Explosion at the Boston Marathon #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would appreciate it if we can keep out politics out of this thread. If you want to discuss this from a political perspective please go to the PP down below.We all have certain news sources we favor,but by referring to them as right wing,or left wing sources does not help us sleuth this case. There is a whole thread down there about media bias and can we trust the media. Obviously,both the media and LE have blown this in a lot of respects. And please stop the swiping!!

I saw an interview in the midst of my hectic evening.
I only saw one and not sure about the two

I think foreign terrorism is what he is an expert in.

But looking at his accomplishments, I'd say he has done some pretty impressive stuff during his career.

ETA: and I'm not an expert on him and never claimed to be. I'm sure like most, he has had accomplishments and failures in his life.

Yes, he is an expert and far more knowledgable than many who opine about the region and the culture but have never left the USA. If you know anyone who has actually lived or served in the some part of the Middle East, their descriptions of actual tribal life , custom, folkways and religious practices are far different from many "views" being pushed upon us. Even many University Profs are like someone who eats every Friday at a Brooklyn pizzaria and thinks he isan expert in life in rural Italy.

Politics is like trials...each side has its "experts." Each side has its preferred source of "news." One politicans LIES is anothers understandable mistake.

The respect or disrespect shown says more about poster politics than anyone's "credentials."

And so it will continue....

As I was going through this thread from last night and looking at these pics, that was the first thought that popped in my head, that 3 different news stories said the guy had a backwards white cap and grey sweatshirt which the guy in the pics did not have and hardly anyone was making that point, on here or elsewhere. There were also no stories of sources saying another suspect was a guy wearing a blue jumpsuit (something that is pretty descriptive and stands out if it were true). I kept on thinking, what is making people hone in on these two other than a nice red circle being drawn on the ground, the fact they both have backpacks/dufflebags and the guy just happens to wear a white hat (but not backwards).

This post lands at random. I went back through the second thread and this is what I've been able to come up with.

Here is the first post with a media quote about the video of the suspect.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Explosion Boston Marathon #2

This is the first post I can find referencing a description from the Lord and Taylor video that was "not" released to media. (quotes because I can no longer find the reference that I thought I saw saying it wasn't being released at that time)
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Explosion Boston Marathon #2

From there the thread blew up with the non-arrest news, the bomb threats at the court and hospital and the skin color debate. And then, somehow, everything was passed over in favor of the two guys after this post...

because of the links in these posts.

I think the media screwed up here, showing the pictures of the two guys (that were supposed to be for LE only), who may or may not be the people LE may or may not have wanted to talk to regarding the bombs, and then the internet (our site and others) made the leap to those two men being guilty and it snowballed from there.

I'm sure the terrorism expert knows his stuff. It's his unnamed source I question.

I thought the POI was supposed to also have a gray hoodie & a black jacket?

I was ONLY commenting on the white hat because this is the first time *I* have seen someone with a white hat backwards. Nothing more. I believe they said black coat with gray hoodie. I was not sure if this guy's coat was black or brown.

in my opinion, they need to hurry up and show the images so innocent people and minors don't keep getting smeared all over the internet....jmo

I thought the POI was supposed to also have a gray hoodie & a black jacket?

The only picture I have seen so far, where the person does have on a light hoodie, black jacket and white hat worn backwards it this one.

All sizes | DSC03128 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

It was linked early yesterday by another poster, but seemed to get completely ignored.

From reading that the video shows the POI dropping the bag at the second site while on the phone while the first bomb detonated, I'd be inclined to believe that this guy is not the right person either, since he was on the other side of the street. I don't know how easy it was to cross the street while the marathon was on.

So it seems the media basically lied (some of them) to get ratings up saying "LE showed me the pictures) of the two track-runner boys. I smell a lawsuit soon.

The Feds are debating on releasing the info to all of us or not due to fear of the suspects being tipped off. I'd say they already are.
They have already had a 3 day head start ... they could be anywhere, even in a foreign country. You can bet they have radically altered their appearance, I also wouldent be surprised if they were disguised when planting the bombs. They had to have known there was a chance they would be seen on video with all the store security cameras, red light cameras, etc we have these days.

Thank you!

From this angle (from 2nd bomb site) it shows the metal gate bent up against the green box. That would make me think that the bomb was set on the sidewalk side of the fence.

Anyone?

I agree.

Also, all the wounded people seem to be inside the fence. It looks like the people on the streets are trying to get in to the area to help. I don't think they'd be doing that if the bomb went off outside the fence.

in my opinion, they need to hurry up and show the images so innocent people and minors don't keep getting smeared all over the internet....jmo

Amen. The random person with the khakis, the hat, a backpack, not looking at the race....ugh. It's getting ridiculous.

I was ONLY commenting on the white hat because this is the first time *I* have seen someone with a white hat backwards. Nothing more. I believe they said black coat with gray hoodie. I was not sure if this guy's coat was black or brown.

Two things:

1) His coat is definitely brown and no reports (however credible) mentioned a brown jacket/sweatshirt

2) It seems like he's actually walking toward the crowd, maybe to help, which I think would be the exact opposite of what the bomber would do.

IMO, I don't think the perps are going to be in the immediate vicinity in any of these pics after the explosions.

ETA: That pic does prove one thing, via the gate. The earlier pic of the bag next to the mailbox that the media was going crazy over isn't the bomb because if it did that to the gate in this pic, there is no way the mailbox is still there in that earlier pic if a bomb was placed next to it.

Just saw the Chairmen of the Homeland Security Committee on Megyn Kelley. Forgive me if I don't get all the info,but the one thing Megyn pressed him on was whether he thought this was one person or more. She asked him several times and without giving her a definitive answer,he said based on what he is seeing,yes it is one or more people that the FBI is seeking. He believes soon,they will release the photos to the public.

I'm Canadian so I'm not really sure, but doesn't the Patriot Act allow agents to *detain* someone without *arresting* them if they are suspected of terrorism. And doesn't congress have something to do with approving the length of detainment?

I'm just confused about how they mix up in the media if they arrested someone or not and the lack of pressers. And curious how Janet Napolitano is discussing it at a meeting.

It's a little concerning they are going to release photos, only because there lies a ton of potential for false identification if anyone looks even close to what they release.

Haven't been able to keep up unfortunately. Has there been any news if the blue coat and white hat are the POI? Any updates? Thank you guys so much!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro