. I really don't see anyone from Vancouver being star-struck or naive about the movie industry, given how common it is here.

Not sure if that helps or not, but I hope it gives some local culture perspective! :)

- Completely agree. When it started getting too expensive to film in L.A., many movie and tv productions headed north to Vancouver.
- I could be wrong, but imo Elisa's tumblr revealed more of an interest in fashion, art and music than in the nauseating Hollywood movie industry.
- I doubt any Hollywood execs would do much socializing in that area of town and especially at that hotel. That area is for budget hipsters, the homeless and random creeple.
- I don't see any kind of cover up in this case. LE has nothing else to report until the tox results come back or until something new is relayed to them. Most media outlets would not want to hound the LAPD unnecessarily and risk jeopardizing a good working relationship. It would be irresponsible for the Coroner to rule on her death before the toxicology results come back. As an example, even if they found water in her lungs, they would still need to determine how it got there (accident or homicide/murder). Was it the same water from the cistern where she was found? Were there drugs or alcohol that could have played a part? Was she taking (or supposed to be taking) any prescription medication and at what levels were they present in her blood and tissue?

I really hope they're watching the hotel carefully. If this was a copycat killing by some sicko inspired by the previous serial killers there, they might strike again. It's just been bothering me a lot because I remember that shortly after it happened, there were still people going up to the roof.

RIP Elisa :(

Your link re "Foul play ..." ^^ doesn't work for me.

Sorry, don't have the link right now (it's' buried in here somewhere), but in the news conference of Feb 6, Sgt Teague says to the effect "we're in connection with Interpol, and any case involving foreign nationals ... robbery/homicide ... usually comes to us".

Sorry about the "Foul Play" - not sure what went wrong. I am just linking to my earlier link...forgot we discussed this Interpol stuff before.
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9051952&highlight=interpol#post9051952

Just found this info from Ottawa's Interpol outpost.

What is INTERPOL Ottawa (The Canadian National Central Bureau)?

INTERPOL Ottawa, also known as the Canadian National Central Bureau (NCB), represents the interests of the INTERPOL organization in Canada. It supports Canadian law enforcement agencies that are conducting criminal investigations by facilitating international cooperation between Canada and other countries through the exchange of timely, accurate and relevant information.

Interpol Ottawa

If I understand this it mean that Interpol only gets involved if it looks like foul play. The next question is how much evidence, if any, is needed to enlist the help of Interpol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member