Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
*Lash* <clipped for relevance>
Why didn't LE follow up on Nina's polygraph or give Jonah and Dina a polygraph?
Hi Lash, where did you read that Nina took a polygraph?
Hi Jessica2012 - *Lash* is questioning why LE ended up NOT giving NR a polygraph. I wonder if there is a statue of limitations on giving polygraphs after a suspicious death investigation... I would imagine the results would be the same even years after the fact, although any subsequent injuries, illnesses or drug use (Ambien..) would/could most likely alter memory and perception, thus deem results inconclusive..

As previously mentioned (Page 271) this is rather huge information at least to me. Adam changes his story...

A 'confidential informant' who befriended AS after the incident in question, who allegedly told your investigator in an unrecorded statement that AS confessed to her that he was returning home when he discovered Rebecca's body, as opposed to finding her after he woke up.

As previously mentioned (Page 271) this is rather huge information at least to me. Adam changes his story...

A 'confidential informant' who befriended AS after the incident in question, who allegedly told your investigator in an unrecorded statement that AS confessed to her that he was returning home when he discovered Rebecca's body, as opposed to finding her after he woke up.

We cannot give too much weight to this confidential informant because we don't know anything about her credibility. Perhaps she's not impartial and has a grudge against Adam or Jonah or someone in that family? Perhaps she didn't hear things correctly? Perhaps Adam, in his "natural" clumsy manner, blurted the contradictory statement because he's just clumsy like that. We really don't know enough about the circumstances to draw conclusions about this.

Question: Were the same web sites that were searched on Rebecca's computer the same sites that AS viewed on his iPhone?

Good point. I'd like investigators to compare Adam's history of *advertiser censored* viewing on his Iphone and his own (home) personal computers, and Becky's computer.

Question: Were the same web sites that were searched on Rebecca's computer the same sites that AS viewed on his iPhone?

I think that could be very relevant. Also, a lot of people who view *advertiser censored* have particular interests in the type of *advertiser censored* they watch.

Hi Jessica2012 - *Lash* is questioning why LE ended up NOT giving NR a polygraph. I wonder if there is a statue of limitations on giving polygraphs after a suspicious death investigation... I would imagine the results would be the same even years after the fact, although any subsequent injuries, illnesses or drug use (Ambien..) would/could most likely alter memory and perception, thus deem results inconclusive..

I'm not sure about this but I think the polygraph is a voluntary procedure. LE cannot force Nina to take a polygraph unless (I think) it was ordered by a judge. I am sure her lawyers would have advised against it.

I'm not sure about this but I think the polygraph is a voluntary procedure. LE cannot force Nina to take a polygraph unless (I think) it was ordered by a judge. I am sure her lawyers would have advised against it.

IIRC, in Nina's audio interview, she claimed she did not have legal representation because she didn't feel a need for it. I haven't listened to the interview for a while, so if anyone remembers this differently, please feel free to correct me.

IIRC, in Nina's audio interview, she claimed she did not have legal representation because she didn't feel a need for it. I haven't listened to the interview for a while, so if anyone remembers this differently, please feel free to correct me.

I don't recall Nina saying that in the interview. Would appreciate if someone can find the specifics regarding Nina's statement about having a lawyer present. TIA

I don't recall Nina saying that in the interview. Would appreciate if someone can find the specifics regarding Nina's statement about having a lawyer present. TIA

I recall someone once transcribed a portion (perhaps half) of the interview. Does anyone have a link to that?

I recall someone once transcribed a portion (perhaps half) of the interview. Does anyone have a link to that?
According to her interview, NR said she didn't have a lawyer present while being interviewed by LE because she didn't feel she needed one.
From Nina Romano Interview with CBS8:
CROSSTALK: And uh did you have a lawyer going through all of this questioning and DNA collection and things like that?

NINA: Did I have a lawyer?

CROSSTALK: Yeah. Did you ever think about calling one or having one?

NINA: No.

CROSSTALK: Did you have one?

NINA: No. No. No, absolutely not, because I thought it never actually even occurred to me because my concern was, I want to know what's going on here. I want to know what on earth is going on? I even thought, this is scary this happened to my nephew and then – you know -- two days later to Rebecca what the hell is going on? So no, I was like what do you want me to do I will like do whatever you want to help you figure out what is going on so and I knew I didn't do anything, I didn't need a lawyer. That was my thinking, like -- I like came here, I told you right away you know I stopped by the house I had nothing to hide so maybe it was naive on my part but you know -- it didn't even occur to me.

CROSSTALK: And uh did you have a lawyer going through all of this questioning and DNA collection and things like that?

NINA: Did I have a lawyer?

CROSSTALK: Yeah. Did you ever think about calling one or having one?

NINA: No.

CROSSTALK: Did you have one?

NINA: No. No. No, absolutely not, because I thought it never actually even occurred to me because my concern was, I want to know what's going on here. I want to know what on earth is going on? I even thought, this is scary this happened to my nephew and then &#8211; you know -- two days later to Rebecca what the hell is going on? So no, I was like what do you want me to do I will like do whatever you want to help you figure out what is going on so and I knew I didn't do anything, I didn't need a lawyer. That was my thinking, like -- I like came here, I told you right away you know I stopped by the house I had nothing to hide so maybe it was naive on my part but you know -- it didn't even occur to me.

Like, you know, like, there is nothing I like more than to go on and on with run on sentences that just never stop for a breath because like, you know, I am really just here to say that I just want to say for the record that Rebecca lied and never gave any resuscitation even tho she, like, said that she did and I never touched the gate while I was looking through it while I was wearing my brand new yoga pants.

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

Possible a lawyer was consulted and was just not revealed? Or Dina hired a lawyer who also gave Nina advice. Not sure it's needed though if you ramble on incessantly, never take a polygraph, and realize in short order they will say there was no crime!

Possible a lawyer was consulted and was just not revealed? Or Dina hired a lawyer who also gave Nina advice. Not sure it's needed though if you ramble on incessantly, never take a polygraph, and realize in short order they will say there was no crime!

Nina's former brother-in-law Jonah, is a lawyer, although he is not currently licensed to practice law, he is still, none the less, a lawyer. Very possible, and probable that he gave Nina some "legal" advice.

31950465e0273b85da712b1745b46c03

Image from
http://coronado.patch.com/articles/...ebecca-zahau-coronado-spreckels-fatal-friends

Bringing this over from another thread, as it fits better here.

Originally Posted by bourne
I believe the murderers wanted a "big splatter" with Becky's dead cold hanging body for the world to gawk at on Jonah's property to humiliate not only Becky, but also Jonah. I believe the murderers wanted to get revenge not only on Becky but also to boast about the murder as an in-your-face to Jonah. That'd make the painted words on the door make sense, "SHE SAVED HIM CAN YOU SAVE HER". These words were directed at Jonah, in hateful, vengeful sarcasm.
Snipped, colorized, and BBM.

YES. I am in total agreement. Big splatter, and maximum humiliation for both Rebecca and Jonah, IMO.

As in, "she got what she deserved." "He" got what "he" deserved, too, by her gruesome, publicly displayed murder. Definitely sarcasm in the words on the door, imo.

Only one or two people I can think of that would want to strike out at, and murderously humiliate BOTH Jonah, and Rebecca.

And it isn't Jonah, HL, NN, or XZ. That eliminates 4 of the "6" people Ann Rule mentioned as suspects, imo.

Omg! Finally- a pic of the message on the door! Is that verified as the real door or a "reenactment" photo???? If it's real- look how high up its written!!!

Nina's former brother-in-law Jonah, is a lawyer, although he is not currently licensed to practice law, he is still, none the less, a lawyer. Very possible, and probable that he gave Nina some "legal" advice.
And JS has a first cousin in NY who received a law degree magna *advertiser censored* laude from Cornell. Not suggesting this cousin was consulted. Just saying there exists legal counsel within the family beyond JS without officially retaining services.

IP please correct me on this if I'm wrong. TY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member