Family Needs our Help

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is just awful. My sons best friends mother, step father, aunt and uncle, were all killed a couple of months ago in a plane crash. The plane was so deeply embedded into the swamp and woods that they couldn't get them out. So the son had to wait for them to recover their bodies, which took several days. I knew his mother and she adored her son. His mother had just called him to tell him she was 5 minutes from landing and she would call him from the hotel. The next phone call he got was from LE telling him the bad news. I hope this story ends up with a better ending, but I have a feeling it may not turn out well. Never give up hope, miracles happen everyday.

This tile? I'm not sure I see what you're seeing. Where are you seeing a plane?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 63
Dear Websleuths Members,

It is wonderful to come here and see how hard you are working for the missing family.

Thank you very very much.

Tricia

I've been clicking and tagging and using my eye drops while searching off and on for the past few days. I'm hoping they've been holed up in a cabin or a cave since the crash.

Tile 25211. Very exciting. Someone posted this on another forum.
http://www.tomnod.com/nod/challenge/idsar2013/map/25211

Can someone post it without the tag? It makes it impossible to see when it is tagged and it wont let me remove the tag. Looks a lot like a plane.

IMO It should be to big. According to the scale that would be 50 feet. The plane will be about have look as big as the back slash line / which is about 1/3 of the 100 foot scale, 33 feet.

One tile up from that spot is 39790 what looks like tracks leading just into the woods with a tiny plane shape.

Family: Search ending for plane feared lost in Idaho wilderness

Posted on December 12, 2013 at 8:47 AM

SALT LAKE CITY -- Family members say search efforts have mostly ended for a small private airplane that went missing over the mountains in central Idaho with five people aboard.

more at link ............... http://www.ktvb.com/news/Family-Sea...eared-lost-in-Idaho-wilderness-235579361.html

I'm sure they want people to continue to pour over the satellite images. I think the POSSIBLE area is just so vast, physically searching is not the way to go after this length of time.

You all are doing a great job! I'm sure the family loves and appreciates every one of you for your selfless efforts.

JMHO
fran

I feel like this plane must have gotten seriously off course..... so much searching and nothing.

So sorry for this family.

If there is a bit of news on this please keep us posted . Meantime I believe in miracles and my prayers are with all of you . I just wish to God they would find them bless thier heart's .

Search planes are going up todayaccording to facebook. I believe the family is searching via private sector .

From reading the facebook page it seems they expect them be in between certain elevations and there is little chance they are outside this area.

I hope that Dale was able to crash land his plane ,and was looking for shelter close to a sight he could set down. It seems he did have a little time to prepare with knowing his plane was not going to make the first location and then asking for a strip closer to his location. Other plane owners have said Johnson air strip is tricky in good weather and then there have been questions about him being able or willing to make a right turn in his plane due to wing icing.

I am still hopeful for this family due to the size of their group and their ages that they could survive if they did attempt a landing. Sill searching tomnod.
I tag everything odd(within scale) because I believe the keepers of the logs might be able to zoom in for better views and can clear it or decided from there. Hopefully anyway.

Search planes are going up todayaccording to facebook. I believe the family is searching via private sector .

From reading the facebook page it seems they expect them be in between certain elevations and there is little chance they are outside this area.

I hope that Dale was able to crash land his plane ,and was looking for shelter close to a sight he could set down. It seems he did have a little time to prepare with knowing his plane was not going to make the first location and then asking for a strip closer to his location. Other plane owners have said Johnson air strip is tricky in good weather and then there have been questions about him being able or willing to make a right turn in his plane due to wing icing.

I am still hopeful for this family due to the size of their group and their ages that they could survive if they did attempt a landing. Sill searching tomnod.
I tag everything odd(within scale) because I believe the keepers of the logs might be able to zoom in for better views and can clear it or decided from there. Hopefully anyway.

Also hoping that the combination of a seasoned pilot and very young strong people on board, make survival a possibility.
Are they tucked into the side of a dark cliff awaiting rescue? Wish the dark side of the mountains could be illuminated with mirrors...

I know logic says that too much time has passed, but I'm still praying for a miracle.
God bless!

I know logic says that too much time has passed, but I'm still praying for a miracle.
God bless!

:please:

so am I and still tagging still looking..no doubt will until they are found not every day but as often as I can...:twocents:

I hope that this search tool will be used in other missing persons/planes ships whatevwer as well. It is addictive...and is useful :seeya:
and yes I too am hoping for a Christmas Miracle...:loveyou:

Still searching...my days and nights are all turned around. Not giving up hope of finding them. This is still a great link for updates and some new photos were downloaded this afternoon.

From the article Soulmagent posted..
bbm.

"Some people are skeptical with the amount of effort with the search, but if you don't act on the possibility of a miracle, then you can't have one. Almost everybody involved realized it was a long shot, but their effort was around exhausting every possible chance of recovery."

Most, if not all, of the Smith family and friends have now left Idaho, Bird said. He added that volunteers are still coordinating searches and private pilots are willing to do new flyovers as information develops.

The search during the past week has been aided by dozens of people who couldn't go to Idaho, so instead spent hours scouring satellite images of the area through a crowdsourcing website called Tomnod.

There are 1,672 members of a Facebook page that use current digital images of the Idaho terrain to find any signs of the plane.

Cardona said that search teams in Idaho spent their time both on the ground and joining local pilots in providing "an extra set of eyes" while searching from the air.

http://new.tomnod.com/nod/challenge/idsar2013/map/221830
This starting tile is the last known contact, and he would have only has maybe 4 minutes to find a spot to go.
NEW images!!! Just uploaded, and this is where to start...
NEW HELP FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO SEARCH!

1) Letters in the snow (SOS, etc) are highly unlikely to be 100ft big. One of the SOSs they checked out turned out to be a trail and other natural things that could be seen from google maps.
2) It is extremely difficult to pick out a plane crash in this sort of terrain. They showed a picture taken from the ground of a plane crash, and it was still not easy to see. The main indicator of the crash: bark and branches missing from a tree. We should be looking more for abnormalities like fallen trees, branches missing from trees, and other odd things rather than a full and intact plane. For one thing, the tree coverage is so dense that we probably won't be able to see the actual plane-- just the damage it's left.
3) You often can't recognize the plane because of how many things break when it crashes.
4) Search areas that are below 11,000 foot elevation (vallies, canyons, etc.) Dale never got high enough to get back on radar, which means that he MUST be in areas lower than 11,000ft.

The new images are a lot better...some are saying now to tilt your head or laptop opposite. You just have to play with it and decide what works best for you. Thank you for NOT giving up!

http://new.tomnod.com/nod/challenge/idsar2013/map/212232 Only two inches of snow have fallen since the first run of images Dec 1st. so it should still make it good to see. Also remember that the SCALE at the bottom that says 100feet? 1/3 of that would be the size of a complete intact plane. Looking for very small airplane or pieces, impact sights, broken branches, pieces of the plane in trees, scattered pieces, footprints, anything that looks out of place. If you have any tiles you want passed on please message me or post on the Tomnod Smith Plane Search page, im trying to get over here and post updates. there are others here that are on the FB page as well, im sure so you can also message one of them and we will get them looked at. Making a file is good of the tiles that you have searched and have interest. That is what they have asked us to do.

This is the new starting point...only a tile or two off from the above, still both good areas and VERY close to each other. Hoping and praying these new images give us some new hope. You are all angels! xoxoxox

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
extremevertigo
Back