FBI Involvement

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That's sad Hawk, because I have personally seen them in action and they are extremely focused and determined, especially when it involves a child or one of their own.

The FBI is usually out of 'focus.' If you can't focus on a crime involving one of your own or a child, then you are in the wrong business. Even all those guys I bash in SCPD would not short shrift such crimes..

Do you remember the Mafia Cop case? The FEDS and NYPD had Gaspipe Casso in for an interview. It was a joint task force. The FEDS ran it Gaspipe went on and on about 'corrupt' cops. The US attorney's pants were getting wet taking down all the information. There came a time when they were closing it down. And They turned off the tape recorder. Casso, said, why are you turning off the tape recorder, don't you want to hear about the Agents? They packed up all their belongs and made a bee-line out the door. What Gaspipe told them that day was NEVER acted upon for almost 10 years, or until the Focused Ones could dig up another liar to corroborate Casso, the same guy they said couldn't be believed.

Casso would write several letters to the defense attorneys for the cops stating that everything he told the FEDS was a LIE. The ONLY cops he had on the pad were from Suffolk County.

Focus for GOOD is always good. Focus for BAD it not so good.

Say what you want about the FBI being over-rated, they could be far superior to what SCPD has achieved to date.

I do not think they would be under the same budget restraints that SCPD are.

Does anybody know one of the New York State senators? I am sure a call from a US Senator to the Director of the FBI to ask for assistance might get things moving.

Can somebody contact Senator Gillibrand's office and make this request?

Washington Office 202-224-4451

New York City Office
780 Third Avenue
Suite 2601
New York, New York 10017
Tel. (212) 688-6262
Fax (866) 824-6340

Say what you want about the FBI being over-rated, they could be far superior to what SCPD has achieved to date.

I do not think they would be under the same budget restraints that SCPD are.

Does anybody know one of the New York State senators? I am sure a call from a US Senator to the Director of the FBI to ask for assistance might get things moving.

Can somebody contact Senator Gillibrand's office and make this request?

Washington Office 202-224-4451

New York City Office
780 Third Avenue
Suite 2601
New York, New York 10017
Tel. (212) 688-6262
Fax (866) 824-6340

to be fair to the FBI in general, the last decade has seen most of the their top talent being funneled/re-assigned into anti-terrorism/counter-intell small units--be better off with a couple of retired "old school" profilers /investigators like van Zandt, Safarik, or DeLong--bet they'd be happy to contribute pro-bono---probably once the FBI heard they were being consulted, a BAU team would suddenly show up to help save face

to be fair to the FBI in general, the last decade has seen most of the their top talent being funneled/re-assigned into anti-terrorism/counter-intell small units--be better off with a couple of retired "old school" profilers /investigators like van Zandt, Safarik, or DeLong--bet they'd be happy to contribute pro-bono---probably once the FBI heard they were being consulted, a BAU team would suddenly show up to help save face

I heard that they have the anti-terrorism program relatively stabilized.

Could you contact Zandt, Safarik or Delong to see if they are interested?

Zandt......http://www.threatlink.com/about/index.asp

Safarik.......http://www.robertkressler.com/who.html

Delong......http://www.facebook.com/events/324971665001/

or try

Contact Greater Talent Network, America's Leading Celebrity Speakers Bureau.
212.645.4200 | info@greatertalent.com

Thanks
WINDSOR

The Word is the best Agents are in the terrorism units. I also hear the cops that work with them are not the happiest bunch in the lot.

The FBI has always been top heavy with national security matters, especially in NY. Back in my day and before me it is said about 65% of the agents were assigned to spy rings, cold war, and that sort of thing.

They can make a conspiracy case of two guys talking on a street corner. I think several of their so called terror cases were somewhat bogus. They get some nut job to go along with a scheme to blow something up. They put the wheels in motion and the mark goes for it.

The bottom line is they missed Bernie Madoff stealing billions over a period of 25 years. The truth of the matter is Madoff gave himsellf up after he realized the scheme was crashing down on its own weight. The FBI didn't have a clue. The 19 terrorists came to our country and took up flying lessons. Many of them were on the 'to be watched' list, and the FEDS missed it all. They also screwed up WTF 1. They had an informant right in with the terrorists and they told him to go home. They gave their informant a briefcase with a recorder in it. When the informant pushed the button on the briefcase a blinking red light went off.

Why do you think PC Kelly has his own people traveling the world looking for information?

As late as the time Louie Freeh was the Director they had antiquated computer equipment dated 20 years in the past. Do you really believe turning a Sammy Gravano, an admitted murderer of 19 people was worth the effort to get John Gotti? Once again they took the easy way out instead of doing an thorough investigation.

all one has to do is take a close look at the FBI's case against the NYPD 'cannibal cop' and you should come to the conclusion it is the FBI that is engaging in more fantasy than the nutty cop ever was.

FBI should stand for F-----G B------T Idiots.

I should be more worried the FBI for bringing a gross of bottle rockets home from Pennsylvania than the serial killer should be worried about murdering 11 people.

I heard that they have the anti-terrorism program relatively stabilized.

Could you contact Zandt, Safarik or Delong to see if they are interested?

Zandt......http://www.threatlink.com/about/index.asp

Safarik.......http://www.robertkressler.com/who.html

Delong......http://www.facebook.com/events/324971665001/

or try

Contact Greater Talent Network, America's Leading Celebrity Speakers Bureau.
212.645.4200 | info@greatertalent.com

Thanks
WINDSOR

FWIW I tried those links prepared to write a request. Those sites don't seem to provide TRUE access to these profilers.

What should we try next?

Well...why not try the godfather himself. he and his writing partner Mr, Olshaker have their new site up and running, most likely to sell books but he has several post in regards to profiling going back since September mainly before the recent mass shootings but they're there and are an interesting read if your interested. The forums are no longer there but comments can be made on their blog posts if you are registered which im not. I doubt he would want to get involved without getting paid but aside from a full profile just getting a few thoughts of his regarding this case would be awesome. this being one of the most high profile sk cases in the last few years I'm surprised he hasn't chimed in, as far as I can remember.

So the FBI, according to http://m.nydailynews.com/news/ny_cr...g_island_hooker_later_murdered_dumped_in.html, IS involved because of the online threats.

"Investigators would not say if any of the online johns are suspects in the probe of a possible serial killer…Still, law enforcement sources say the chilling online thread is the type of internet-based sex crime that attracted the FBI to the case…"

ETA: IF THE ABOVE LINK DOESN'T WORK FOR YOU TRY THIS ONE

http://m.nydailynews.com/1.116003

Why wouldn't SCPD open there arms when the FBI has offered their help and resources?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...ies-dumped-long-island-beach-article-1.120713

when i was in federal court having akeem cruz sentenced
to many years in prison for trafficking megan -

fbi - the person who is in the daily news article...who had their hands on akeem's computer
(due to a federal subpoena)
told me
that fbi offered to assist in the case...

and scpd has declined.

fbi is disappointed.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...ies-dumped-long-island-beach-article-1.120713

fbi - the person who is in the daily news article...who had their hands on akeem's computer
told me

and scpd has declined.

fbi is disappointed.

That's what I thought but the link in my last post indicates that the FBI is involved because of the online threats, unless I'm reading that wrong. Is attracted to the same as involved in? Maybe they are JUST investigating the threats and are being kept out of the rest of the investigation? Isn't the FBI required to investigate online threats?

So the FBI, according to http://m.nydailynews.com/news/ny_cr...g_island_hooker_later_murdered_dumped_in.html, IS involved because of the online threats.

"Investigators would not say if any of the online johns are suspects in the probe of a possible serial killer…Still, law enforcement sources say the chilling online thread is the type of internet-based sex crime that attracted the FBI to the case…"

if i could open this link
to see the date of it
i'm sure its BEFORE jan. 4, 2013 when i was
in court alongside the fbi.

the fbi regretted that scpd won't let them in this case..
believe me - they wish they were on the case!!

@TKAM

The article was from 2011, but it seemed to suggest that the FBI investigates online threats. I'm just wondering if they are required to. It seems as if they are not, if what you say is true. It's very frustrating to me as well. I think the FBI should be involved for many reasons.

@TKAM

The article was from 2011, but it seemed to suggest that the FBI investigates online threats. I'm just wondering if they are required to. It seems as if they are not, if what you say is true. It's very frustrating to me as well. I think the FBI should be involved for many reasons.

was only told
fbi NOT on lisk case.
courtesy of scpd

if i could open this link
to see the date of it
i'm sure its BEFORE jan. 4, 2013 when i was
in court alongside the fbi.

the fbi regretted that scpd won't let them in this case..
believe me - they wish they were on the case!!

TKAM can you verify this info? TIA

There are so many conflicting reports by msm. This article for example says...

"Police today called in the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) to help them investigate the killings"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...aterman-feared-victims-Craigslist-killer.html

I don't know what to believe. I have read and linked other articles that said SPCD declined their help in the investigation, but accepted their help in the search.

told me

(and scpd has declined.

fbi is disappointed.

No disrespect intended but, I have to ask, can you verify this? TIA

I am just reminded of the professional poster sticky by jbean (WS mod) , up at the top of this forum,which says...

"This thread is to reference posters that are posting as experts in certain areas, such as law ,psychology,LE, and we even have a resident chemist. This also applies to those that claim to be insiders to a case.

Basically if any information from a particular poster is to be given more weight based on the fact that they claim to have special knowledge in any one area, we need to confirm it for the posting membership.

We ask that posters that are posting with expertise in a specific area contact Tricia so she can confirm their credentials. This is 100% voluntary and no one is ever required to reveal their true identity unless they want to post as an expert. Please know that Tricia does not reveal ANYONE'S identity if you should choose to be confirmed by her.

We just want to make sure that if posters rely on information posted by someone with special training, that they do actually have that training.
if someone posts with "expertise", and they are not on this list, do not assume they are an expert, but rather use your own judgement about as to how much weight you would like to give it.

J/S that your insider posts about being in court and reading the victim impact stement and SPCD and FBI speaking directly to you about the case would carry much more weight (in my mind) if you were a verified insider.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734
Back