Fatal Friends, Deadly Neighbors: Ann Rule's Crime Files

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the S could have been the first letter and the writer realized afterwards that they needed to load up the brush with more paint.
Why wouldn't they write WITHIN the panel? That's another reason I think that they were high and angry. They just blaaaa, put it out there.
I think there is possibility that they may have written with their opposite hand, but I def. think they were high and ANGRY.

Excellent points! I completely agree. Becky was a neat, organized person, and as an experienced painter who was found post-mortem with no drugs or alcohol in her system, she would have stayed within the boundaries of the panel. This indicates the person who painted the angry sarcastic words was not Becky, but the murderer of Becky.

Regarding painting within the panel, I will admit, I can't even imagine painting something in this way. It would not occur to me to write a large portion outside the panel like that. It just looks insane and out of control to me. However, I consulted a friend about this and she told me she would never notice such a thing and wouldn't think twice about bleeding text outside the main panel. While I'm not rejecting the notion this person could have been drunk and/or high and wouldn't normally write this way, I think it's also possible it's a personal style or personality trait thing. Some people color within the lines and some do not. Just my opinion.

Oh yes, we're definitely onto something about the painted words. I agree the painted words look insane and out of control. I think it was painted by the rage-a-holic we're heard so much of who "never is without a drink in her hands" according to an insider.

Oh yes, we're definitely onto something about the painted words. I agree the painted words look insane and out of control. I think it was painted by the rage-a-holic we're heard so much of who "never is without a drink in her hands" according to an insider.
Red, Red wine.........

I have the e book. No photos. I'm also not near a B & N. I haven't seen any of the photos contained in the book except the newly entered writing on the door.
Would someone be kind enough to include all of the photos one by one here?
I think a lot of us would like that and be most appreciative.
Hopefully, TIA.

I second this suggestion as I only have the Kindle version.

A friend of mine just mentioned this and it makes total sense:
If the door was closed, a left handed person would begin writing more to the middle of the panel, whereas a right handed person would begin more to the left within the panel.
Considering sufficient elbow room needed to finish up those 2 sentences over the edge of the panel on the right (which to me is completely chaotic, messy, shows absolutely no inherent regard for aesthetics, like a male who would toss his clothes on the ground), IMO a right handed person wouldn't have had enough space...

I second this suggestion as I only have the Kindle version.

I stopped at B&N to get the book. Line was horrendously long so I'm waiting. However, I think the door and one photo of Nina are the only other new photos in the book that would really be of interest? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I stopped at B&N to get the book. Line was horrendously long so I'm waiting. However, I think the door and one photo of Nina are the only other new photos in the book that would really be of interest? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I have the pics, but need help (instructions) on how to attach them.......TIA

I have the pics, but need help (instructions) on how to attach them.......TIA

When making a post, click on the paperclip above. A window pops up.

It will say "Upload File from your Computer"
Click Browse and chose a file
Then chose 'Upload"

I'd like to see the pics I hear other posters allude to: the door, Nina, Jonah, Max with Becky, etc. TIA!

Then chose 'Upload"

When I click on the paperclip, nothing happens........

When I click on the paperclip, nothing happens........

Maybe you have to enable popups or something? Sometimes it appears behind the regular browser screen too. Move the screen over or minimize it to see if it's back there.

I think the S could have been the first letter and the writer realized afterwards that they needed to load up the brush with more paint.
Why wouldn't they write WITHIN the panel? That's another reason I think that they were high and angry. They just blaaaa, put it out there.
I think there is possibility that they may have written with their opposite hand, but I def. think they were high and ANGRY.

The first "S" is so very different from the rest of the painting/writing. Not only is the line thinner with less paint, it's also very jagged and broken. The top part of the "S" has a big dip down then up at the beginning of the line. This is speculation on my part, but it almost looks like it was painted by one person holding the paintbrush with another person's hand over theirs actually guiding their writing.

It almost looks as if someone was using their hand over the hand of another person's to force them to write the letter.

The rest of the message looks as though the controlling person took over and finished painting the message on their own.

MOO

A friend of mine just mentioned this and it makes total sense:
If the door was closed, a left handed person would begin writing more to the middle of the panel, whereas a right handed person would begin more to the left within the panel.
Considering sufficient elbow room needed to finish up those 2 sentences over the edge of the panel on the right (which to me is completely chaotic, messy, shows absolutely no inherent regard for aesthetics, like a male who would toss his clothes on the ground), IMO a right handed person wouldn't have had enough space...

Thanks for your friend's info. IDK. I'm not a graphologist but I have friends who are left-handed. Whenever they write on a blank, unlined sheet of paper, their words would taper downward, meaning words on the left are higher than words on the right. It is generally the opposite for righties where we slant upwards to the right.

I don't know if the door was closed and whether there would be limitations to elbow room for the painter if it were. But I don't think this intoxicated painter cared whether s/he was neat or painting the sarcastic words in an aesthetically-pleasing manner. What I see are angry words painted and directed at Jonah, taunting him. Would Adam be trying to get back at his brother in a time when his little nephew was near death? Somehow I don't think so. Did Adam have a history of uncontrollable angry outbursts coupled with physical violence?

The only person I can see with such vengeful anger and who had shown a history of predilection for vindictiveness and violence is Dina.

Then chose 'Upload"

Maybe you have to enable popups or something? Sometimes it appears behind the regular browser screen too. Move the screen over or minimize it to see if it's back there.

Nothing there.......this driving me crazy..........

Nothing there.......this driving me crazy..........

Hey, try posting or replying and then look down below the posting box to "Manage Attachments" - click on that and see if anything happens.

Hey, try posting or replying and then look down below the posting box to "Manage Attachments" - click on that and see if anything happens.

Already tried that, nothing happens. There must be some obscure setting that is not correct.

Already tried that, nothing happens. There must be some obscure setting that is not correct.

Unfortunately I can't help here. I have the same problem with attachments. I think you may need permissions from mods or something.

Is it possible for you to upload the pics to an online photo album? Then you can just paste the urls for the separate pics here.

Also, can you start a new topic thread for the pics so we have easy access to them? TIA As it is, I can't even locate the painted door pic I and KZ had posted earlier. Grrr

The first "S" is so very different from the rest of the painting/writing. Not only is the line thinner with less paint, it's also very jagged and broken. The top part of the "S" has a big dip down then up at the beginning of the line. This is speculation on my part, but it almost looks like it was painted by one person holding the paintbrush with another person's hand over theirs actually guiding their writing.

It almost looks as if someone was using their hand over the hand of another person's to force them to write the letter.

The rest of the message looks as though the controlling person took over and finished painting the message on their own.

MOO

I've not even thought of this. You may be onto something. As I recall, Becky had paint on her fingers, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Cool wannabe