Emotions regarding case...

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I raised my 2 the same way...........And they have turned out to become terrific people. I think part of the problem with kids today is with both parents working no one is home. No one in most neighborhoods looks out for each others kids, everyone is to busy . When i was a kid and im only in my 40's ,if you went around the block and smoked a cig someone would call your parents and you would be in for it.............lol

LOL..That is SO true! Do you know how many times I would come home and my Mom would say "Somebody saw you.........."

Believe me I feel your pain...........My kids turned out very good except my son met and fell in love with a woman who was like KC she was just a perfect girlfriend till she pregnant and had my adorable grandson....then she turned into a horrible person. She moved in our home and after the baby was born she became a witch . We all stepped on eggshells because she is not a good mom.She put pillows in his crib and stuffed animals.She left the crib side down and he fell out of the crib.Her and i had words and she kept him away stayed downstairs with him and when she finally let us see him he had a diaper rash that made my daughter and i cry. She no longer lives here but we are worried every day for him. she keeps him away for months at a time. You are not alone

It seemed like everyone was watching you......................lol but kids were alot better back then.Now the world seems to have gone crazy

Ive been ghosting here for about two months, I was finally able to sign up and I just wanted to say, I have no idea what has me so drawn to this case, maybe its because I have two children and 8 year old and a five month old the the thought of anything happening to either of them makes me sick. I don't understand how a person can not report a child missing and act like its no big deal. I feel so horrible for that poor baby, she trusted her mother, a childs love is so unconditional, she would've gone anywhere with her and sadly her mother didn't appreciate that. I love when I am feeding my daughter, from day one, she just looked into my eyes and you can just see that pure love radiating from those little eyes, how can anyone hurt a child that is so innocent, all that baby ever did was love her mother. I think thats the hardest part for me, thinking of what Caylee must have felt like, she had no clue all she knew was she was with her mother.

The part I dont understand is, why doesn't anyone in her family know about this nanny that the baby had been going to for over 2 years, I know whenever I sent my kids to a babysitter, they ALWAYS took a backup number in case they couldnt get in touch with me and I always gave my mother the babysitters number so that God forbid something happened there was a way to get in touch with everybody. Also there has to be a lot that they arent telling us yet, and forgive me if some of these have already been answered, theres so much to go through on this site, but why didn't her bf ask the whereabouts of the baby? and if he did, well I guess she wouldve said with the Nanny. I dunno, something isn't right, I am so anxious for the outcome, I hope she gets what she deserves. I have google alerts set up so I am constantly in the loop of what is going on.

I just feel for that little girl.

My emotions are of extreme anger that this has happened to a beautiful, innocent child to heartbreak that little Caylee is gone.

I know that Caylee is in Heaven and that is a comfort. She will never know terror and mistreatment again. She will not be tossed aside in Heaven as Casey tossed her aside in her last moments here on earth.

So - anger, heartbreak, then comfort because I know as well as I am sitting here that Caylee is in Heaven.

Believe me I feel your pain...........My kids turned out very good except my son met and fell in love with a woman who was like KC she was just a perfect girlfriend till she pregnant and had my adorable grandson....then she turned into a horrible person. She moved in our home and after the baby was born she became a witch . We all stepped on eggshells because she is not a good mom.She put pillows in his crib and stuffed animals.She left the crib side down and he fell out of the crib.Her and i had words and she kept him away stayed downstairs with him and when she finally let us see him he had a diaper rash that made my daughter and i cry. She no longer lives here but we are worried every day for him. she keeps him away for months at a time. You are not alone

My oldest daughter is bipolar and the mom of a beautiful 2 year old son. She lives with my ex and is an exemplary mom in public when it benefits her to put on a show. At home, it's a different story. She verbally scolds him way past his ability to understand and smacks him when she gets frustrated. She also wants to have a social life and drops him off for babysitting every chance she gets. She refuses to listen to any of us about changing her ways, and calling CPS on her did no good and caused alienation. She could easily become a KC if she were to move out and take him with her, and it scares the family to death.

I have so many emotions going on right now. I am so very, very hopeful that Tim and TES and all of the searchers will find Caylee this weekend. :blowkiss: I am also nervous, both for if they do or don't find her. I feel like I'm going to burst into tears and throw up at the same time. Please, please bring Caylee home, so there is some sort of closure.

The pathological narcissists and sociopath I suspect I've known, and the majority of case histories w which I'm familiar, all have a clear identifiable history which anyone could recognize to which their lack of empathy can be linked or attributed. From what we've learned, there's been very little "positive and consistent" about KC's parenting or upbringing whatsoever. KC never was held accountable but sadly had her outrageously bad behavior rescued, excused and enabled one too many times, until the ultimate price was paid--by CAYLEE.

Interestingly, narcissism in particular is said to result specifically from a controlling parent's simultaneous extremes of coddling (over-indulgence, excessive smothering) AND "beating the bad" (overly harsh and critical inacceptance of mistakes). That is to say when a child is deprived of both appropriate boundaries and discipline, AND permission to fail; when neither humility, nor reasonable limits, correction and consequences are provided, in balance, at critical stages. As I said, there are a number of factors--one of which is environmental. And while all else--the role of parental or other influences from one child to another--may appear to be equal or identical, we're only able to observe as outsiders and this subjective experience varies dramatically even between siblings.

After CA had been in collusion w KC's lies, letting KC off for stealing from her and virtually every other offense for 22 years, CA finally decides to act like a parent and draws the line that Father's Day--finally threatening to put KC out and hold her daughter accountable for the first time in her life. So in an odd sense KC's right then when she tells LA, "I should've been stopped a long time ago." A statement which reveals both a weakness of conscience, and a consciousness of guilt--beyond which the law will be essentially unconcerned w such nuances, coexisting disorders, contributing factors, or how KC may have come to be the (defiant, irresponsible, blameshifting, deceitful, seemingly indifferent) person she appears to sadly have become... but I'm looking here beyond strictly legally (it belongs more rightly in psych thread but since you brought it up...) at how controlling her mother is. And the anger and emotions people feel are not limited to KC.

Narcissistic parent- vs child-centered parenting produces narcisstic children. People w NPD are compulsive, serial liars. Witness KC's envy, exploitation, sense of entitlement, lack of empathy, false inflated self... There is nothing in the way she has behaved that is remotely how a mature, secure, rational, reasonable or responsible ADULT would act. But it may have been almost a self-fulfilling prophecy the way CA constantly was telling her what a bad mother she is. Then when you read the interview w her brother after she's pressed for the truth what does she keep repeating over and over? "Maybe Mom's right, maybe I am an unfit mother afterall," That's always stuck in my mind and was a flashing neon sign to me--she musters as close as she can to telling the truth. She also makes similar statements to LE, "I know my mother will NEVER forgive me," but soon reverts to self-deprecating ("Maybe I'm just a spiteful b*") and by the time CA returns, resumes the fabricating. IMO it was, and is still, CA's reaction she fears and whom she was lying to protect, not LE. Definitely some kind of emotional caretaking and enmeshment going on there. Much of which might be avoided if raised in an environment instead of GRACE (for mistakes) and TRUTH (consequences, and accountability). Instead it seems deceit, permissiveness, self-preservation, and enablement were the order of the day and well learned, while appearances were given more importance than operating in reality.

We can call KC an evil monster and search no farther for understanding; or we can hold her harmless because she's "sick" and "can't help it," but the truth lies somewhere between. And it might help if she was given permission by her mother to stop lying.

There is nothing that can be done now to bring back Caylee nor really ever reverse the damage that one disturbed, narcisstic young woman has already heaped upon so many. But thank God for all of the psychiatrists, clergyman, educators and laypeople who do seek to understand the causes of personality disorders, or the making of a sociopath--and to end the cycle of suffering. The only way I can see to overcome that in the future is by hopefully educating parents as well as those in the counseling and therapy community toward a greater awareness of child and personality development. I am very sorry to hear of the drama surrounding your cousin, the heartache and suffering of your family's ongoing ordeal. But I can not and will never accept the theory of "demon seeds" or "psycho genes," it's a far too fatalistic and dismal prospect.

Sociopaths aren't born. And you can't do battle with a hidden "enemy." JMHO

great read worth the bump..............:furious:with the A family

Thanks kiki, that was interesting and well thought out. This is the first case I have followed this closely-and it really has been difficult to deal with at times. I have not managed to wrap my mind around a mom who can be so cold towards their child. In my lifetime I have seen many people like this, and it never makes sense. Human behavior still mystifies the experts (which I am not of), so I will probably never fully understand.
They say that psychopaths, sociopaths, and narcissists etc may be born that way. If you have a family of 8 and one of them is a psychopath and the rest lead normal, productive lives, can the parents be blamed for lack of parenting or overindulgence, or
abuse? There are so many stresses and factors that can trigger a mental issue- and individual reactions may be largely due to physiology. Stress alone can cause a deficiency of seratonin in the brain....which causes depression. Then you have families that are so obvioulsy dysfunctional that its a wonder they manage to survive. I may need antidepressants after watching this case:)

The only other case that I have followed so closely was the Andrea Yates case. I just could not get why a woman would kill all five of her children. In the end, I was ver sypathetic towards her. She,I believe had real mental problems. But this Casey thing intriges me for much different reasons. I can not believe how cold and uncaring she is. It totally blows my mind. And the lies, and the lies, and the lies,,,Unbelievable

The only other case that I have followed so closely was the Andrea Yates case. I just could not get why a woman would kill all five of her children. In the end, I was ver sypathetic towards her. She,I believe had real mental problems. But this Casey thing intriges me for much different reasons. I can not believe how cold and uncaring she is. It totally blows my mind. And the lies, and the lies, and the lies,,,Unbelievable
I'm reading a book about Andrea Yates right now called "Are You There Alone." At first and even when the drownings happened I was skeptical about her having mental issues, but this book has me convinced that yes, if there ever was a mental illness case, Andrea definitely had it. This book was written by a reporter and she had obtained medical reports, court reports, etc and it's very well written. KC, on the other hand, does not have mental issures.

I read that,too. It is just so heartbreaking.She killed her kids, because she thought that was the only way to save them. While reading the book, I thought, if it wasn't for the insurance rules that are out there, they could have kept her in for more treatment, and maybe none of this would have happened.

Smiley Amy-
Know that you are not alone. This case has affected a great number of people, me included. This is my first case although I have followed other cases in the past due to an interest in criminal profiling. I was drawn to the case because of many reasons-the inability to believe that KC could go 31 days without reporting her child missing, as well as the many many beautiful images of Caylee Marie Anthony that were shown...Nothing, and I repeat nothing, I have come across has hit me this hard or sucked me in so completely and caused me to feel such grief and cry. Even now, as I type this, I have the Orlando Sentinel minimized on my computer because I was reading the updates regarding the case before I felt compelled to write. I have printed out a binder’s worth of transcripts and evidence documents released to the public...I have gone over time lines over and over and over in my head, during work, right before bed, while walking to my car...Why, do you ask, do I ask often, has this become so important? Is it because of justice? Is it because of the NEED to know what happened and why in order to understand the incomprehensible? What is it about this case that I have made so personal, that I feel so connected to, that I feel like I know the family when I have in no uncertain terms, any right to feel this sad and feel such pain over the loss of Caylee? I think because she was last seen on my birthday...and that I'm a first time mom to an adorable 16-month old boy...that has something to do with it..I must admit, I do feel relief in knowing that I'm not the only one...I was beginning to feel a bit obsessed and, well, crazy for my obsession...
Hmmm...Handling it by playing with my son, being thankful for him and my husband every day, and having faith that there will be justice.

I'm right there with the crazy feelings this case has stirred in me. When I first started posting it was for therapy to get my voice back after my own soul trauma and it worked. I began feeling a apart of a good cause. Now lately I start to become nauseated after sluething and have begun having little tolerance for the slowness of getting this case to trial. I'm sickened by all the people who have appeared to muddy the waters of this investigation and I'm past the excuses of the "Why, When & How" KC mudered Caylee Marie Anthony. I feel one of the simplest things to do to show our alighnment and dedication to Caylee Marie Anthony is to do what no one in Caylee Marie Anthony's life has done is to spell out her entire name everytime we post, so everytime the A's or defense reads here they see her full name right in their faces, instead of Caylee Marie Anthony being called, "That child" or whatever loose terms these people have used when referencing there grandchild or for KC her daughter. If I new how I would have everyone at the bottom of their post have Caylees full name in bold ink with the saying, 'I'll always be watching" Sorry to rant, but it has been quite an interesting day!!!!!

I know people are very emotionally attached to this case. Me included.

I wondered…how many of you are new to following a case like this? And if you are new, how are you dealing with the emotional affects? What drew you to this case?

And if you are a long time Websleuth, are you as emotionally attached to this as you are to others? What makes you follow these stories? How do you handle the emotional aspect?

I found this site through someone else – who was also following this case. I don’t know what drew me to it. Maybe it is the fact that Caylee and my daughter are the exact same age. Same month, day and year. And I just can’t imagine someone – nevermind ME – doing something like that to my sweet little girl. Maybe its all the questions behind the case that drew me in.

I’m having a hard time emotionally. I find myself checking for updates all the time. I worry that they won’t find her. I worry about how I’ll react if/when they find out that she is dead. I have this glimmer of hope even though I know what everything points to. I worry that we won’t ever get an answer. I worry that the media will eventually get tired of this and it will just get brushed aside.

To you veterans…is this normal? To the newbies…do you feel the same?

This is the first case of its kind for me to grab my heart so hard...I've been following along, reading WS since about August, and I finally just joined last week. As time went along, and no sign of Caylee, my heart just sank and sank, and I felt a desperation that I have not experienced for a total "stranger" before in my life. That's the thing...I never felt like Caylee was a stranger. I don't know if it's because of all of the photos and videos I've seen of her, or what...her eyes just really grabbed me on a gut level that I cannot explain, and I know she has affected so many others this way.I'm obsessed now with attaining justice for Caylee;heartbroken that her family is so determined to cover up the truth about what happened to her.I cannot believe anyone could be in such denial in the face of so much evidence. At any rate, I'm glad I joined WS; you folks here are some of the finest folks with outstanding minds.
I think the way I'm handling it emotionally is that I keep up with all the Orlando news stations, document dumps (whenever I see more evidence for the prosecution, I have hope that justice will be served) and this blog. When I feel really doubtful that justice will prevail, I look at Caylee's photos and videos, and I have my faith restored that the jury will really see what they need to see, this beautiful,bright and wonderful child, taken from this world too soon, whom her mother thought was a possession and burden, rather than the gift from God that she was responsible for loving and protecting.

I followed the OJ case and the SP case- however, when I saw Caylee's beautiful innocent eyes on the TV screen and heard her own mother did not report her missing for 31 days, my heart went right to my throat. I began following the case with WS's for the first time and while I am still trying to figure out how to properly do this- my emotions sometimes spill out on the keyboard. I can understand a faimly supporting their loved one who is guilty as sin- however, I cannot tolerate the family allowing so many innocent people being brought into a sick and terribly sad situation.. Their behavior shows why KC is the way she is and why she did what she did. They do not take responsibility for their own actions and therefore, their children had no role models.
This I believe to be a learned behavior and possibly goes back for several generations in both families.
The antics that have been displayed by the family has brought out emotions in the rest of us that do believe in right and wrong, that we would not normally express so bluntly.
Seeing what is happening and we can do nothing about it, is so frustrating.
The hardest part for me is the total disrespect and disregard for Caylee. They child is treated like yesterday's old newspaper. It is all about Caylee and no one else but Caylee. The rest are not worth the media attention they get. If the A's are going to be on the TV, I would love to see Caylee's picture during the reporting, rather than the A's.
Don't give them anymore attention. Let's remind everyone every day this is about a beautiful innocent child having been murdered. I could have barfed when KC said her whole life has been taken away from her. No, she still has her life, only her partying has been taken away, by her own hands. Caylee's life was taken away.
Caylee Caylee Caylee Caylee

I so agree with you RevCrim-------> POST 356

As far as Emotions on this case, for me------I have had just about ever emotion possible. Most of the time it is Anger and that just isn't real healthy.

I followed the OJ case and the SP case- however, when I saw Caylee's beautiful innocent eyes on the TV screen and heard her own mother did not report her missing for 31 days, my heart went right to my throat. I began following the case with WS's for the first time and while I am still trying to figure out how to properly do this- my emotions sometimes spill out on the keyboard. I can understand a faimly supporting their loved one who is guilty as sin- however, I cannot tolerate the family allowing so many innocent people being brought into a sick and terribly sad situation.. Their behavior shows why KC is the way she is and why she did what she did. They do not take responsibility for their own actions and therefore, their children had no role models.
This I believe to be a learned behavior and possibly goes back for several generations in both families.
The antics that have been displayed by the family has brought out emotions in the rest of us that do believe in right and wrong, that we would not normally express so bluntly.
Seeing what is happening and we can do nothing about it, is so frustrating.
The hardest part for me is the total disrespect and disregard for Caylee. They child is treated like yesterday's old newspaper. It is all about Caylee and no one else but Caylee. The rest are not worth the media attention they get. If the A's are going to be on the TV, I would love to see Caylee's picture during the reporting, rather than the A's.
Don't give them anymore attention. Let's remind everyone every day this is about a beautiful innocent child having been murdered. I could have barfed when KC said her whole life has been taken away from her. No, she still has her life, only her partying has been taken away, by her own hands. Caylee's life was taken away.
Caylee Caylee Caylee Caylee

I totally agree with all you've said, RevCrim, except that to me, it is our very outrage and anguish for Caylee that causes us to come here and dissect every deceptive word and action of the A's and their attorneys. Unlike the A's and their attorneys, we want justice for "our" Caylee above all things.

The fact that they are only concerned now about getting Casey off, makes us all the more desperate to come here and shine all the light we can on the their actions and machinations. They won't stop and they won't go away, and so for Caylee's sake, neither can we. Public opinion counts; it counts a lot.

Anthonys Take S.S. Caylee Marie On Maiden Voyage
POSTED: Sunday, April 5, 2009
UPDATED: 9:48 am EDT April 5, 2009
<snipped>
George and Cindy Anthony were aboard the S.S. Caylee Marie, a boat billed as an "extreme" search and rescue vessel, when it went on its maiden voyage Saturday.

The Kid Finders Network raised about $30,000 in donations to purchase the boat, which is outfitted with the latest technology, including equipment some police forces do not possess.

The Anthonys said they are planning a "Caylee Foundation," which will have a primary purpose of helping families that are dealing with a missing child.
This was just posted today. This upsets me because the A's want to set up a foundation in Caylee's name to help families dealing with a missing child and yet money donated to KFN which was probably in Caylee's name went to buy a boat to find missing children. If a child who is missing ends up in a large enough body of water in Florida the chances of finding a body in water that contains alligators would probably be pretty slim, I would think. So instead of taking that money and offering to help the two families in Florida who still have children missing, the A's are out today on a boat that is useless. Wonder if KFN will be serving crab puffs???

It is a given that George and Cindy will take a salary out of any donations--even if it means there is nothng left to help find children. That's the way operators like KFN and the Anthonys work the system.
I for one will never send a dime to either.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmann420
Back