FL - 17 killed in Stoneman Douglas H.S. shooting, Parkland, 14 Feb 2018 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As CARIIS posted it is very important to find out about the shooter's childhood. Why weren't the shooter's social media posts taken seriously?
If you can find information on this guy's upbringing including his parents please post. You must post in a respectful manner.

The post that was from the girl that was in ROTC with very telling and informative

I felt sad listening

His posts were truly scary

Well there was the Bath, Michigan massacre in 1927. But that's not actually a shooting... so I suppose it can depend on how one defines things... Like Wikipedia's list of "school shootings" includes anytime a firearm was discharged on a school infrastructure, campus, and in at least one instance, school bus.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shootings_in_the_United_States

In any case I don't know or understand what kind of mental gymnastics must occur to convince oneself this topic is overblown or not actually relevant to reality nor that a huge factor is to be ignored.... repeatedly and deliberately.

I think the Bell Tower Shooting in Tx in the 60s kinda stands as a marker, but it's been happening since we've had schools. Husbands going to school to shoot wives (teachers), a student accidentally shooting another student in the 90s led to one school immediately implement wanding, and metal detectors, only to have the same thing happen 20 years later, which caused them to tighten up the wanding. Can't be everywhere. Buses, bus pick up and drop off, parking lots. Hate to be negative but it seems we have a tremendous problem on our hands.

I'd like the letter!!!

I will PM to you tomorrow! I have it on my work computer. Believe it or not, I was looking up case studies earlier today to send to schools in the next county over. So I have a bunch of info handy.

[FONT=&amp]His adopted mother died just last year.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]A student who told ABC News that he participated in Junior ROTC with Cruz described him as a “psycho.” SNIP was a well-known weapons enthusiast, the student said, who once tried to sell knives to a classmate and was even prohibited from bringing a backpack to school because bullet fragments had once been discovered in his bag.
http://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/florida-school-shooting-suspect/story?id=53092753[/FONT]

I think the Bell Tower Shooting in Tx in the 60s kinda stands as a marker, but it's been happening since we've had schools. Husbands going to school to shoot wives (teachers), a student accidentally shooting another student in the 90s led to one school immediately implement wanding, and metal detectors, only to have the same thing happen 20 years later, which caused them to tighten up the wanding. Can't be everywhere. Buses, bus pick up and drop off, parking lots. Hate to be negative but it seems we have a tremendous problem on our hands.

The instances you mention (but for the tower shooter) aren’t mass shootings, tbih.

What's the backpack idea?

Oh wow. So much to unpack with that. So he may have had an unknown history and background. And his parents ar dead? So no one to help him.

Good post. Safety is important and there are many things that can be done, but we have to pay for it.

Sadly, with every one of these horrific attacks we learn more about how to try to prevent further incidences.

17 families destroyed.

Who? The parents?

Is building safety or trends in school shootings in general off limits? Or how this guy accessed weaponry? I don't want to break the rules but it's a slippery slope and can be confusing!!! I think we just aren't allowed to talk about the overall political debate about certain weapons which just goes in circles?

It was confusing to me until I saw a pic and it was like oh gosh that was right where he was arrested

so I would think there is some relation to why he went there -- and apparently he called his father (not sure if adaptive ) and said he thinks he might have done something wrong imo that was significant

It is also confusing how he got into ROTC - I know nothing about it but there has to be qualifiers and I would think his behavior issues were not sudden OR does this mean drastic decline very quickly?

He sure did have a lot of stressors just by learning about his parents and being adapted etc etc

and after each of these are sure would like to know how long the therapists are on site ??

The childs history imo is a huge part of understanding why today happened

it is part of the story

they wrote a letter MSNBC shared their sorrow and asked for some space to cope themselves

Snipped by me

who wrote the letter, CARIIS? I have not seen anything about this yet

It was confusing to me until I saw a pic and it was like oh gosh that was right where he was arrested

so I would think there is some relation to why he went there -- and apparently he called his father (not sure if adaptive ) and said he thinks he might have done something wrong imo that was significant

It is also confusing how he got into ROTC - I know nothing about it but there has to be qualifiers and I would think his behavior issues were not sudden OR does this mean drastic decline very quickly?

He sure did have a lot of stressors just by learning about his parents and being adapted etc etc

and after each of these are sure would like to know how long the therapists are on site ??

He was adopted as an infant and his adoptive father died a couple years ago.

The media has covered suicides in the last 40 years. Perhaps not intentionally. But about a couple decades ago they began a policy of zooming out so they wouldn't broadcast anything gruesome.

rsbm

Correct. Media doesn’t intentionally broadcast “live” suicide. Thank you, gitana1.

Breaking news right now on CNN. Update on school shooting.

If there’s a person dedicated to causing mass harm, there’s not much anyone can do to stop it, said the sheriff during the presser.

The most they can do is minimize harm and death.

Haven’t the adopted parents passed? Respectfully, I don’t consider a $250k home “affluenza”.

You’re quick to ask why we haven’t heard about his placement. But it’s been literally only hours since he’s been identified. It will come out. Students and teachers are speaking on tv.

I agree 200 does not indicate such!

I thought it said 575??

just rub in my vision --thax a lot !!!

I was born in S FL the area is really neat and affluent so that made sense to me .

Coral Springs does have a big split like a bad area but also really neat areas

And then there was a post something in the arena of 800K that was connected ??

Rachel 12 IDed

https://www.local10.com/news/parkla...ays-about-accused-parkland-high-school-gunman

— described as a "strange kid" who liked to kill small animals.
— An instagram account linked to Nikolas Cruz shows the 19-year-old posing with guns and knives. In most of the photos, his face is covered with a bandana and Army hats.
— Another photo is of a gun-range target with the caption, "Group therapy: Sometimes it works."

— School officials said 19-year-old Nikolas Cruz had been expelled from Marjory Stoneman Douglas for disciplinary reasons. Before high school, he had attended Cross Creek School in Pompano Beach, a school designed for emotionally behaviorally disturbed students.

The girl said Cruz made outlandish statements at school and that he wasn't allowed to carry a backpack because he once brought a weapon to school.

"Ever since that day he would bring a plastic bag and we would always see him with the plastic bag instead," she said. "That threw me off, and I was always concerned about that. I even told my parents last year almost every week that I was scared. Like, this kid might do something.”

Philip Mudd is speaking again on CNN right now. He’s the one who broke down earlier and had to cut short his segment, which was mentioned and linked to upthread

wondering if Valentine day and rejection are gonna play into this ??

Excellent question, CARIIS! The date does seem like it would have some relevance, imo.

Are there fire alarms outside schools or buildings? Honestly, I’ve never noticed. Seems I read that the perp was seen inside and outside the schoo more than once today. That is a major concern if true.

That is what I heard also in and out almost sounds like cops may have shown up and missed him or something

cause they sure knew his SM like really fast and the police were contacted about him earlier in the day directly (like he was named by the student)

But he was shooting for an hour -- that is somewhat concerning

Lady on MSNBC is talking about paying for funerals --- its an affluent area fund some treatment stuff jeeezzzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joybird99