Epic Snow Storm for Mid-Atlantic

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
!!!!!MY MID-ATLANTIC FRIENDS ...HERE WE GO AGAIN!!!!! go out and get your bread and milk.

!!!!!MY MID-ATLANTIC FRIENDS ...HERE WE GO AGAIN!!!!! go out and get your bread and milk.

I'm so not in the mood :) How bout you go it alone? I'll construct a bubble around my house very, very quickly! Hahaha...

On that note, has anyone heard the 3/7/10 rumor?

I'm so not in the mood :) How bout you go it alone? I'll construct a bubble around my house very, very quickly! Hahaha...

Working my last nerve, Trishy. People are out there acting nuts again. WAWA, CVS, SUPER FRESH. You know the drill.

PLease don't tell me there's a blizzard coming March 7th. Please.

BTW, I was born around that date and it was in a blizzard. A paddy wagon had to take my mom to have me.

I thought it was just Pittsburghers that stormed the grocery stores for bread, milk and...toilet paper.
Nope, took me twice as long to get home tonight, traffic coming in and out of the supermarkets, malls, etc. Like Phila is going to be shut down til spring. Course if the power goes out for long enough they'll have to put the milk out in the snow anyway.

Not the rumor itself. Glenn Snowicane Schwartz mentioned something about it yesterday or Monday saying it's too early to predict.

Working my last nerve, Trishy. People are out there acting nuts again. WAWA, CVS, SUPER FRESH. You know the drill.

PLease don't tell me there's a blizzard coming March 7th. Please.

BTW, I was born around that date and it was in a blizzard. A paddy wagon had to take my mom to have me.

Ugh... I got the last loaf of bread. Most of my co-workers moved here from other locations. They never experienced the milk, eggs, bread runs before and wonder why everyone NEEDS to make french toast when it snows... :waitasec: I hate when I call home and bread makes it on the list the night before a storm.

Me, I pick up the essentials, beer and ginger ale. Last storm I was stuck without my beer replacement. A pregnant ginger ale addict without ginger ale makes for a very unhappy woman!

The Farmers Almanac says 40 inches of snow on March 7th. My most memorable storm is the 3/13/93ish blizzard... my birthday, of course :) Nothing like waking up to feet of snow on your birthday!

24 inches expected here tonite through Friday!

:twocents:
I found out in SC they abandonned the bread and milk and switched to BEER! Hey first things first!
:dance:

Not the rumor itself. Glenn Snowicane Schwartz mentioned something about it yesterday or Monday saying it's too early to predict.

(That guy cracks me up just watching him)
I guess I better apologize to Hubby, 'cuz I thought he was just messing with my head. :truce: This has become so unreal....wake me up when its over.

TrishyPA - can we all come to your "bubble" and drink your beer?

Pittsburghgirl - :laugh: -toilet paper...thats a good one !!! Funny thing is that I didnt know it was going to snow and I had my car warming up to do my bi-weekly shopping when MIL called to tell me :banghead: I reconsidered and said we'll eat stale crackers with peanut butter and drink the Box-O-Milk. (is that stuff really milk???)

Stay safe and keep posting !!!!

It has been snowing all morning in NYC and is expected to continue the rest of today, tonight and into tomorrow morning. It isn't as much of a pain for us to get around in the city because the subways tend to keep on track - at least the ones which are underground only - and in my neighborhood there are 2 grocery stores and a dozen bodeghas within a 2 block radius I can walk to and ensure I do not run out of my beer and ciggie rations. It does turn into a slushy mess with like 3 feet of sludge piling up at crosswalks. My favorite is when it looks solid until you step on it and sink down 3 feet into icy cold, nasty water. But still, I can't help but love a good snowstorm.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413
Back