Emotional Toll

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Having a visual of all of us sitting around a circle, with colanders on our heads, eating huge bowls of soup. :crazy:

and wearing our combat boots!

Oh my, this is going to be one of those days for me. I can tell. No good sleuthing will come from this day I fear. Just lots of sadness and emotional toll.

Pass the soup, please.

and wearing our combat boots!

Oh my, this is going to be one of those days for me. I can tell. No good sleuthing will come from this day I fear. Just lots of sadness and emotional toll.

Pass the soup, please.

Looking at all of our posts on this forum this morning, I'd say we're all in the same place. Noetic is freaking out about a simple common phrase she used, you and I are making each other cry, and Oriah doesn't seem to dare to step out of the emotional thread. ;)

I think your idea of taking a break is a good one, so I'm going to do just that. Gain some distance.

Looking at all of our posts on this forum this morning, I'd say we're all in the same place. Noetic is freaking out about a simple common phrase she used, you and I are making each other cry, and Oriah doesn't seem to dare to step out of the emotional thread. ;)

I think your idea of taking a break is a good one, so I'm going to do just that. Gain some distance.

You're right. I'm going to take a chilly walk with my dog.

Thank you for removing the word "stab" in post of the thread that I created (thank you daisy7) I'm very grateful!

You're right. I'm going to take a chilly walk with my dog.

Thank you for removing the word "stab" in the thread I created (which ever mod did) I'm very grateful!

That's a good idea Noetic. I'm going to wash all of mine. That should take about 12 hours, lol, and then all I'll be able to think about is wet dog.

Hang in there, everyone. :blowkiss:

Me too, Oriah. I understand the money and manpower that would be needed to find remains when you haven't a clue where to even begin looking. What I don't understand is, at this point, why not ask the public for help? It's not as though LE can say, well, we've found enough to show cause of death, so we just have to let the rest go at this point. Do they have some evidence that suggests the rest of Zahra's remains have been destroyed and therefore can never be retrieved? Are they still actively looking for remains? If not, why not?

:waitasec:
Have the only searches been by LE?

Do any of you recall the sad story of Jaidyn Leskie, the little boy who went missing from Moe in the South Gippsland region of Victoria, Australia, and was found later dead. It took 7 months to find his little body, which was in a dam 30km north of Moe, his home town. The cold winter water had preserved his little body, which allowed for good forensic work. Nevertheless, they never successfully charged anyone with his murder. My point is that the community of Moe and other groups around Victoria banded together to conduct searches. I have since heard that the biggest search of all, in the huge lake, was conducted by the Freemasons. Of course they did not publicise their involvement ... it was secret ... but I heard this through a reliable source. Are there Lions Club, Rotary Clubs, Freemasons clubs or other such community service groups that could lend assistance if asked? Many hands make light work they say. Perhaps this task needs more than just the LE.

Going outside to work in flower beds, because my :banghead:on Search Warrant dated 10/10/10 is driving me nuts.

Going outside to work in flower beds, because my :banghead:on Search Warrant dated 10/10/10 is driving me nuts.

Hope I didn't contribute to your frustration, Hickory.

I know where you're coming from, though. I had to take a break this afternoon myself. Trying to put timeline notes into chronological order, I caught myself writing the same exact pages of notes twice. Ended up completely confused about what happened when. When I realized what I had done, I got so mad I pushed all the papers off my desk onto the floor...and no, they weren't numbered. How many pages are we talking? About 30. Front and back. :banghead:

Hope I didn't contribute to your frustration, Hickory.

I know where you're coming from, though. I had to take a break this afternoon myself. Trying to put timeline notes into chronological order, I caught myself writing the same exact pages of notes twice. Ended up completely confused about what happened when. When I realized what I had done, I got so mad I pushed all the papers off my desk onto the floor...and no, they weren't numbered. How many pages are we talking? About 30. Front and back. :banghead:

Mountain Kat, I know exactly where you're coming from.
My frustration level today is high. Very high. Very- very- very high. I hope the DA is not as confused by his thousands of pages of notes as we are.

Mountain Kat, I know exactly where you're coming from.
My frustration level today is high. Very high. Very- very- very high. I hope the DA is not as confused by his thousands of pages of notes as we are.

I've hit the wall. Too much info coming at me in too random an order. I don't know up from down at this point. :truce:

Pulling back and working on patiently waiting. Good luck to me.

I've hit the wall. Too much info coming at me in too random an order. I don't know up from down at this point. :truce:

Pulling back and working on patiently waiting. Good luck to me.

Hang in there, MK. I think the 'patiently waiting' is, ummm, trying on us all. We can do it.....right???

My health has suffered greatly over the last few weeks from this case, in a variety of ways (required doctor's visits). This true crime stuff is not my forte, I just have a really soft spot for Zahra, so it's taken a serious emotional/physical toll on me. I've found that by viewing things in isolation seems to have worked well – eg analysing EB's letters is just handwriting, information and looking for date parallels to gain a timeline; and therefore less heartbreak. It's a bit dissociated, but it's the best way I can find to manage this.

My health has suffered greatly over the last few weeks from this case, in a variety of ways (required doctor's visits). This true crime stuff is not my forte, I just have a really soft spot for Zahra, so it's taken a serious emotional/physical toll on me. I've found that by viewing things in isolation seems to have worked well – eg analysing EB's letters is just handwriting, information and looking for date parallels to gain a timeline; and therefore less heartbreak. It's a bit dissociated, but it's the best way I can find to manage this.

(((Flakes))) - huge hugs.

The heartbreak is so great. Analysis helps me also.

My patience are growing thin. I keep wanting to hear charges regarding improper disposal of a body and not reporting a death. North Carolina has laws about this. Why didn't the DA present that to the GJ at the same time he presented murder charges?

I am going outside and pick flowers. That will make me feel better :)

Been thinking about Zahra a lot this week. When the autopsy and ME's reports were released, along with the Murder charges, it really took a toll on me and I can see it did on a lot of us. To think about what horrors were done to this angel was awful, but then to actually see and have it confirmed was gut wrenching. To know that most of her remains are still out there somewhere. I have no words that could describe the sickness.

I am glad EB has been charged with her murder, but somehow it does not feel enough. I am worried about the trial. I pray justice is served, and IF someone other then EB is involved, and is going to walk free, I hope they are haunted everyday and wracked with guilt for the rest of their life. I hope they will pay dearly when Judgment Day comes.

I am so sorry for you Zahra, you deserved every good thing life has to offer. You would have grown into such a beautiful woman, I bet you would have been someone who made a difference in peoples lives. Well you have made a difference. I will always be inspired by Zahra's courage and shining smile.

I will be waiting and watching for your Justice little angel. Never ever will I forget that smile that reached out and touched a bazillion hearts.

We all know that you are okay now. That you are dancing and singing and playing with the angels. That is what I hold on to and it gives me a little bit of peace.

Zahra,

I've got no further news to offer you, other than the fact that we're all still here, watching and waiting for justice for you. I promise it's coming. (I have to believe that!)

Rest easy, my girl.

My patience are growing thin. I keep wanting to hear charges regarding improper disposal of a body and not reporting a death. North Carolina has laws about this. Why didn't the DA present that to the GJ at the same time he presented murder charges?

I am going outside and pick flowers. That will make me feel better :)

Hickory Born (my cousin lives there, by the way)... I just have to think LE is waiting for evidence before other charges are brought - perhaps against other people. I have thought of Zahra often this week. God bless her, and all of us who care SO deeply!!!! We will never give up the quest for justice, and Zahra will NEVER be forgotten!!! The world is a sadder place without Zahra.

Hickory Born (my cousin lives there, by the way)... I just have to think LE is waiting for evidence before other charges are brought - perhaps against other people. I have thought of Zahra often this week. God bless her, and all of us who care SO deeply!!!! We will never give up the quest for justice, and Zahra will NEVER be forgotten!!! The world is a sadder place without Zahra.

I was hoping I wasn't the only one who obsessively checked the who's in jail charges. I feel like I never know what will be added at what time- and I'm not sure if I should be happy when I see a new one- or worried that it means there isn't enough to stick on even the second degree.

I think I need to hang out in the emotional support thread today.

http://injail.catawbacountync.gov/WhosInJail/

I was hoping I wasn't the only one who obsessively checked the who's in jail charges. I feel like I never know what will be added at what time- and I'm not sure if I should be happy when I see a new one- or worried that it means there isn't enough to stick on even the second degree.

I think I need to hang out in the emotional support thread today.

http://injail.catawbacountync.gov/WhosInJail/

You're definitely not alone, Oriah. I check the site every second day or so, and cheer every time new charges are listed. Elisa will *never* get enough time to make up for the loss of our precious Zahra, but I take solace in the knowledge that every little bit helps ensure our girl didn't die in vain, and will tack on more jailtime for EB. If nothing else, she has highlighted that true, unmitigated evil does exist in this world (something WSers know only too well), and those people don't always look evil.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hunter2_1
Back