GUILTY FL – Jordan Belliveau, 2, Largo, 1 SEP 2018 #2 *mother arrested*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Funeral service held for 2-year-old Jordan Belliveau
Cameras weren't allowed inside, but people could be seen carrying in dozens of balloons, and there was even a character appearance from Jordan's favorite TV show, "Paw Patrol."

State representative Chris Latvala also feels that Jordan's story highlights a serious break in the system, and believes "Jordan's Law" would help change that.

The law would create a 10 case maximum for caseworkers dealing with child welfare.
Case managers can often handle dozens of cases at a time.

This is why I defend social workers with all of my heart and soul! See what happened here? They DID report the neglect and the abuse. They DID mention several times of him living in a dangerous environment with gang members, drugs, guns (a gun shot occurred in their apartment and no one backed up the social worker to get him out of that environment once and for all?)

Can you imagine how his caseworkers are feeling right now, reporting all of this, with clear descriptions spelled out as to why this child needed to be removed- hell, they did get him removed, only to return him that Friday and he was killed the next day!

Social workers are at the bottom of the totem pole- they've seen and hear everything, and many times, they are overruled and their recommendations ignored, and for what?

I’m going to reserve judgement. Too many cases of altered documents and questionable reports and hearings. Social workers are generally well meaning. Our system depends far to much on quotas numbers and bottom line. Human behavior just doesn’t quantify that way. The system as a whole fails to many children. Some we never see until far to late.

I'm so sad reading about little Jordan's funeral. I am so sad for his foster parents having to watch the way the bio family has made this all about them when they barely knew him.

Also it breaks my heart to read he loved paw patrol, my little guy loves paw patrol and had a paw patrol 3rd birthday party, Jordan won't ever have a 3rd birthday:mad::(

Funeral service held for 2-year-old Jordan Belliveau
Cameras weren't allowed inside, but people could be seen carrying in dozens of balloons, and there was even a character appearance from Jordan's favorite TV show, "Paw Patrol."

State representative Chris Latvala also feels that Jordan's story highlights a serious break in the system, and believes "Jordan's Law" would help change that.

The law would create a 10 case maximum for caseworkers dealing with child welfare.
Case managers can often handle dozens of cases at a time.
Bolded It would be wonderful, but is that realistic? I wonder.

I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere, and I bet it would be if they attended. I suspect they would opt for a private service. I think that's what I would have done in this situation.
Yes, you're probably right...it would have been mentioned somewhere if they'd attended and may have opted for a private service. I'm not sure what I'd have done if in this situation to be honest. It's all just very sad!!

I’m going to reserve judgement. Too many cases of altered documents and questionable reports and hearings. Social workers are generally well meaning. Our system depends far to much on quotas numbers and bottom line. Human behavior just doesn’t quantify that way. The system as a whole fails to many children. Some we never see until far to late.

This episode of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit was on one day last week during a weekly marathon of the show. I've seen the episode several times and recommend it to those following this case. While fictional, "Careless" focuses on the systemic failures of child protective services.

"Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" Careless (TV Episode 2004) - IMDb
After a young boy dies during a church vigil, Tutuola and Munch investigate the boy's foster parents and social worker for neglect.

I don't know why people need a degree in Social Work to be able to spot when a child is in danger from its own family. Seems that they could train other professionals to do the job, i.e., teachers, cops, fireman, lawyers, nurses, doctors and likely many others.

I don't know why people need a degree in Social Work to be able to spot when a child is in danger from its own family. Seems that they could train other professionals to do the job, i.e., teachers, cops, fireman, lawyers, nurses, doctors and likely many others.

Not sure about all the above-mentioned professions, but aren't educators and medical personnel considered "mandatory reporters" if they suspect child abuse?

Mandatory Reporting Laws: Child Abuse and Neglect

BetteDavisEyes, yes some are mandatory reporters, but I am talking about people to do the follow up and make the home visits, inspect the premises, talk to the child, the schools, the child's doctor, the neighbors, keep track of court ordered substance abuse programs, parenting programs, etc.

A degree in social work isn't necessary to keep eyes on the child and its circumstances.

Guardian ad Litem program getting more calls for volunteers after toddler's death
"The judge generally does look at the magistrate or the DCF attorney on what you would like to do," said Murman, who is also the chairperson of the commission.

It's why for years, Murman has advocated for Attorney ad Litem. A push to pay more lawyers to represent kids. Right now, lawyers are paid in custody cases.

"That has to be funded by the state legislature," said Murman.

She plans on renewing the effort after Jordan's death, but hopes in the meantime, people like Malone, will put frustrations aside, and volunteer.

Right now, 30% of kids don't have a guardian.

Jordan Belliveau's family to start collecting items left at memorial
Jordan's family is expected to start collecting items from the memorial left to remember and honor the toddler's life. Over the last few weeks, family, friends, and even complete strangers have been dropping off flowers and toys at his memorial -- many still trying to come to terms with his tragic death.

Jordan spent more than a year with a foster family and many believe he should have never been given back to his biological mother. Documents revealed that in his short life, Jordan was exposed to gangs, guns, and drugs.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova
Back