Fatal Friends, Deadly Neighbors: Ann Rule's Crime Files

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not only wondering who they were but when did they come forward and claim they saw her? Also, when did they see her - it's not an alibi if they saw her at 9 pm at night and at 6 am in the morning.

How is it possible she was not caught on camera?

So, it makes me wonder if Nina was one of the witnesses or whoever they were, but there was other conflicting information? Like Nina was a witness but someone was seen on the porch so that didn't work out. Or Nina's phone was not at the hospital when she said she was at the hospital. Just hypotheticals... it could be someone besides Nina.

Why are you assuming Dina isn't on camera footage? Gore never said he looked but couldn't find her. Of course she wouldn't be on the video if he never looked for her to begin with. If he had witnesses and also cell phone triangulation, he didn't need to spend additional resources to wade through security videos at all.

The explanations of witnesses and cell phone records seems to have satisfied both Ms. Rule and the Sheriff.

JMO

My Kindle app does not show any photos except for the author at the end. What photos were included?
(Another reason I like books better)

My Kindle app does not show any photos except for the author at the end. What photos were included?
(Another reason I like books better)[/QUOTE

Pictures: of Rebecca, Rebecca & Jonah, Rebecca & Mary, Jonah, Dina, Nina, Adam, Max, Interrior and exterrior shots of Spreckels (one showing the chandelier chain where it broke), Jonah & Max, the message on the door, the balcony, the rope on the bed and at the door, the wooden table under the balcony.

Why are you assuming Dina isn't on camera footage? Gore never said he looked but couldn't find her. Of course she wouldn't be on the video if he never looked for her to begin with. If he had witnesses and also cell phone triangulation, he didn't need to spend additional resources to wade through security videos at all.

The explanations of witnesses and cell phone records seems to have satisfied both Ms. Rule and the Sheriff.

JMO

If you have decided you'll call it a suicide, then you certainly would not need to expend as many resources. This coincides with what I said not long ago.

Where does it say that Gore/LE did not look for Dina in those videotapes? I think they did look and had to settle for the cell phone pings - I don't think we've seen any proof of that though.

They had to find something to claim they had checked out Dina's alibi after all those claims of Dina and Jonah standing vigil over Max's bedside - then we find out Dina wasn't even there for many many hours on Tuesday (12-14 hours per my estimates) nor was she even there on Monday until 5 hours after Max had his accident. We already know that from the time Max was hurt until Rebecca was murdered (let's say the latest was 3 am) about 1 1/2 days, that Dina was gone from the hospital nearly half that time.

If you think DA's and LE never lie, manipulate the interpretation of evidence, or withhold some evidence then you don't know much about wrongful convictions beyond the 'eye witness' account stuff you keep citing when it fits your theory to do so, e.g., discredit the man and his wife who say they saw Dina at the mansion.

Based on what has been said, it supports my idea that there were possibly people who claimed they saw Dina at the hospital (some of that time), but their stories had problems, there was conflicting information, the sources were not credible or couldn't remember exactly, or .... Gore couldn't reconcile that enough to count it as an alibi. He never even mentioned eye witnesses did he?

And, you know how unreliable eyewitnesses are anyway.

JMO

Perhaps someone can link to the press conference video in which Gore was asked if DS was captured on video at Rady and he responded that he didn't know and deferred to someone off camera who then confirmed DS was not captured on video at Rady.

Perhaps someone can link to the press conference video in which Gore was asked if DS was captured on video at Rady and he responded that he didn't know and deferred to someone off camera who then confirmed DS was not captured on video at Rady.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/16068012/mixed-dna-all-over-zahau-death-scene-some-evidence-not-tested

"We knew where Jonah (Shacknai) was," said Sheriff Gore. "If we had come up with unknown DNA during the course of our investigation we could have taken DNA samples from Jonah."

Attorney Bremner said Jonah Shacknai is seen on hospital surveillance video on the night of Zahau's death, but Dina Shacknai is not.

Sheriff Gore confirmed as much during his news conference.

"We don't have her (Dina Shacknai) on surveillance tape," Gore confirmed. "Her position was determined thorough GPS triangulation on her cell phone, which put her in the vicinity of Rady Children's Hospital."

Thanks, time.

There's also a video in which Gore asks someone off camera to provide this information. This suggests to me it was not Gore who reviewed the videotapes. Therefore, other posts above may be arguing over a technicality in that it was not Gore himself who viewed the tapes. JMO.

IMO, Gore didn't appear to know many details about the investigation of this case, if any. I thought that he was ill-prepared at that PC, and had to look to someone else before he responded to any of the questions.

Thanks, time.

There's also a video in which Gore asks someone off camera to provide this information. This suggests to me it was not Gore who reviewed the videotapes. Therefore, other posts above may be arguing over a technicality in that it was not Gore himself who viewed the tapes. JMO.

I doubt it was Gore who viewed the tapes but I also doubt whomever did the review was looking for Dina. At the time the security video was being reviewed, I believe they were trying to rule out Jonah. Dina had no motive to murder RZ. I doubt Dina was ever viewed as a suspect until RZ's family raised the possibility.

JMO

AR mentioned a verbal altercation between RZ and DS but didn't provide details. Anyone know what that was about?

I doubt it was Gore who viewed the tapes but I also doubt whomever did the review was looking for Dina. At the time the security video was being reviewed, I believe they were trying to rule out Jonah. Dina had no motive to murder RZ. I doubt Dina was ever viewed as a suspect until RZ's family raised the possibility.

JMO

Ann Rule said there were initially 6 suspects - and you think Dina wasn't one of them? Now, you are claiming they just missed Dina on the tapes because they weren't looking for her yet they bothered to check where her cell phone pinged? Dina had the most motive of anyone!!! Please, be realistic here.

Why did AR mention that Adam offered RZ Ambien several times on the evening she was killed? She never went any where with bit of info. ( not expecting an answer).

So far, the piece of info that just doesn't sit right, makes me feel uncomfortable at a visceral level, is.....the witnesses who supposedly saw Dina at the hospital during the night of the murder. I feel like that got glossed over and it's actually very, very important. Who were they????
The info about Adam offering Ambien to RZ also feels weird. Why did she mention that?
These are things that feel uncomfortable in my body when I think about them. I pay attention to things that feel like that.

Thanks, time.

Oh, maybe that is the case, but seldom does the head honcho do that kind of work anyway. Just like they do not conduct the forensics. Gore should be aware of all the details however. I'm not sure if he was unaware or just caught off guard when asked the question and knew they tried to cover their behinds somehow on that one. So he had to ask how they did that!

Ann Rule said there were initially 6 suspects - and you think Dina wasn't one of them? Now, you are claiming they just missed Dina on the tapes because they weren't looking for her yet they bothered to check where her cell phone pinged? Dina had the most motive of anyone!!! Please, be realistic here.

There isn't anything realistic about your belief that Dina had a motive. I think it is actually bizarre to believe any parent would seek revenge before their child is even dead or the parent is aware of what happened. I've yet to see that happen in real life. Perhaps in fiction...

I will continue to hold the opinion that Dina was never a suspect and that the professional law enforcement officers from multiple agencies involved in these two cases are convinced that the only person with motive to kill Rebecca was Rebecca and that Ann Rule actually agrees with them.

JMO

Revenge and hate are the strongest motives for murder, particularly on the part of a parent whose child was fatally injured.

Why did AR mention that Adam offered RZ Ambien several times on the evening she was killed? She never went any where with bit of info. ( not expecting an answer).

So far, the piece of info that just doesn't sit right, makes me feel uncomfortable at a visceral level, is.....the witnesses who supposedly saw Dina at the hospital during the night of the murder. I feel like that got glossed over and it's actually very, very important. Who were they????
The info about Adam offering Ambien to RZ also feels weird. Why did she mention that?
These are things that feel uncomfortable in my body when I think about them. I pay attention to things that feel like that.

Ann Rule did not write that Adam offered Becky Ambien. This is a fact given by an insider.

I'd also like to know who those "numerous witnesses" were who claimed that Dina was sitting vigil at her son's bedside on Tues night through Wed morn when Rebecca was murdered.

Ann Rule did not write that Adam offered Becky Ambien. This is a fact given by an insider.

I'd also like to know who those "numerous witnesses" were who claimed that Dina was sitting vigil at her son's bedside on Tues night through Wed morn when Rebecca was murdered.

I'm wondering if Ann Rule felt obligated to put that in there because someone insisted it was true and possibly she couldn't get any confirmation from LE one way or another? Anyone know how if she got any cooperation from LE/SDSO? If not, where would that info come from? I'm also wondering if Ann's publishers were contacted a while back and warned about content related to certain people.

I assume Ambien is by prescription only ...

Where did AS get the Ambien he said he took that night?
Did he have a prescription that he brought from his Southern home?
Did he have enough pills to have been able to offer some to RZ as well?

TIA

I assume Ambien is by prescription only ...

Where did AS get the Ambien he said he took that night?
Did he have a prescription that he brought from his mid-western home?
Did he have enough pills to have been able to offer some to RZ as well?

TIA

Memphis is not the Midwest! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members