Emergency Hearing re: remains-UPDATE MOTION DENIED

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was very relieved and impressed when SA brought up Defense request to video autopsy, etc. and shot it down with the example of Dr.Lee going on NG and telling his tale 24 hrs after he saw car. Baden sure didn't like that.....tried to play "I'm taking the high road and not even addressing those comments", but SA got his point across. The minute Baden mentioned videotaping autopsy and remains, and crime scene, etc., I could see the headlines splashed across the Natl Enq.......I have no doubt they will find $ wherever and however they can to pay these "experts".

as much as I hate to quote a murdering , "absolutely".

I thought Baez couldn't defend Casey because he lacks experience on murder cases?

Just a couple of "thoughts" and MY OPINIONS:

1) Hair was found at the crime scene - YES YES YES - if that hair matches the hair in the trunk - DONE DEAL!

2) There was a lot of "talk" at the hearing about photographs. God PLEASE do NOT let some idiot ME office/lab worker "leak" (or most prob SELL) ANY photo. I DO NOT WANT TO SEE! Remember the Earnhardt autopsy ordeal.

3) WFTV is reporting that they have info that duct tape WAS INDEED around the skull. If you all remember from last night - if that is the case you can bet the SA will slap that death penalty back on! YES AGAIN - KC's day is coming and quick.

4) I am waiting with baited breath on the fingerprints that are found on that duct tape. What if - JUST WHAT IF they not only find KC's but "someone else's" as well. I have had sinking thoughts about JB going after GA on this. GA stated he doesn't like JB, isn't paying him and doesn't know how KC is paying him. hhhmmmmm.........

As for CA and GA - its just so disgusting that they are going to be on LKL again tonight. How can they even function right about now? I wonder if the interview will be cancelled at last minute? Everyone knows that this CAN'T be good for any of them. It looks bad - it paints them in an even darker picture. Of course, we all know they will deflect this back to the "kidnapper" and how KC couldn't have done anything like this. It baffles a "normal" mind that these people cannot or do not "see" what their actions and statements "look like" to the common person. Denial is one thing - and a stage of grief - but ignorance of understanding the appearance of those actions and statements is a whole different ballgame.

I will be shocked beyond words if G & C show up on LKL tonite. But I've been shocked before.

I was very relieved and impressed when SA brought up Defense request to video autopsy, etc. and shot it down with the example of Dr.Lee going on NG and telling his tale 24 hrs after he saw car. Baden sure didn't like that.....tried to play "I'm taking the high road and not even addressing those comments", but SA got his point across. The minute Baden mentioned videotaping autopsy and remains, and crime scene, etc., I could see the headlines splashed across the Natl Enq.......I have no doubt they will find $ wherever and however they can to pay these "experts".

Keep in mind they NEED all those pictures and things for the BOOK.......and all the publicity stunts. Florida law specifically prohibits that. Baez should know that.

A FEW QUICK OBSERVATIONS:

1. Admission of hair on skull...that allows further opportunity for chloroform, etc as the death hair band in vehicle is said to have been "destroyed by testing" which allowed defense some help in saying they never got a chance to test it.
2. Forensics requested by defense...damage to skull? fractures on bones? Abuse
3. Judge and LE sticking to their guns not letting baden "Hollywood-ize" case.
4. Interesting to see Allen get up and walk over to prosecuter during hearing..whats up with that?
5. defense admitted no problem accepting that this IS INDEED Caylee. Puts a damper on CA/GA spin cycle.

Wasn't it said by the defense during the hearing that it was a PARTIALLY skeletized body? That is HUGE if so because that would give prosecution so much more to work with to send KC straight to h*ll where she belongs!!!

I thought Baez couldn't defend Casey because he lacks experience on murder cases?

He can't be the lead attorney if the DP is put back on the table. In Florida you have to be certified in DP cases and he is not. (which is more than obvious to a layperson like myself)

I am not sure he is smart enough or qualified to defend a case with the dog catcher.

Kathy Reichs is the forensic person that the TV show Bones is written about. She was the inspiration for this show. She also writes mystery novels.

If she joins the defense team I will no longer watch Bones and I will not purchase anymore of her books. I can't do much from where I sit, but I can sure do that. Every book that I would normally pick up at Barnes and NOble is now going to stay on the shelf and the $ that would have paid for the book is now going to Tim Miller.

BeagleMom

When I saw that name I thought that's where I knew it from. I went to post about it and the server was to busy....ugggh. I wonder, does she let people "buy" her opinions? Maybe she wont have anything to contribute to the defense.

I agree that she really isn't all that great of a lawyer. It seems to me at least that Casey's defense team ought to get their act together real quick! I have a sneaking suspicion that there strategy is going to be to attack and attempt to defame the detectives Yuri and Mellich, and also discredit the evidence, collection etc. The whole ball of wax. Almost an O.J. type of thing. JMHO

Fortunately for Caylee, her hero's have done everything by the book and they will come through. Whatever fly by night team JB slaps together will look and act just like that, fly by night. The Ants haven't been on the same same page as JB since day 1, C&G were willing to do anything and everything to insure KC's freedom. JB has been sloppy, lazy and half a$$ed. Only willing to use the work of others. I only pray her counsel isn't so poor she can get a retrial. The judge needs to warn her ahead of time and make sure she acknowledges her understanding of who is representing her.

I knew there was still soft tissue...I knew it. And thank the good Lord there is....because it will lend so much additional information to forensic pathologists looking over the body. If it had only been bone, proving COD might have been impossible if it were indeed due to the chloroform.

I would pay big big money to see what Casey's reaction was to all of this yesterday. Whether the "Oh God, this can't be happening" was a genuine breakdown from being caught red handed, or whether it was all yet another beautiful orchestrated and dramatic performance aiding in her "kidnap" story. Hmmmmm.

And I am so greatful for Judge Strictland's roundabout way of basically telling the defense to go take a flying leap. It's about time!

Hurry up, Quantico!

I think the duct tape on her mouth was done to set up the whole kidnap story. Premeditation all the way. It was in the "script" before she ever killed her.

When they match it all up to evidence collected from the A fam house...remember that Casey said that ZG had a key and could have been in there.

GRRRRR I am so upset....I can't get on this website let alone thread and the minute I do I get bumped!!!! Can we lock the guests out PLEASE?????????

Some of the "guests" are people like me who are logged in but refresh the page to only find that they are logged out again.

Or others may be WS members who can't log in at work.

I was thinking they are going to try to establish a later time of death by the remains and insect activity.They want to claim the body was placed there after the first arrest,therefore KC was not responsible...IMO
She's toast and they know it.

That would be a good defense, but it won't work because of the maggots, larvae, and flies in her trunk. There is a long time line - From June 15th to July - The insects in that trunk will tell the real tale and that is more than grasping at straws.

No tentative ID per Strickland - also denied motion for post autopsy look see by defense too. Shut down JB and Ms. Tacky too-small suit and strange charm bracelet...

:woohoo: Thats funny...

Fortunately for Caylee, her hero's have done everything by the book and they will come through. Whatever fly by night team JB slaps together will look and act just like that, fly by night. The Ants haven't been on the same same page as JB since day 1, C&G were willing to do anything and everything to insure KC's freedom. JB has been sloppy, lazy and half a$$ed. Only willing to use the work of others. I only pray her counsel isn't so poor she can get a retrial. The judge needs to warn her ahead of time and make sure she acknowledges her understanding of who is representing her.

I don't know about Florida, but in my state the "incompetent" attorney only applies to a state appointed attorney, never a self chosen one.

The assumption is if you hire an attorney, and they are not capable, it is your problem, not the court's problem. Just like representing yourself in court is allowed, but you can't get an appeal because you screwed up.

Some of the "guests" are people like me who are logged in but refresh the page to only find that they are logged out again.

AMEN! If I recall correctly, I did not pay to be a member. I have no more "right" to be here than a guest!

carry on

Originally Posted by passionategray

AMEN! If I recall correctly, I did not pay to be a member. I have no more "right" to be here than a guest!

carry on

JEEZE SORRY I SAID ANYTHING ABOUT NOT BE ABLE TO GET ON!! I too am a memeber and have been for many years sorry I was just frustrted as I too would like to participate in the thread! WHATEVER

Casey is so much more of a lazy idiot that I thought. She put her baby's body in a trash bag, and tossed her in the woods right behind her house. Many were speculating that she went to some elaborate attempts to hide the body, but nope, she did what was easy for her. Well, too bad for her that the water slowed decomp, because now there are tissue and hair. Too bad you suck so much Casey. You could never do anything right, could you?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal
Back