Epic Snow Storm for Mid-Atlantic

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't think Conn is getting a lot from the storm, the snow levels seem to decrease as you go north from the DC area. Here's a great weather site with frequent updates and a good forum (click on comments). The Washington Post meterologists updates, in the forum, are bolded.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/capitalweathergang/

Blizzard warning in effect for DC now.

It's starting to get chunky out there. :square:

It's starting to get chunky out there. :square:

Yes it is byrd. I am hearing of scattered power outages in the area. Trees are bending seriously low and the snow plows can't keep up...but, other than that I am really loving all this snow !

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

the infamoous blizzard of 78 it is rumored they only forecasted flurries for the day it started (ironically, it was feb 6, which is tommorow) so now any time there's even a hint of snow in the air, everyone stocks up on food 3 days in advance lol

-----------------------
We were hit bad with that storm too. I remember the one we had the day after Thanksgiving in 1950.We had about 24" in less than 24hours. I was snowed into the hospital for 3 more days,I went home in a hearse,only vehicles able to hold its own on the road except trucks.yes we had plows,trucks, shovels,salt, to no avail.It was sad as I had lost our baby daughter.My heart goes out to all, take care and dont go out if you dont have to..:angel:

P.S. they forecast flurries both times!

TV crew spots Daschle pushing car down DC street

Updated: Friday, 05 Feb 2010, 10:24 PM EST
Published : Friday, 05 Feb 2010, 10:24 PM EST

By MYFOXDC STAFF/myfoxdc

While FOX 5 was busy covering the start of the Blizzard of 2010 in D.C. on Friday night, our reporters came across a number of stranded vehicles—but one stood out from the rest.

As reporter Matt Ackland and his photographer Nelson Jones were driving down Wisconsin Avenue in Upper Northwest D.C. while they were live on the air, they spotted a man trying to push his car out of the snow. When they stopped to help—live on the air—they found that it was none other than former South Dakota Senator Tom Daschle.

Daschle's car was stuck along the roadway, but Jones hopped out to help him push.

Of course, D.C. officials have been urging residents not to venture out onto the road in the treacherous conditions, but apparently Daschle had somewhere to be. There's no word on where he was headed.

Video at link...

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/local/senator-tom-daschle-stuck-in-snow-020510

We are hanging in there... the wind and heavy snow is pretty bad, but the bigger stuff has yet to hit us. :( I am so not happy, right now... but thankfully we have not lost electricity.

TV crew spots Daschle pushing car down DC street

Updated: Friday, 05 Feb 2010, 10:24 PM EST
Published : Friday, 05 Feb 2010, 10:24 PM EST

By MYFOXDC STAFF/myfoxdc

While FOX 5 was busy covering the start of the Blizzard of 2010 in D.C. on Friday night, our reporters came across a number of stranded vehicles—but one stood out from the rest.

As reporter Matt Ackland and his photographer Nelson Jones were driving down Wisconsin Avenue in Upper Northwest D.C. while they were live on the air, they spotted a man trying to push his car out of the snow. When they stopped to help—live on the air—they found that it was none other than former South Dakota Senator Tom Daschle.

Daschle's car was stuck along the roadway, but Jones hopped out to help him push.

Of course, D.C. officials have been urging residents not to venture out onto the road in the treacherous conditions, but apparently Daschle had somewhere to be. There's no word on where he was headed.

Video at link...

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/local/senator-tom-daschle-stuck-in-snow-020510

I missed seeing that... people are nuts to get out in this mess... I wonder where he was going.

We are getting walloped here in allentown pa! Its coming down really hard./

Everyone please stay safe!!

We too are really starting to get the true blast of this one.. really coming down now ( further south than Ladybass)

the store shelves have been bare for days now and lines really long but I am loving the snow .. cant wait to have some fun shoveling and sledding tomorrow _ wohoo! Little opme is excited and cant wait to wake up to some real sledding snow tomorrow.

It's getting deep out there, we have about 13 inches so far. If we keep the heat and lights I'll be good to go. Fairfax Co has 36,000 without power now. It sure is beautiful though !

It's getting deep out there, we have about 13 inches so far. If we keep the heat and lights I'll be good to go. Fairfax Co has 36,000 without power now. It sure is beautiful though !

Keeping my fingers crossed for you on the heat and lights! Just in case ours goes I went ahead and just fixed coffee and tea. If we lose electricity, in the big thermal bottles they go to stay hot. LoL I have priorities... coffee, tea first... then I'll worry about everything else. LoL!!!!

i heard 2 feet of snow.
up here we call that a dusting :)

Lol, well we don't see that here, so for us, this is huge. I love being snowed in!

Keep us posted as to the progress everyone and stay safe.

:) :)

wind is picking up here, we probably got a good 6-8 inches so far

We too are really starting to get the true blast of this one.. really coming down now ( further south than Ladybass)

the store shelves have been bare for days now and lines really long but I am loving the snow .. cant wait to have some fun shoveling and sledding tomorrow _ wohoo! Little opme is excited and cant wait to wake up to some real sledding snow tomorrow.

Never ever have I seen the line for prescriptions in CVS wind all the way back to the refridgerated section.

DD works at a market and is telling me how nuts people are. Must get the bread, milk, and eggs. She calls it the French Toast order.

Already I've gone out three times to shovel. I'm just trying to make the burden easier to bare tomorrow. Times like this I'm glad I'm in walking distance to anything that is open.

"It's snow ho hoing". Had to say that quote from Pee Wee's Christmas Special.

We are getting pummeled, big time, right now... wind is fierce and snow is heavy and falling fast... it has hit blizzard mode, for sure. :( I just stepped out onto the porch and was shocked to find that we have quite a few trees and large shrubbery that are pretty much broken apart and destroyed from the wind and the weight of the heavy snow. Overall the snow is deep with some drifting that puts it just a few inches from the top of the backyard fencing. I am going to guess that within the next few hours, the fencing will be totally snowed over.

Thank goodness, though: we have had no electricity issues. I hope it stays that way.

Extra prayers for the sick and the elderly who have no power, and for the homeless persons and animals, in Jesus' Protective Name, Amen!

You all be safe. Please keep checking in.

Thinking of and praying for everyone!! I thought it was cool when we got 18" during a storm in January (or was it December? I forgot already). I love being snowed in but losing electricity is scary. Hope you all stay safe. And as Tricia said, keep checking in!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413
Back