Explosion Boston Marathon #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to donate blood but I had a blood transfusion 11.5 months ago so I need to wait until the end of May. I hate this feeling of helplessness. :( Praying for everyone affected by this travesty.

And, as far as I was taught [my major was International Relations and I took several classes regarding terrorism and genocide], terrorism is defined simply as an act of violence used to incite terror/fear.

Your definition would make more sense (in this regard) then what I found "googling it".

Boston Globe News ‏@GlobeMetro 58s
Boston Marathon Toll rises even higher. More than 120 treated at 7 local hospitals.

Apparently they have CCTV of a man planting backpacks, but it's hard to know if it's true.

I heard backpacks from the beginning too. All bombs placed at low levels that is why so many lower limb injuries. I heard 1, possible 2 decapitations.

It is difficult to get info on domestic terrorism bc of a fear in the abuse of jurisdiction and privacy issues. The govt cannot investigate the private lives of US Citizens like they can with international aliens. Bc the domestic terrorist ideals are protected, they are more likely to work within the veil of anonymity.

http://www.mintpressnews.com/fbi-profiles-anti-authority-groups-as-domestic-terrorists/
A need for temperance

“Law enforcement should be proactive to the extent that they (law enforcement officials) are aware of the group(s) and their membership and only react when a violation has occurred,” said Tod Burke, associate dean and professor of criminal justice at Radford (Vir.) University. “Therefore, the members should be treated with the same due process rights as all citizens. *However, if there is a plot that may harm others, beyond mere thoughts, then proper enforcement should be enacted (e.g., a threat to blow up a building).”
“With respect to monitoring them, that’s nothing new,” Scafidi agreed. “The government has always had some kind of awareness of fringe groups whether they are sovereign citizens, militia members, neo-Nazis, eco-terrorists, etc. But to “monitor” in the sense of having some cyber leash on them would take this to another level — one that would most likely involve getting some kind of judicial authority for doing so. And if a court is granting that authority, then you most likely have a crime that has been committed, and a crime of such significance that it will be prosecuted.”
“Profiling and monitoring individuals absent some information or suspicion that they are conspiring to commit a crime or that a they have committed a crime is an area that, post-9/11 is evolving,” Scafidi continued. “I would defer to the lawyers among us to opine on that aspect, but government monitoring of individuals based solely on their radical beliefs and/or associations is not something our Constitution embraces — and, I believe, rightly so.”

Well, you know, we're supposed to be immediately blaming foreigners, someone in OUR country couldn't POSSIBLY be at fault (*cough*Timothy McVeigh)

Nobody said that.

As a matter of fact, I haven't seen 1 post blaming foreigners.

I think we are all intelligent enough to know there are crazy evil people here and across the water.

That's why we need to wait for facts instead of pointing fingers at ANYBODY.

And this should not be turned into a gun debate.

Definition of "terrorist attack"

noun
a surprise attack involving the deliberate use of violence against civilians in the hope of attaining political or religious aims

BBM... If there are no suspects and no information as to motive, how is it already being called a terrorist attack??? Was this the media or an actual gov't official?

The intelligence community defines it as...

Q: How do you define terrorism?

A: The Intelligence Community is guided by the definition of terrorism contained in Title 22 of the US Code, Section 2656f(d):
•The term "terrorism" means premeditated, politically motivated violence perpetrated against noncombatant targets by subnational groups or clandestine agents.
•The term “international terrorism” means terrorism involving the territory or the citizens of more than one country.
•The term “terrorist group” means any group that practices, or has significant subgroups that practice, international terrorism.
https://www.cia.gov/news-information/cia-the-war-on-terrorism/terrorism-faqs.html

I believe the IC (intelligence community) knows far more about what is going on than we know and the media knows. JMO.

Man, first and foremost, thoughts and prayers out to all.

One of the dead is an 8-year-old child., Rep. Wm. Keating
Six children are reportedly at Boston Children’s Hospital; they are in good to serious, but not critical condition.
Representative Wm. Keating (Mass) has said that they have found two other unexploded devices.

Read more: http://communities.washingtontimes....ings-source-terrorist-attack-n/#ixzz2QZrpXIZ0
Follow us: @wtcommunities on Twitter

Hopefully the unexploded devices contain some good clues.

I am with those who feel this attack was not part of a larger group. It feels less organized, and smaller, if one can apply the word smaller to two already dead, and 100 injured (as I just saw the numbers up to) :(

I feel like it is home grown in the sense of small group of men, either Americans, or if foreign nationals, residents of the US.

Local Boston news is also saying that there is a suspicious package in the parking area of Mass General. I hate to put that out there, and alarm folks who have loved ones there working. :( but I that the bomb squad will take care of it, if it is Indeed another device. One of my parents' friends was on the Boston bomb squad years ago, and they are a very, very good group of men and women, the best kind of people. Everyone in Boston is in good hands with them.

Nobody said that.

As a matter of fact, I haven't seen 1 post blaming foreigners.

I think we are all intelligent enough to know there are crazy evil people here and across the water.

That's why we need to wait for facts instead of pointing fingers at ANYBODY.

And this should not be turned into a gun debate.

I agree. Should not be a debate about gun control.

It is a conversation on facts and evidence.

And 2 facts concerning the involvement of firearms are:

1) this NRA Gun rally was in Boston this week

2) family members of the most recent domestic terrorism attack involving firearms were sitting on the finish line dedicated to Bewtown where the first Bomb went off.

And sorry to say but the motive usually for terrorism is political. It's impossible to discuss the reasons behind this attack without assuming they are politically inspired.

Sending thoughts, love and lots of prayers to our American friends and neighbours

And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

sb
:canada:

I heard backpacks from the beginning too. All bombs placed at low levels that is why so many lower limb injuries. I heard 1, possible 2 decapitations.

I saw a photo of severed leg. The lower led was intact. Above the knee, it looked like hamburger.

That would be consistent with a bomb were the force was about 2-3 feet off the ground.

BOSTON: TERROR ATTACK - CBS CONFIRMS A SAUDI NATIONAL IS BEING QUESTIONED BY FBI AFTER HE RAN FROM THE BOMBS, CHASED/TACKLED BY A CIVILIAN.

https://twitter.com/911BUFF

So a dude ran from the BOMBS... (along with how many others?)
He was tackled by civilians for RUNNING?

That doesn't make any sense, at all.
I'm definitely not believing this one till I hear it from someone credible.

Someone had studied the race.

---
David Monti, editor and publisher of Race Results Weekly, said because the Boston Marathon has a staggered start, “finisher density was high” when the bombs exploded.
---
Based on last year’s finish, more than half of the runners — or about 11,000 people — would have crossed the finish line within 30 minutes of the first two explosions.
---
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/16/us/explosions-reported-at-site-of-boston-marathon.html

This is the media link I have been following:

WBUR LIVE BLOG

***WARNING-it links raw unedited footage of the explosions as well as photographs. It is HORRIFYING.***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truth Exposed