FL- 12 Story Condo Partial Building Collapse, many still unaccounted for, Miami, 24 June 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There should be an press update in a few minutes but haven't found a link yet. This is a different group than the group who investigated 911, I think. (Nope, same group)

Team of national scientists to visit Surfside collapse site

NIST will decide whether to do a full investigation to determine cause

NIST has conducted four investigations “using the NCST Act authorities,” which include:

Team of national scientists to visit Surfside collapse site

Last edited:
live update/presser starting shortly (guessing at 11:30 ET?) WATCH LIVE: Officials give update on Surfside condo collapse

Watching now... on screen guy says starting in 5-10 minutes at the OP link. It is LIVE now. They are getting their cameras ready with white paper and stand in to get good shots under the tent with high brightness behind them.

ETA: Mayor is on her way, her ETA is 4 minutes (11:33 am now eastern)

ETA: 11:36... all are there, (including Governor DeSanti) about to begin NOW

Debbie Wasserman Shultz is first speaker

Last edited:
I apologize in advance for the nature of this question. But I’m wondering why finding the victims has not become easier based on the odor of decomposition. How long does it typically take a body to give off decomposition gases?
Probably a day or two in Florida heat. I think this may be mitigated by the fire and all the water that has been dumped on the rubble pile from the rain and the fire trucks.

I apologize in advance for the nature of this question. But I’m wondering why finding the victims has not become easier based on the odor of decomposition. How long does it typically take a body to give off decomposition gases?

Just a MOO as to why not finding more victims.

MOO...Access to such? They have to go layer by layer (as we have seen from the locations of those identified were on top floors of one building IIR) We have 10-11 stories of one building pancaked, then another 10-11 stories of the second building on top of that pancaked.

They have to go through the top layers to get further down, and that is why they did the trench to even get to what they have gotten to. MOO

ETA: Again as I posted upthread, IIRC only 11-15 were found alive after 9/11. And most all were in a void and were LE/firefighters who could tell others their location.

Being on a lower floor after pancaking of millions of pounds of rebar/concrete... miracles needed.

ETA #2: "Delayering" is how they are finding folks per presser right now.

Last edited:
** links pre-approved by mods/admin - do NOT take this as free rein to post non-MSM from YouTube**
There's been some very good engineering info shared on this thread but it's challenging for us laypeople to parse through. In reading last night, I found a Youtube link to a source that was quite informative. I normally wouldn't ask to post any YT sources, but in this case, I requested and received the ok to post. The source is president of a Southwest Florida firm that specializes in engineering consulting for condo associations (and HOAs/individuals). His analyses of the existing specs and reports that have been made public were helpful to me in trying to understand what various engineering info means. Please note that he does not have or claim to have personal knowledge of the structure - his opinions are based on the same publicly available reports and documents that we sleuthers have shared here. Still, it's helpful to some of us to have some of the technobabble broken down into plainer language.

It seems he's posting while on vacation this week; I haven't seen him quoted in MSM yet.
video:

and
To help members judge the video's source, here's his licensing info in FL (licensed since 2008): Date From
and company web page also confirming identity: Staff – Consult Engineering
** again, links pre-approved by mods/admin - do NOT take this as free rein to post non-MSM from YouTube**

Thank you for getting approval for these videos. I watched this channel over the weekend and found it very informative.

I don't know if anyone just saw the Blitzer interview with a guy who claims he just happened to find a birthday card and photos of his missing grandma on the street nearby the collapse, but I am HIGHLY skeptical of the truth of his story. He was quite fortunate to get his mug on TV, and talked little about his grandma, but spent several minutes preaching about how it was a message from his creator. The card and photos looked in pristine condition. Shame . JMO

I believe it was a police chief talking about his mom? He was allowed on site early on. I doubt a police chief would lie. Who knows.

I want to rewind 30 seconds prior to the surveillance camera release. I think that the first one we saw had a few more seconds than what is the most widely shared one now... but I want even more now prior due to the phone calls we have heard, and the other ladies testimonial that she had time to grab id and keys etc AFTER she saw the deck cave in and made it safely out. She could not have done that in 10 seconds MOO.
SBM, BBM. That wasn't the same woman. The one that supposedly saw the deck cave in didn't make it out. She lived on the 4th floor (apt # unknown). The woman who managed to escape lived in apt #611. She didn't mention the deck, only a crack in her wall and being unable to close her balcony door.

In my job we follow all of the 911 first responders from our area. They receive annual physicals, blood draws, and chest x-rays.

These “Ground Zero” first responders have been the subject of much research.

Much was learned about safe rescue practices from the 911 first responders, and new rescue protocols have been implemented for building collapse rescue situations.
So glad to hear that.

SBM, BBM. That wasn't the same woman. The one that supposedly saw the deck cave in didn't make it out. She lived on the 4th floor (apt # unknown). The woman who managed to escape lived in apt #611. She didn't mention the deck, only a crack in her wall and being unable to close her balcony door.

Thank you for catching my error! You are absolutely correct. I will see if within 60 minutes to do an ETA on my post.

ETA: It's after 60 minutes and I cannot do an ETA.

Sorry for my error.

There are several KEY KEY KEY pieces of MSM. Is there an MSM compliation of the 5 or so that are key, or an MSM ONLY discussion thread as I cannot find and so key for long term threads...

Can someone link the MSM thread please?

eta: I still cannot find the MSM thread. If one doesn't exist, can one be made?.............back to looking for such and I know there must be one.......grrrr, I'm a bad sleuther.

I keep thinking of the search and rescue workers and others involved in the massive cleanup of the 911 disaster and how many got cancer even years later. My prayers and gratitude go out to everyone searching through this rubble for signs of life.
This is a very real concern. I had friends in NYC whose fathers were involved in the 9/11 World Trade Center recovery efforts who later died of cancers years later specifically caused by all that time spent at Ground Zero. This sounds like there could be similar issues with the various toxic gases and fumes, propane, gasoline from cars in the parking garage wreckage, asbestos, all of it. Those recovery workers ended up with throat cancers and men with breast cancer and respiratory disorders and all kind of health related issues. I would hope with so much learned from 9/11 that better precautions are taken with this long term recovery effort. (Obviously if there is a chance of finding life they should work as quickly as possible.)

Florida condo searchers face 9/11-like health risks, ex-FDNY commissioner says

Collapsed Florida condo searchers face 9/11-style risks: ex-FDNY commish

Texas A&M asked handlers of 9/11 search dogs to allow them to perform the necropsy on their search dogs. They were doing a study of the ground zero search dogs after death. They had a separate "breeding" program for study that came under fire, not related to this study at all. I'm not sure if any study results of the 9/11 dogs were ever published to the public.

The last surviving SAR dog from 9/11 died in 2017. I get chocked up every.single.time I see pics of sweet & incredibly brave Bretagne. She also worked Hurricane Katrina. IMO

I found an update about the health study of the 911 search and rescue K-9s.

Tracking the working dogs of 9/11 | Penn Today

Overall, they didn't find much difference between the 911 and a control group (other S&R K-9s), however the 911 dogs did have more particulate matter in the lungs.

I was surprised that the cancer (neoplasia) rates were not higher in the 911 group, but the incidence of cancer in dogs is astonishingly high (IMO); 1 in 4 dogs suffer from cancer, rising to 1 in 2 after age 10.

Cancer in Pets

I don't believe it was a bomb. Nothing to do with Argentina - I included the quoted post for the first 2 paragraph statements by local authorities.

I think electricity or some sort of combustion played a role. Controlled demolitions do not blow out windows of neighboring buildings. Although some of the lights seen prior to the collapse may have been lights on in some apts, and some may have been transformers blowing or live wires, I don't believe all of them were. No building is going to collapse due to degradation over time and leave that kind of (relatively) clean break. I will try to upload the building's blueprints. The building was sheared clean off from N-S along the hallway/stair, and elevator line between apartments without variation and without random chunks breaking off. All the apts on the eastern wall remain in tact. All the apts west of the North-South hallway are gone. The entire SW section of the building is untouched.

On the ground floor, the room adjacent to where the building sheared off was the transformer vault, and this appears to be where the large white flashes originated behind the building in the video, and reflected off the elevator control room on the roof. Maybe some kind of major electrical event in the transformer room occurred. or maybe someone wanted that part of the building gone so they could rebuild without paying for repairs to the existing structure. It would be very interesting to know what kinds of repairs were needed (if any) to the remaining (ETA existing) section of building.

The building would not disintegrate and turn to dust unless there was major seismic activity - sinkhole, earthquake, explosions, or severe fire damage to all building supports. I can't imagine they built a building with only one primary support.

Screen shot at 9:32.20 AM is the floor plan. The building was sheared off exactly at the D point from north to south (ETA - this is the east wall of the hallway).
Screen shot at 9:32.33 AM is the ground level blueprint with the transformer vault, electrical room (with electrical ground) and trash room running in a line abutting the D point (east wall of hallway) from the floor plan blueprint from North-South. Maybe something started a fire in the trash room and triggered the electrical room and the transformer vault exploded multiple times. That would explain those flashes on the video and the noise survivors describe.

if this had been caused by a bomb or any sort of explosive device, all the windows in the neighboring buildings would have been blown out. In Oklahoma City, all the glass was gone in every building around the site.

The lights you are seeing are just lights in apartments. When you begin to see flashes, it’s a combination of those apartment lights being obscured by dust and then unobscured... And electrical arcs from live wiring being forcefully snapped in half.

Can you explain your theory on what Argentina has to do with this? I’m confused about your last two paragraphs. Is the implication that this was some sort of Argentinian bombing?

I’m genuinely surprised anyone is considering this was caused by an explosion. All of the evidence is pointing to the structural failure caused by failing support beams in the parking garage.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 9.32.20 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 9.32.20 AM.png
    437 KB · Views: 16
  • Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 9.32.33 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 9.32.33 AM.png
    401.8 KB · Views: 12
I found an update about the health study of the 911 search and rescue K-9s.

Tracking the working dogs of 9/11 | Penn Today

Overall, they didn't find much difference between the 911 and a control group (other S&R K-9s), however the 911 dogs did have more particulate matter in the lungs.

I was surprised that the cancer (neoplasia) rates were not higher in the 911 group, but the incidence of cancer in dogs is astonishingly high (IMO); 1 in 4 dogs suffer from cancer, rising to 1 in 2 after age 10.

Cancer in Pets

Thank you so much for this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members