Experience with LEA's

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

C. Walter Brown

Reaction score
I have been exposed to many LEA's writing books. I have been exposed to them doing Information Technology work with them (my REAL job). I have been interviewed by the TBI for a vlog I wrote once pointing out evidence in a trial transcript that should have proved a convicted man innocent. Gregory House would later be released from death row. I am not claiming it was because of my vlog but I am educated and far from a crackpot.

I understand that LEA's hear opinions all the time from people who watch CSI. I realize they can't run down every idea people may have. But I want to offer the following bits that irritate me.

1) Some LEA's refer to us as civilians. This indicates a hierarchy of standing they give themselves. Some will tell you it doesn't matter what they call us. Psychologically, I say it does. It tells us almost instantly if a department will be receptive or not.

2) Some LEA's are territorial. If you work with one agency another wants nothing to do with you. In my case the Knoxville, Tn Police Department are open to any suggestion. The Knox County Sheriff's dept. not so much. My pet project is the Shotgun Jane Doe. After almost 40 years who cares who solves it?

3) Some LEA's tell us they don't have the budget for testing we desire. I offered to pay for the test...No response. I offered to remain anonymous.

I will say I have the best luck with ME's and Universities they seem to want to cooperate. So why are LEA's so different? If you can't tell, I am frustrated right now.

I ask for your ideas.

Why are many LEA's like this? What can we do? How do we present ourselves when offering help? Do we take a resume with us? A letter from a Congressman or local official vouching for us? At what point do we determine cooperation is not coming and contact the media?

Ideas? Thoughts?

C. Walter Brown

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Madsulli