Emotions regarding case...

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm just back from taking a week off...maybe close to two. It did me some good to worry about the crap in my own life rather than the crap in someone else's!

I don't know about you guys - but I go to sleep thinking about this child and I wake up thinking about her. I can't do this anymore. I am 39 yrs old. I have 3 children ages 6, 11 & 12. I hug them so tight now they think I am crazy. I just talked to my parents and they are just like "oh that family is crazy". bla bla bla but I listened to Cindy and all the tapes and I have hi-lited all of the text messaging. I can't do this anymore. This case is really freaking me out. This needs to go to Ranting but I couldn't find it.
Everyone is right. Try to take a break. Just want you to know though, this case has made me insane too. I can't get away from the computer. When I do have to go out for errands, etc., I rush through everything so I can get back really quick. My house has never been this much of a wreck, my family hasn't had a really decent meal in weeks, and my friends are wondering why I've dropped off the face! Not kidding about any of this. Also think I've gained 10 lbs from sitting on my arse so much and have smoked WAY more than normal. So believe me I feel where you're coming from!
Thankfully though, I have forced myself this past week to get some exercise in, and that's made a difference.

i took a step back too .. as much as we want justice for this angel.. we have our OWN angels to take care of .. my kiera and my lance are the most important people in my life .. if you work in cases like this for a living you have to separate that time and your family time ,

I don't know about you guys - but I go to sleep thinking about this child and I wake up thinking about her. I can't do this anymore. I am 39 yrs old. I have 3 children ages 6, 11 & 12. I hug them so tight now they think I am crazy. I just talked to my parents and they are just like "oh that family is crazy". bla bla bla but I listened to Cindy and all the tapes and I have hi-lited all of the text messaging. I can't do this anymore. This case is really freaking me out. This needs to go to Ranting but I couldn't find it.

Please CK, like others have said, take a step back. Try and NOT look at the computer for a day or two. I too let myself get way too involved reading, thinking.... wondering what I could do. I would sit here all day consumed with the story....now I try not to, and it helps. I went out with my daughter and grandson today and just laughed and acted silly. If you need to chat on a more personal level,[ I am available]:). CK...(((((((hugs))))).

It is really sad when strangers care more for Caylee than her own family. I am also consumed with this case and catch up as much as I can.

I just don't understand why KC and her parents will not do the right thing for once in their evil lives and let this baby rest in peace. If she is alive some place then go get her and stop this madness.

I can't wait until they put KC right back in jail and she never gets out.

Find comfort in knowing your heart is in the right place. Feel blessed for what you have. Tend to yourself...we need you here! Come back when you're ready.

I cant say the case has ruined my life but it certainly has taken over. Im like an addict..waiting for something to happen..it nuts..

My kids have run out of clean socks a few times since this circus came to my town.....

ckwood32... I'm still a newbie to this board but I've lurked a long time...on this and other high profile cases. I understand what it's like to be obsessed over something out of your control. You seem to be a good-hearted woman and I'm sure you're a great mom. Turn your computer off now. For at least 1 week. When you come back...make sure you limit your time online. Now...if you can't do it for you...do it for your kids. Now turn off the computer sweetie. We'll all be glad to see you when you get back.

I have to agree with the previous posters on this topic. It is easy to get attached to a case when a child is involved in a case. We can all relate. But remember a good detective learns to not get involved on a personal level, even though you feel like is is consuming your life, imagine how the real detectives feel (Very Frustrated). All I can say here at webslueths we must march on, and not let this get to us. Because is we do that means casey WINS. We must say focused and try and solve this thing.

I had to take a big step backwards last year with the Madeleine McCann case. I was obsessed and it was going nowhere. At least with Caylee, LE seems to be close to bringing charges against her mom.

I agree with eveyone who said you need to take time out and smell the roses. Enjoy your family, set up dates with your loved ones. Caylee is in God's hands, and there is nothing we can do to change anything.

stress-picture-stress-relief-kit.jpg

best thing to do,

scope around 2-3 times per week

i have a zillion things to do .... and they need to be done

if i dont do them, they dont get done

so. as with everything

moderation is the key :)

Ck,
I hear you loud and clear. I had to walk away from this case for awhile also. Theres just too much drama that puts you on that roller coaster ride called depression. Not healthy at all. Life sure has improved around our home since i got out of dodge for awhile.
Hope your recovering.:blowkiss:
BB

Stuff those papers in a drawer. I understand your frustration. What I wouldn't give to be able to walk up to Casey and punch her in the face (and i'm not a violent person). I've had to step away from the computer lots lately, especially with all this new stuff coming out. Watched some movies with my son, hung out with the dog, went to visit my mom.

You're lucky - the other night I caught myslef walking the daughter and watching the movie with the dog.

Take a deep breath - it's going to be OK.
We have all been "consumed" by this case to varying degrees.

Is this your first "true crime" case?

I've had fairly intense interest in a couple - but I do think this one is more convoluted than most - and there is so much info out there, now especially.

After this is over - you may find yourself backing away from "true crime" cases for a while. I think overload sets in - and a sort of recuperation period is needed - at least that's how it is for me.

I agree. I used to read true crime books all the time, the only books i would read, in fact. I read my last true crime book when i was pregnant with my first child. I started getting so physically sick when i would read what the crime scenes looked like and what these people actually did step by step....

This case has been the first true crime i have even piddled in in the past 6 years, and for the most part I am doing ok, but i have lately been ONLY following stuff on here and not really delving into it too much, i read and take it in, but have had to slow down my interest lately so that i can stop thinking about it when i need to. Although i never stop thinking about Caylee in general.

I would never ever be able to read a book about what actually happened to caylee though. This is as close as i would like to get.

Take some time off, things are slowing down for the most part anyways, we'll be here when you come back.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat
Back