Fencesitters & Not Guilty Post Here - THREAD NO. 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is hilarious that you are now finally got the point that things in the press are suspect ..........great well done . Yes I agree with you the article in the telegraph and the radio interview are probably made up and twisted and cant be trusted - sorry for the misleading point

I am glad we finally got there on that point . I look forward to discussing with you now only facts that we can verify independently .

come on

I did say that lets wait and see what happens and things get lost in translation -

You really must have me confused with someone else. I am not, and never have been a huge fan of the press. I have always taken it all with a grain of salt. I look at the facts as printed in pictures, and real life interviews with the key players. Though I do admit I have my own humble opinion based on what I see and hear, and I thank the good Lord I live in a country where I am allowed to express that.

Key word here, suggested.

More spin...no evidence to back it up
I agree with you..

His comments were interpreted last night by the McCanns as a tacit admission that the police were wrong to name them as being involved in the disappearance of their four-year-old daughter.

Since his comments are open to interpretation I suggest it is an admission that the police may have acted to soon thus giving them the clear indication they were suspects and allowing them to flee the country, avoid LE questioning, step up their media machine, plant sighting stories, publically trash the investigation, hire phoney "FBI trained" artists and put out ridiculouse renderings etc....

I agree with you..

Since his comments are open to interpretation I suggest it is an admission that the police may have acted to soon thus giving them the clear indication they were suspects and allowing them to flee the country, avoid LE questioning, step up their media machine, plant sighting stories, publically trash the investigation, hire phoney "FBI trained" artists and put out ridiculouse renderings etc....

you are not suggesting that the PJ cocked it up are you ?

allowing the genius media manipulators mccanns to make a midnight flight and fool us all ........ ( wicked villain type laugh in background ) :)

I am sure the FBI trained artist might be a bit hurt at being callled a phoney

you are not suggesting that the PJ cocked it up are you ?

allowing the genius media manipulators mccanns to make a midnight flight and fool us all ........ ( wicked villain type laugh in background ) :)

I am sure the FBI trained artist might be a bit hurt at being callled a phoney
No, that is usually your suggestion about what is in print.

They haven't fooled everyone. Fact is they fled after repeatedly claiming they would not leave without her immediately after being named. Fact is they refused to answer questions put to them after they were named. And, fact is the "sighting" has evolved after they were named.

An FBI artist is an FBI artist, a former FBI artist is one too. An FBI trained artist could very well be the student who was taught a lesson on career day in the 4th grade by an FBI agent.

KATE QUITS AS GP TO WORK FOR KIDS' CHARITIES

http://www.people.co.uk/news/tm_hea...objectid=20322211&siteid=93463-name_page.html

"Kate feels after all she's been through she has lots to offer child organisations. She wants to help others who are going through what she has been through.

"Many people have come forward in support of her and Gerry and she will never forget that. The thought of doing something for others will give her hope.

I do find the statement that Kate is going to be working for "child safety" to be a bit ironic.

Again, if she really wants to do something for child safety, she needs to openly condemn the babywatching practice. Whether done by individuals or offered as a service, it's clearly and obviously not safe for children, if there are indeed predators watching to take advantage of it.

I'll know Kate is serious about child safety when she issues public statements condemning this practice and the opportunity it offers predators,not to mention the overall obvious "child safety issues" in leaving little ones alone.

I do find the statement that Kate is going to be working for "child safety" to be a bit ironic.

Again, if she really wants to do something for child safety, she needs to openly condemn the babywatching practice. Whether done by individuals or offered as a service, it's clearly and obviously not safe for children, if there are indeed predators watching to take advantage of it.

I'll know Kate is serious about child safety when she issues public statements condemning this practice and the opportunity it offers predators,not to mention the overall obvious "child safety issues" in leaving little ones alone.

They wouldn't have even been in this situation had they done what most people do and either taken the kids with them or used the patio area to entertain their friends.
I would NEVER have dreamed of taking my precious children away on holiday simply to bung them into some creche or leave them in some room, alone...we did most things together when they were small, hey, that was the fun part...watching them have a great time.
I get fed up of the Police being blamed for cocking up the case :mad: ...leaving toddlers alone is just asking for trouble ...well that's my opinion anyways.

They wouldn't have even been in this situation had they done what most people do and either taken the kids with them or used the patio area to entertain their friends.
I would NEVER have dreamed of taking my precious children away on holiday simply to bung them into some creche or leave them in some room, alone...we did most things together when they were small, hey, that was the fun part...watching them have a great time.
I get fed up of the Police being blamed for cocking up the case :mad: ...leaving toddlers alone is just asking for trouble ...well that's my opinion anyways.

just a question then - do you think the portugese police have handled this case well -

we all know of course if the parents had been with the kids - but they werent -

it shouldnt matter why the crime happened - only a crime happened and needs solving . The police are not there to make moral judgements - they are there to solve the crime as they find it -the moral crusade can come from others

To make an analogy as close as I can - say a prostitute / drug user gets murdered while walking the streets - we can all say that of course if she wasnt an addict and on the streets then this would never have happened - which is true - but the police dont make a judgement of what she was or why she was there - they try to catch the person who killed her to the best of her ability . she didnt deserve to be killed however at risk she put herself that is not the point .

big caveat - before everyone jumps on me this is just as close an analogy as I can get thinking quickly - I know it is not identical

I dont this case has been handled well - maybe they had an impossible job - but there were many things that went wrong - that have all been pointed out

~snip~

To make an analogy as close as I can - say a prostitute / drug user gets murdered while walking the streets - we can all say that of course if she wasnt an addict and on the streets then this would never have happened - which is true - but the police dont make a judgement of what she was or why she was there - they try to catch the person who killed her to the best of her ability . she didnt deserve to be killed however at risk she put herself that is not the point .

~snip~

Gord,

Not to "jump on you" but, jeeeze....

Madeleine did not put herself at risk, her parents did a fine job of that!

And to say "it shouldnt matter why the crime happened" (being nice now) is not at all accurate.

Instead of an analogy involving a fully grown adult, legally capable of making decisions about their own safety, I would equate this case with taking a diamond necklace out to the shopping center and leaving it on a bench and then walking away without looking back.

I believe LE would roll their eyes at the owner of the necklace when they reported the theft that might result.

Gord,

Not to "jump on you" but, jeeeze....

Madeleine did not put herself at risk, her parents did a fine job of that!

And to say "it shouldnt matter why the crime happened" (being nice now) is not at all accurate.

Instead of an analogy involving a fully grown adult, legally capable of making decisions about their own safety, I would equate this case with taking a diamond necklace out to the shopping center and leaving it on a bench and then walking away without looking back.

I believe LE would roll their eyes at the owner of the necklace when they reported the theft that might result.

ok I will try and get a better one for you

Parent driving home - with kid in back strapped in - she stops at a convenience store and - quickly runs in to get some milk - rather than get the kid out - whilst she is in - the car is stolen and the kid is kidnapped - now we all know that the woman was stupid for taking that very small risk - but it shouldnt matter a dime to the police at that time - all they should be concerned with is finding that missing child to the best of their ability - no point in wasting time rolling eyes at anyone - the child is missing try and find her . as I have said too many times before - lets get the case concluded first - lets find out what happened and the truth

They can go back and charge the McCanns for child neglect anytime .

Cant believe I am still discussing this point yet again

just a question then - do you think the portugese police have handled this case well -

we all know of course if the parents had been with the kids - but they werent -

it shouldnt matter why the crime happened - only a crime happened and needs solving . The police are not there to make moral judgements - they are there to solve the crime as they find it -the moral crusade can come from others...snip

Not directed at me...but I do have a thought. No, I don't think the Portuguese Police handled this case well in the beginning at all. The first thing they should have done was send officers out to search, (which they did) and have a couple detectives interrogate the McCanns and their friends thoroughly within the first 48 hours. They should have all been kept apart and questioned thoroughly with every discrepancy, or similarity noted and put into a sworn deposition. As we all know, the majority of crimes against children are committed by a close family member or friend...Just in the last few months, how many children have been thrown off bridges, and infants raped by their fathers...

With that said, once the the group was totally cleared, then the detectives could continue to question witnesses, while officers continued to search. To much time passed before the prime suspects were questioned. Memories fail, and if guilty, to much time allowed to concoct lies.

Not directed at me...but I do have a thought. No, I don't think the Portuguese Police handled this case well in the beginning at all. The first thing they should have done was send officers out to search, (which they did) and have a couple detectives interrogate the McCanns and their friends thoroughly within the first 48 hours. They should have all been kept apart and questioned thoroughly with every discrepancy, or similarity noted and put into a sworn deposition. As we all know, the majority of crimes against children are committed by a close family member or friend...Just in the last few months, how many children have been thrown off bridges, and infants raped by their fathers...

With that said, once the the group was totally cleared, then the detectives could continue to question witnesses, while officers continued to search. To much time passed before the prime suspects were questioned. Memories fail, and if guilty, to much time allowed to concoct lies.
iW. I think you forgot the possible kidnapper. No problem in checking out family and friends, but too much time is lost if they then wait until thats done before manning borders, securing the crime scene etc. I think it was some time before they turned up after being called that night. They did search for a while but then left. It was then left to family and friends with the help of people from Mark Warner who continued the search.

iW. I think you forgot the possible kidnapper. No problem in checking out family and friends, but too much time is lost if they then wait until thats done before manning borders, securing the crime scene etc. I think it was some time before they turned up after being called that night. They did search for a while but then left. It was then left to family and friends with the help of people from Mark Warner who continued the search.

Yea, I did forget about the kidnapper. Kind of like Jane Tanner huh? She didn't think it necessary to give details of her bundle-man until several days later. If she would have reported that immediately, they might have found him.:waitasec:

Yea, I did forget about the kidnapper. Kind of like Jane Tanner huh? She didn't think it necessary to give details of her bundle-man until several days later. If she would have reported that immediately, they might have found him.:waitasec:

Well, she did tell the police (reportedly) that night, but not Kate, as that would "worry Kate too much."

She did add details later and apparently, from all published reports, which she has not publicly refuted, changed and amended her description, adding details.

Well, she did tell the police (reportedly) that night, but not Kate, as that would "worry Kate too much."

She did add details later and apparently, from all published reports, which she has not publicly refuted, changed and amended her description, adding details.

Oh Pardon me, my mistake. I thought I read that Jane told the Police that was why she didn't tell them sooner, to spare Kate's feelings. I must have misunderstood. So Jane was questioned privately that night and told police of the man carrying what looked like a bundle/blanket/child/a child in identical Maddie pajamas/Madeleine that night? That's good to know. I have a little more faith in her now.:eek:

I agree and I'm sorry but constant references to "if they hadn't left them alone this wouldn't have happened" just isn't true.
It could have happened even if they were in the next room sleeping.
Daniel vanDam taken when her brothers were in the next room and her father was down the hall, Stepahnie Crowe murdered in her own room while her family was home asleep, Jessica Lunsford abducted while her grandparents slept not 20 feet away and many other similar cases that have been reported of stranger abductions from their own rooms and in several cases of rapes and murders by strangers while the child was asleep in the same room as other children or their mother and nobody saw or heard anything. So to say unequvically that it wouldn't have happened just isn't true.

Yes they should have been with their kids instead of leaving them alone, but even if they had done that Maddie still could have been snatched.

I agree with Rino that the PD should have focused on locating the child first and foremost. Precious time was wasted by both the parents and the PD.
I don't think the parents killed their daughter though. First IMO there was no way to dispose of her body in the time it took for the police to arrive, nobody from the group was seen leaving in a car or on foot and the room and resort area were thouroughly searched that night. It was the surrounding area outside of the resort that did not begin to be searched until the next day.

The family stayed for 4 months after the kidnapping and if they really were guilty then why not run back to England BEFORE being labeled suspects? It's not like they were being forced to stay there...
For over 2 1/2 months all of the reports that came out were how cooperative the McCanns were and how they had been interviewed by the police for hours and hours. I think when police decide to shift focus off of looking for the child and start blaming the parents is when the parents decided they'd had enough of answering questions. Then poof about 2 months later the police label them suspects because they don't have anything and can't find anything. IMO it's a way for the police to take the focus off of their inability to crack the case and shift the negative attention to the parents. That is why someone inside was leaking negative information about things they thought they found. Propaganda about it being Maddies fluid and DNA found in the boot of the car, etc when they had no abiltiy to test it.

I agree and I'm sorry but constant references to "if they hadn't left them alone this wouldn't have happened" just isn't true.
It could have happened even if they were in the next room sleeping.
Daniel vanDam taken when her brothers were in the next room and her father was down the hall, Stepahnie Crowe murdered in her own room while her family was home asleep, Jessica Lunsford abducted while her grandparents slept not 20 feet away and many other similar cases that have been reported of stranger abductions from their own rooms and in several cases of rapes and murders by strangers while the child was asleep in the same room as other children or their mother and nobody saw or heard anything. So to say unequvically that it wouldn't have happened just isn't true.

Yes they should have been with their kids instead of leaving them alone, but even if they had done that Maddie still could have been snatched.

I agree with Rino that the PD should have focused on locating the child first and foremost. Precious time was wasted by both the parents and the PD.
I don't think the parents killed their daughter though. First IMO there was no way to dispose of her body in the time it took for the police to arrive, nobody from the group was seen leaving in a car or on foot and the room and resort area were thouroughly searched that night. It was the surrounding area outside of the resort that did not begin to be searched until the next day.

The family stayed for 4 months after the kidnapping and if they really were guilty then why not run back to England BEFORE being labeled suspects? It's not like they were being forced to stay there...
For over 2 1/2 months all of the reports that came out were how cooperative the McCanns were and how they had been interviewed by the police for hours and hours. I think when police decide to shift focus off of looking for the child and start blaming the parents is when the parents decided they'd had enough of answering questions. Then poof about 2 months later the police label them suspects because they don't have anything and can't find anything. IMO it's a way for the police to take the focus off of their inability to crack the case and shift the negative attention to the parents. That is why someone inside was leaking negative information about things they thought they found. Propaganda about it being Maddies fluid and DNA found in the boot of the car, etc when they had no abiltiy to test it.

Hi Seeker,

I wanted to respond to your post because I am seeing some statements that are fundamentally inaccurate, IMO.

First, "I agree with Rino that the PD should have focused on locating the child first and foremost."

The timeline follows:

10h50 pm - First call to GNR Lagos precinct (Guarda Nacional Republicana, rural police);
The first call to Police Precinct of GNR (Portuguese Rural Police) in Lagos, reporting a missing child and asking for Police help was made at 10.50pm and a patrol was sent, arriving at Ocean Club 12/15 minutes later, according to Lieutenant-Colonel Costa Cabral, Head of Public Relations of GNR (email: cg.rep5@gnr.pt - Tel: (+351) 213 217 046).
11h00/11h05 pm - A GNR patrol arrives at Ocean Club (two men);
11h15/11h20 pm - GNR patrol calls CID in Portimão, reporting a possible kidnapping
11.30 pm "Paul Moyes, 58, from Middlewich, Cheshire, was among those who helped to look for the missing child: “At 11.30pm there was a knock on the door and there was a distressed gentleman saying that a child had been abducted and could we help with the search. Everybody got involved.” http://tinyurl.com/2sw44o
11h30/11h40 pm - A CID team leaves from Portimão to Praia da Luz
11h40/11h50 pm - The CID team arrives at Ocean Club
When the call was made to CID headquarters, in Portimão (20 miles from Praia da Luz), there was only a stand-by night shift of two CID officers. It's normal, at this time of the year (May...). Population in Algarve multiplies by ten, during summer time. So, Police (GNR, rural police; PSP, urban Police, CID and other emergency services, like paramedics, firemen, etc, etc) is reinforced only 2 weeks before the beginning of summer. The two CID officers called other colleagues that were on a "medium" stand by (at home, but ready to be called in an emergency) and a 4 men team (2 CID inspectors, 1 photographer and 1 expert in collecting digital fingerprints) was sent to Ocean Club, arriving there between 11h40 and 11h50 pm. http://tinyurl.com/2xfobd
Others say: 00.00 am/midnight, police arrive "The police arrived at around midnight and by that stage we were already out looking. There were uniformed police, plain clothes and even off duty local officers who joined in."
0.10 police start operation and call PSP, PJ, Border and Immigration Services and Faro Airport.

"First IMO there was no way to dispose of her body in the time it took for the police to arrive."

I have to disagree. I have seen numerous theories that allow for the time and means to have accomplished this. Especially if you allow for the block of time between 5:30PM (Maddie picked up from the creche) and 8:30PM (the time the McCanns arrived at the Tapas bar).

"The family stayed for 4 months after the kidnapping and if they really were guilty then why not run back to England BEFORE being labeled suspects? It's not like they were being forced to stay there..."

One reason to stay in PDL would be to keep close tabs on the Police and their investigation. Plus, the McCanns said on a number of occasions that they would not return to England without Madeleine. They would look even worse if they then returned without her. They would also look pretty suspicious if they refused to be interviewed by the PJ.

"Then poof about 2 months later the police label them suspects because they don't have anything and can't find anything. IMO it's a way for the police to take the focus off of their inability to crack the case and shift the negative attention to the parents."

What about:

1. In the Ocean Club Apartment

a) cadaver odour was detected by the English dogs behind a couch in the living room, close to a window that leads to the apartment’s back area
b) blood (a very small amount) on that window’s curtains; the curtains and the wall were washed
c) collected fingerprints belong only to the couple and their friends; there are no fingerprints from Robert Murat, the case’s first arguido
d) searches with dogs in the other apartments of the same block at the resort did not yield these results, only the McCann’s

The cadaver odour that was detected by the dogs indicates that the parents were with Madeleine after her death, and therefore must know what happened. This because, as they say, they were in the apartment until dinner time, at 8.30 p.m. It takes at least two hours for a corpse to release odours that can be detected by the dogs

2. In the Renault Scenic car (rented by the McCanns on May 27)

a) cadaver odour was detected by the dogs
b) a very reduced sample of human fluid, in the car boot. After being analysed in Birmingham, this fluid registered, according to the PJ’s director, Alipio Ribeiro, results that do not allow a 100% correspondence with Maddie’s genetic profile
c) hair that is compatible with Maddie’s genetic profile; there is doubt about whether they landed there by ‘transference’

3. In the Vista Mar villa (rented by the McCanns)

a) cadaver odour, detected by the dogs on clothes that belong to Kate, and on the pink soft toy
b) an English book, normally used by police, that focuses on the different types of crimes, as well as on what clues should be looked for to identify its perpetrators
c) a bible, on Kate’s bedside table, open at the Old Testament, at the passage that tells the death of King David’s son (God punished David with the death of his son, in order to force him away from sin and to return onto the path of good)
d) Kate’s diary, in which she writes about daily difficulties, in dealing with her children

The cadaver odor especially. The McCanns themselves acknowledged that the dogs alerted as noted. They tried to explain the dogs alerts as "used nappies, rotting meat, etc." They also acknowledged the DNA found and explained that by saying that Amelie used Maddie's sandals and they were sweaty and the sweat (or urine from the "used nappies) explained the DNA found. Kate explained the cadaver odor on cuddle cat and her jeans by saying that she had attended to 6 dead patients prior to her trip. Because the McCanns acknowledged the findings I do not think it can be referred to as propaganda.

The Portuguese Police have forensics labs in Lisbon that are very sophisticated. The tests could have been carried out there. However, because the PJ was working so closely with British LE they agreed to have the tests performed at the FSS, one of the finest labs in the world. The British have been directly involved in all aspects of the case and the subsequent investigations. The dogs were provided by the British. It appears to me that the PJ have done everything possible to avoid any kind of improprieties.

Finally, while it is true that Maddie could have been abducted even if her parents had been present, by leaving her alone, in an unlocked apartment, on the ground floor, next to a street, in a foreign country they certainly made it much easier for an "abductor", and by the way, there is absolutely no evidence of an abductor in Apartment 5A on May 3rd.

colomom said:
Hi Seeker,

I wanted to respond to your post because I am seeing some statements that are fundamentally inaccurate, IMO.

First, "I agree with Rino that the PD should have focused on locating the child first and foremost."

The timeline follows:

10h50 pm - First call to GNR Lagos precinct (Guarda Nacional Republicana, rural police);
The first call to Police Precinct of GNR (Portuguese Rural Police) in Lagos, reporting a missing child and asking for Police help was made at 10.50pm and a patrol was sent, arriving at Ocean Club 12/15 minutes later, according to Lieutenant-Colonel Costa Cabral, Head of Public Relations of GNR (email: cg.rep5@gnr.pt - Tel: (+351) 213 217 046).
11h00/11h05 pm - A GNR patrol arrives at Ocean Club (two men);
11h15/11h20 pm - GNR patrol calls CID in Portimão, reporting a possible kidnapping
11.30 pm "Paul Moyes, 58, from Middlewich, Cheshire, was among those who helped to look for the missing child: “At 11.30pm there was a knock on the door and there was a distressed gentleman saying that a child had been abducted and could we help with the search. Everybody got involved.” http://tinyurl.com/2sw44o
11h30/11h40 pm - A CID team leaves from Portimão to Praia da Luz
11h40/11h50 pm - The CID team arrives at Ocean Club
When the call was made to CID headquarters, in Portimão (20 miles from Praia da Luz), there was only a stand-by night shift of two CID officers. It's normal, at this time of the year (May...). Population in Algarve multiplies by ten, during summer time. So, Police (GNR, rural police; PSP, urban Police, CID and other emergency services, like paramedics, firemen, etc, etc) is reinforced only 2 weeks before the beginning of summer. The two CID officers called other colleagues that were on a "medium" stand by (at home, but ready to be called in an emergency) and a 4 men team (2 CID inspectors, 1 photographer and 1 expert in collecting digital fingerprints) was sent to Ocean Club, arriving there between 11h40 and 11h50 pm. http://tinyurl.com/2xfobd
Others say: 00.00 am/midnight, police arrive "The police arrived at around midnight and by that stage we were already out looking. There were uniformed police, plain clothes and even off duty local officers who joined in."
0.10 police start operation and call PSP, PJ, Border and Immigration Services and Faro Airport.

"First IMO there was no way to dispose of her body in the time it took for the police to arrive."

I have to disagree. I have seen numerous theories that allow for the time and means to have accomplished this. Especially if you allow for the block of time between 5:30PM (Maddie picked up from the creche) and 8:30PM (the time the McCanns arrived at the Tapas bar).
Hi yourself there colomom.
Now remember that all this comes from the PD there...
You know how quickly a child can vanish. It only takes about 5 minutes to be 50+ miles away...a theory isn't proof though, it's just an idea, a supposition. It's a stone cold fact that it only takes about 5 minutes to be 50+ miles away from someplace.
The apt and surrounding area was searched thouroughly...you think they would stash Maddie's body someplace that it wouldn't have been found only to dispose of it later? You really think these people are that heartless towards their children?

One reason to stay in PDL would be to keep close tabs on the Police and their investigation. Plus, the McCanns said on a number of occasions that they would not return to England without Madeleine. They would look even worse if they then returned without her. They would also look pretty suspicious if they refused to be interviewed by the PJ.
Yeah, and it's also possible that they did stay and look and be cooperative for months because they are innocent too. I think once the PD labeled them and the press started really hounding them they felt it was not safe for them or their children to stay there. I know I wouldn't have been able to tolerate it either.
IMO people who are guilty do not stick around for any length of time. They could have easily returned home right away and just hired private investigators and lawyers to search and speak for them, but they stayed for 4 months...

"Then poof about 2 months later the police label them suspects because they don't have anything and can't find anything. IMO it's a way for the police to take the focus off of their inability to crack the case and shift the negative attention to the parents."

What about:

1. In the Ocean Club Apartment

a) cadaver odour was detected by the English dogs behind a couch in the living room, close to a window that leads to the apartment’s back area
an odor that could have been there for some time before the McCanns were ever even in that room.
b) blood (a very small amount) on that window’s curtains; the curtains and the wall were washed
well so the resort says it was, however did the blood check out to be Maddies? A simple swab of her parents could prove if it belonged to her or not...
c) collected fingerprints belong only to the couple and their friends; there are no fingerprints from Robert Murat, the case’s first arguido
big deal, they never found Westerfield's or Couey's prints, or those of that nutjob who took Elizabeth Smart either.
d) searches with dogs in the other apartments of the same block at the resort did not yield these results, only the McCann’s
yes and how long after the McCanns had already left were those things found?

The cadaver odour that was detected by the dogs indicates that the parents were with Madeleine after her death, and therefore must know what happened.
In your opinion right?
This because, as they say, they were in the apartment until dinner time, at 8.30 p.m. It takes at least two hours for a corpse to release odours that can be detected by the dogs
I'm not sure where that info came from but according to this site it's usually about 2.5-3 hours. 1/2 hour can make a big differnce. Plus another site says dogs need to be able to be acclimated to the area and temps first. Doesn't say how long that is though.

2. In the Renault Scenic car (rented by the McCanns on May 27)
Yeah, weeks after their child vanished....and they were being watched every minute by the press, the PD (in case the kidnapper called or contacted them with a ransom demand) and by locals who would have noticed anything they did. Unless the scent came from the jeans or toy the either the dog was mistaken, or it came from a prior renter.

a) cadaver odour was detected by the dogs
b) a very reduced sample of human fluid, in the car boot. After being analysed in Birmingham, this fluid registered, according to the PJ’s director, Alipio Ribeiro, results that do not allow a 100% correspondence with Maddie’s genetic profile
c) hair that is compatible with Maddie’s genetic profile; there is doubt about whether they landed there by ‘transference’
Oh please! Not that! That is total propaganda. Her own little siblings hair would be compatible with her genetic profile as would her mothers. That is NOT evidence of any kind since there are too many others it could have belonged to. Human fluid in the boot, could have come from a dirty diaper...or even a little saliva from a bottle or a even a drop of sweat.

3. In the Vista Mar villa (rented by the McCanns)

a) cadaver odour, detected by the dogs on clothes that belong to Kate, and on the pink soft toy
b) an English book, normally used by police, that focuses on the different types of crimes, as well as on what clues should be looked for to identify its perpetrators
c) a bible, on Kate’s bedside table, open at the Old Testament, at the passage that tells the death of King David’s son (God punished David with the death of his son, in order to force him away from sin and to return onto the path of good)
d) Kate’s diary, in which she writes about daily difficulties, in dealing with her children
I've never seen anything that says a cadaver odor was found there. OMG you mean they can read and write! Quick lock them up!! What mother hasn't had daily difficulties in dealing with 3 small children? An open bible? Gee that's incriminating isn't it? :rolleyes: Sorry but when I open a book and leave it sometimes I'll come back and it is not on the same page I opened it to.

The cadaver odor especially. The McCanns themselves acknowledged that the dogs alerted as noted. They tried to explain the dogs alerts as "used nappies, rotting meat, etc." They also acknowledged the DNA found and explained that by saying that Amelie used Maddie's sandals and they were sweaty and the sweat (or urine from the "used nappies) explained the DNA found. Kate explained the cadaver odor on cuddle cat and her jeans by saying that she had attended to 6 dead patients prior to her trip. Because the McCanns acknowledged the findings I do not think it can be referred to as propaganda.
You don't think it would be strange for them NOT to get rid of the stuffed doll or jeans if they knew she had them when deceased? You really think these people are that stupid that they wouldn't know that cadaver dogs would be brought in? Didn't the hits in the apt come long after they had left?
It was total propaganda that the PJ stated that they found Maddie's DNA/blood/fluid in the boot of the car BEFORE it was ever even tested if I remember correctly.

The Portuguese Police have forensics labs in Lisbon that are very sophisticated. The tests could have been carried out there. However, because the PJ was working so closely with British LE they agreed to have the tests performed at the FSS, one of the finest labs in the world. The British have been directly involved in all aspects of the case and the subsequent investigations. The dogs were provided by the British. It appears to me that the PJ have done everything possible to avoid any kind of improprieties.

Finally, while it is true that Maddie could have been abducted even if her parents had been present, by leaving her alone, in an unlocked apartment, on the ground floor, next to a street, in a foreign country they certainly made it much easier for an "abductor", and by the way, there is absolutely no evidence of an abductor in Apartment 5A on May 3rd.
There was no evidence of an intruder in the case of Daniel vanDam or Jessica Lunsford either but we know for a fact that they were taken by strangers.

I don't know all there is to know about this case, but it's not hard for me to believe that the parents didn't kill and cold heartedly dispose of their beautiful daughter.

BTW your links didn't work for me...and I think you're on the wrong thread there darlin. ;) I don't think they're guilty and nobody is going to change my mind unless they find that baby's body and can prove that one of the parents killed her.

Awesome Seeker!

I want to really thank you for taking the time to respond to my post like you did. You have no idea how long I have been asking people to do exactly that!!

First, sorry about the links, I actually copied that timeline from the Proboards site and they are probably old. I hope that you would trust that I have extensive knowledge of this case and am confident in the times and have actually seen those references in the past.

There are a few things that I could rebut (like the blood being confirmed to be Maddie's) but alot of the information is unsubstantiated by the authorities. That is one of the most aggravating aspects of this case. The secrecy laws have proved to be a real headache.

I understand your point about some of the things being irrelevant on their own but it is the preponderance of these "details" that I have a hard time getting past. We have a really interesting thread called "I might believe them but...." and you will find alot of those details outlined there. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Your final sentence, "I don't think they're guilty and nobody is going to change my mind unless they find that baby's body and can prove that one of the parents killed her." is important because it indicates that no matter what I might offer in response, your mind is made up. And that's fine. We would probably just go round and round and that's no fun. So, I guess we will just have to wait and see what the future brings and I am sure you will agree, we all just want to find out what really happened to that baby girl.

Oh and one more thing....everything I post on this board or on any other is my opinion. I wish they would let us have our signatures back!!

~peace~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member