Evidence revealed during the course of the Wrongful Death action

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Do the Zahaus know what she was wearing that day to know they are "missing"? The clothes Ann Rule described were small and women's don't forget those little details.

And if she was ambushed in the shower as you speculate, then why are "missing" clothes an issue?

According to Lash, the missing clothes indicate Rebecca's murderers took them to hide their DNA.

I lean towards Rebecca being ambushed in the shower as there's clumps of hair in the shower and blood on the wall. Seems likely there was an attack there. Plus it'd be easy for Rebecca's murderers to overpower her in a tiny, slippery space where she is unlikely to be able to escape, correct? With the shower water running, she likely didn't even hear the murderers creep up behind her. Obviously this is all conjecture on my part because I wasn't there. But I'm basing my conjecture on the very limited, available evidence. Hopefully the depos will allow more physical evidence to come out.

"Missing clothes" still an issue because wouldn't clothes she wore that day be in the hamper then? If not, where are they?

Have you seen the investigative files? You must have, because that is the only way you would know if they ckecked the thorn tree for blood. How did you get a copy? Can you link them here? TIA

Honestly this is simple to answer. If the police found blood on the tree, they would have stated that in the press conference because that info would have helped their 'suicide' case. The fact that they didn't say anything about blood on the tree is simply that: there wasn't any.

Honestly this is simple to answer. If the police found blood on the tree, they would have stated that in the press conference because that info would have helped their 'suicide' case. The fact that they didn't say anything about blood on the tree is simply that: there wasn't any.

The press conference only lasted a little over an hour. There is no way that they could cover everything that 15 detectives from SDSO, the Department of Justice, and the Federal Bureau of Investigations who were working around the clock for seven weeks tested or found, is there?

It was certainly enough to have them conclusively determine Rebecca Zahau committed suicide.

The press conference only lasted a little over an hour. There is no way that they could cover everything that 15 detectives from SDSO, the Department of Justice, and the Federal Bureau of Investigations who were working around the clock for seven weeks tested or found, is there?

It was certainly enough to have them conclusively determine Rebecca Zahau committed suicide.

Something as important as *blood* the police have *no time* to report to the public during a major press conference of a "violent, suspicious death"? Really?! Yet they have time to intimate to reporter about "*advertiser censored*"? LOL You must be jesting.

Something as important as *blood* the police have *no time* to report to the public during a major press conference of a "violent, suspicious death"? Really?! Yet they have time to intimate to reporter about "*advertiser censored*"? LOL You must be jesting.

IIRC, the *advertiser censored* was not brought up until Anne Bremner leaked it on her Facebook page. Can you link that portion of the press conference? In the meantime, I'll go look search the doc for "*advertiser censored*".

As I said before, hard to cover everything from a seven week investigation in just over an hour.

IIRC, the *advertiser censored* was not brought up by the SDSO. It was Anne Bremner leaked it on her Facebook page. I just searched my transcript of the press conference for both "*advertiser censored*" and "*advertiser censored*" and found neither. Please correct me by linking your information.

As I said before, hard to cover everything from a seven week investigation in just over an hour - they didn't have time to cover the *advertiser censored* or all the blood or everything they tested.

IIRC, the *advertiser censored* was not brought up by the SDSO. It was Anne Bremner leaked it on her Facebook page. I just searched my transcript of the press conference for both "*advertiser censored*" and "*advertiser censored*" and found neither. Please correct me by linking your information.

As I said before, hard to cover everything from a seven week investigation in just over an hour - they didn't have time to cover the *advertiser censored* or all the blood or everything they tested.

There were 2 press conferences. The *advertiser censored* was discussed at the second press conference after a reporter asked Sheriff Gore a direct question. Sheriff Gore referred the question to Anne Bremner.

News 8 asked Sheriff Bill Gore whether *advertiser censored* was found on Zahau's computer at a news conference Wednesday, but he refused to comment on the content recovered.

"That information is now in the possession of Anne Bremner if she'd like to discuss that with you," said Gore. "We're not really putting out all the specifics of the information found on the computer."

Those specifics are contained in the forensic computer report that Sheriff Gore also said he is not inclined to release.

"We released what we thought was pertinent so the public could understand how we arrived at our conclusions. To release the whole file would not be in keeping with our own policy," said Gore.

A spokesperson with the Sheriff's department told News 8 on Saturday, "We see no need to comment."

Also on Bremner's Facebook page Friday evening was a posting that read, "…a person of interest in the case viewed *advertiser censored* on his iPhone before ‘discovering' her body.'"

The Facebook posting has since been removed but Sheriff's investigators have said it was Adam Shacknai who discovered Zahau's body around 6:30 a.m. on July 13.

http://www.760kfmb.com/story/160836... censored*-found-on-coronado-mansion-computer

There were 2 press conferences. The *advertiser censored* was discussed at the second press conference after a reporter asked Sheriff Gore a direct question. Sheriff Gore referred the question to Anne Bremner.

Regardless, Gore still chose to discuss or at least intimate strongly about the *advertiser censored* on Rebecca's computer instead of choosing to discuss relevant blood/DNA on cactus tree or analyze the blood drops on wall of shower and floor of murder room, AND he didn't even want to talk about the lack of existence of Dina's alibi during the commission of Rebecca's murder. Moreover, per Lash's quote of Gore, "We released what we thought was pertinent so the public could understand how we arrived at our conclusions. To release the whole file would not be in keeping with our own policy," said Gore. Wow. So blood/DNA found at a crime scene of "a suspicious violent death" is *not* pertinent according to Gore. Can this head of police be any less clueless?

And yes, I know he mentioned cellphone triangulation. So we know Dina's *cellphone* is innocent of murder. But what of Dina? LOL

It has been ONE YEAR since anyone has posted in the EVIDENCE thread...WHY??

Because the Zahaus made up their crazy story and have absolutely NO EVIDENCE at all. There WAS no murder, since Rebecca Zahau took her own life, as has been proved by Law Enforcement.

The case will be thrown out very soon. Judge Bacall already warned the Zahaus they need EVIDENCE, not just "belief".

There is NO EVIDENCE for SOMETHING THAT NEVER HAPPENED.

snipped

It has been ONE YEAR since anyone has posted in the EVIDENCE thread...WHY??

You are correct!!!

I'm sure I'm not the only one who wonders WHY the second ex-mrs. jonah shacknai hasn't provided proof her hands are clean of Rebecca's torture and killing, particularly when it would be sooo very easy to do.

Why do you suppose that hasn't happened?

Do you have a schedule of all of the depostitions since last January? No? Then we don't know that Dina has not been deposed. Most likely, she has.

But it is the Zahaus that have to prove that Adam Dina, and Nina are GUILTY - in the eyes of the LAW (and Rebecca's SUICIDE RULING) the three are INNOCENT until PROVEN GUILTY.

You state that Rebecca Zahau was "tortured and murdered" like it is a fact, when it is only your opinion (against the WS rules, BTW).

Rebecca's death was a suicide, as proved by the FOUR agencies that worked on the case.

http://sdsheriff.net/coronado/

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ho-Had-Motive-Method-amp-Opportunity-!/page16

11-27-2012, 05:11 PM#230

Carioca

11-27-2012, 05:11 PM

The bicycle couple that identified Dina at Spreckels, they both state she disappeared down the driveway, "into the shadows beyond." Although when asked by the detective if she had entered Spreckels and they said no, they had no way of knowing there was a gate at the end of the driveway leading to the inner court with doors left unlocked. They did not see her enter the front door, the only door visible to them. Therefore, it cannot be stated unequivocally that only RZ and AS were inside the mansion that night.

… She checked the door but didn't go in. She was nervously turning around, and walking back and forth -- as if she was "trying to decide whether to go in."

Then she cam down from the porch, walked back and forth some more, hesitated, and started pacing again. Finally she walked along some grass that adjoined the driveway and disappeared.

…. His wife had also seen the indecisive woman walking toward the back of Shacknai's estate on the driveway and then into the shadows beyond.

"Did you see her go inside?" a detective asked.

"No," he said. "This woman didn't appear to go inside Spreckels Mansion -- she only walked back and forth from the front porch to the driveway several times
in a way that made her look distressed -- but not terrified." couple that identified Dina at Spreckels, they both state she disappeared down the driveway, "into the shadows beyond."

It is VERY interesting that only Jim Haager is listed as "evidence" for the Zahaus (along with the LE investigative reports and Cyril Wecht, who has said he cannot say it was homicide).

Why isn't MRS. HAAGER being used as "evidence". Sounds to me like she is uncomfortable swearing under oath that she saw Dina at the mansion.

IP, since you know Jim Haager, do you know his wife as well? Do you know why she is not giving a deposition?

It is VERY interesting that only Jim Haager is listed as "evidence" for the Zahaus (along with the LE investigative reports and Cyril Wecht, who has said he cannot say it was homicide).

Why isn't MRS. HAAGER being used as "evidence". Sounds to me like she is uncomfortable swearing under oath that she saw Dina at the mansion.

IP, since you know Jim Haager, do you know his wife as well? Do you know why she is not giving a deposition?
Probably the good husband wants and needs to protect his beloved wife and mother of his children from being stalked and harassed?

JMO

IIRC, all we have seen is a list of completed depositions. The list does not even tell us which party requested the depositions. Nina and Dina's names are not listed. Logically, I would assume Zahau attorney Mr. Greer has not finished deposing his witnesses. In my opinion, I think it is Dina's legal team who presented the depo list and it is their witnesses. Especially considering her name and her sisters name are absent. Wouldn't that make sense?

Probably the good husband wants and needs to protect his beloved wife and mother of his children from being stalked and harassed?

JMO

No one is being harrassed in this case except the true victim, Dina Shacknai.

No, it is MUCH more likely that the wife refused to testify because she did not want to state she saw Dina Shacknai under oath.

If it were REALLY about justice, she would testify for the Zahaus. They certainly NEED all the evidence they can get.

Cyril Wecht, Jim Haager, and Mary not thinking Rebecca would commit suicide isn't going to cut it, since after all, Rebecca committed SUICIDE.

http://sdsheriff.net/coronado/

snipped

You are correct!!!

I'm sure I'm not the only one who wonders WHY the second ex-mrs. jonah shacknai hasn't provided proof her hands are clean of Rebecca's torture and killing, particularly when it would be sooo very easy to do.

Why do you suppose that hasn't happened?

I see pro-Dina camp is not responding to your important question. So let me try.

It's because Dina has NO evidence/alibi pointing to innocence in Rebecca's sadistic torture and heinous murder.

Go directly to :jail: Dina. Do not pass go.

Dina has already given her deposition and has many witnesses that have been deposed as well.

Dina will never go to jail for Rebecca Zahau's "sadistic and heinous" SUICIDE. She has been investigated by LE and proven to have no involvement.

How about some REAL EVIDENCE, Bourne. Physical evidence. DNA. Fingerprints. Anything.

Oh wait, there is none.

Nevermind.

Do tell, lulu, how you know the second ex mrs jonah shacknai gave a deposition and deposed many witnesses. You know, like some proof, evidence-based proof. Otherwise, your statement is only RUMOR, misinformation, an untruth (lies).

Oh. Wait. Nevermind.
Doubt you have any.

GilGil and screescree, how do you know innocent Dina Shacknai DID NOT give a deposition and depose many witnesses???

Real proof, please. For as you know, otherwise, it is just RUMOR.

GilGil and screescree, how do you know innocent Dina Shacknai DID NOT give a deposition and depose many witnesses???

Real proof, please. For as you know, otherwise, it is just RUMOR.
Hah!!!

The response to my post, imo, proves you have NO EVIDENCE, the post is just more of the same posted untruths/skewed info found on here that is posted by you.

In spite of our contentious postings, I wish you a....

Very Merry Christmas [emoji319] to you and yours.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankfurtfun
Back