FL - 17 killed in Stoneman Douglas H.S. shooting, Parkland, 14 Feb 2018 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Parkland high school gunman described as 'strange kid' who killed small animals

Before high school, he had attended Cross Creek School in Pompano Beach, a school designed for emotionally behaviorally disturbed students.

Unfortunately that is usually how mass murderers start out - with animals then work their way up to people.

I fully agree with CARIIS about the backpacks 100%; there is no need for those, that is what lockers are for:

Schools and lockers no longer right combination for students

Even I never had a backpack in school, none of the students I went to high school with had backpacks either and this was in 1981 to 1985. And I attended a private high school that was rigorous in academics.

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/na...-lockers-no-longer-right-combination-students

As tragic as this incident is, there is no one factor but rather combination of factors, much of which has to do with the breakdown of societal standards, the family unit, lack of motivation to learn and achieve, next to no interest in academics, probably more that I cannot think off the top of my head at the moment.

My condolences to the victims and their families.

That is what I heard also in and out almost sounds like cops may have shown up and missed him or something

cause they sure knew his SM like really fast and the police were contacted about him earlier in the day directly (like he was named by the student)

But he was shooting for an hour -- that is somewhat concerning

Lady on MSNBC is talking about paying for funerals --- its an affluent area fund some treatment stuff jeeezzzzz

I’m pretty sure this is incorrect. Earlier today the sheriff said on CNN that he was shooting for about 7-10 minutes and police had the place surrounded within 20 minutes. I was watching it live within an hour of when it started while they were still evacuating students and the shooting had ended long before an hour. Now he may have lingered on the property for an hour, but definitely wasn’t shooting that long. Far more people would be deceased.

CNN is refusing to say the suspect’s name or show his picture, per CNN policy, Anderson Cooper just said. (Live TV, so no story link is available.)

[FONT=&quot]JUST IN: Attorney General says state of Florida will pay for the funeral expenses of all school shooting victims - WSVN[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]His adopted mother died just last year.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]A student who told ABC News that he participated in Junior ROTC with Cruz described him as a “psycho.” SNIP was a well-known weapons enthusiast, the student said, who once tried to sell knives to a classmate and was even prohibited from bringing a backpack to school because bullet fragments had once been discovered in his bag.
http://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/florida-school-shooting-suspect/story?id=53092753[/FONT]

His step-father is deceased as well.

Churches are not safe spaces, Night clubs and country concerts are not safe spaces, movie theaters and shopping malls are not safe spaces. There are no safe spaces in this country anymore, there are no safe communities.

True to a certain extent.

Here is an article that might be of interest

Shootings Intensify Interest in Home Schooling

By MINDY SINKAUG. 11, 1999

http://www.nytimes.com/1999/08/11/us/shootings-intensify-interest-in-home-schooling.html

https://www.local10.com/news/parkla...ays-about-accused-parkland-high-school-gunman

— described as a "strange kid" who liked to kill small animals.
— An instagram account linked to Nikolas Cruz shows the 19-year-old posing with guns and knives. In most of the photos, his face is covered with a bandana and Army hats.
— Another photo is of a gun-range target with the caption, "Group therapy: Sometimes it works."

— School officials said 19-year-old Nikolas Cruz had been expelled from Marjory Stoneman Douglas for disciplinary reasons. Before high school, he had attended Cross Creek School in Pompano Beach, a school designed for emotionally behaviorally disturbed students.

The girl said Cruz made outlandish statements at school and that he wasn't allowed to carry a backpack because he once brought a weapon to school.

"Ever since that day he would bring a plastic bag and we would always see him with the plastic bag instead," she said. "That threw me off, and I was always concerned about that. I even told my parents last year almost every week that I was scared. Like, this kid might do something.”

ty a note on the page of this school

[h=3]
Important Message
[/h]

• From Superintendent Robert W. Runcie – Today’s Tragedy at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School

This evening, our District is dealing with an unimaginable tragedy at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland. There are no words to express the sorrow that we are all feeling. Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families, as well as the entire Marjory Stoneman Douglas community.

As our District continues to work with law enforcement – we are focusing on providing our students, families and employees with the support and resources needed to cope with this devastating situation. We have grief counselors and crisis teams ready to assist, and we will be providing details to all of our families and staff as we move forward. Dealing with this tragedy is going to take time – and we will be here for every student, every family and every staff member.

Our hearts are broken. Please keep everyone in your thoughts and prayers.

Robert W. Runcie
    Superintendent of Schools

[FONT=&quot]cognitive, social, physical and emotional

much of his/her current behavior is related to the inability to obtain positive self-esteem and satisfaction of individual needs.

goal of the program is to improve the students’ emotional and social functioning so that they may lead healthy and productive lives

spheres.

behavior management systems,

taught appropriate behaviors

(autistic stuff ??)

herapeutic goals

Cross Creek offers psychiatric and therapeutic services on campus.

https://www.browardschools1.com/domain/4259

[/FONT]
https://www.browardschools1.com/crosscreek

ah ha Rachel he was 3/4 mile from school when found did he have a car ??

so the area he was found may have nothing to do with anything

[FONT=&quot]highly structured behavioral

[/FONT]

I agree 200 does not indicate such!

I thought it said 575??

just rub in my vision --thax a lot !!!

I was born in S FL the area is really neat and affluent so that made sense to me .

Coral Springs does have a big split like a bad area but also really neat areas

And then there was a post something in the arena of 800K that was connected ??

Rachel 12 IDed

It said $278, you even quoted it yourself in your own post. Gently, this is an example of us all having to analyze before we rush to post. Hugs.

You can understand why the Turpin's home schooled, public schools are not safe spaces.
Oh yeah that home was so much safer for those children! My stars what an apt point.

Ugh.

CNN reporting the suspect was receiving mental health treatment at a local clinic, but hadn’t been in at least a year, according to Broward County Mayor Furr right now.

[FONT="]JUST IN: Florida school shooter is being cooperative & talking to investigators, says he pulled fire alarm in hopes of gaining a higher victim count - CNN[/FONT]

He is following in the footsteps of The Columbine attack.

ah ha Rachel he was 3/4 mile from school when found did he have a car ??

so the area he was found may have nothing to do with anything

[FONT=&quot]highly structured behavioral

[/FONT]

I am not trying to be rude, but I am having a very hard time following what you are posting. Who is Rachel? Where is this information coming from about behaviors, etc?

In the hours after the shooting, people who knew Mr. Cruz described him as a “troubled kid” who enjoyed showing off his firearms and whose mother would resort to calling the police to have them come to their home to try to talk some sense into him.

Jim Gard, a math teacher at Douglas High School, said in an interview that Mr. Cruz was a student in his class during the first semester of the 2016-17 school year. In the class, he was quiet and not disruptive, Mr. Gard said.

After Mr. Cruz left Douglas High School, he took a job at a Dollar Tree store about a mile and a half from the school. A person who answered the phone at the store on Wednesday evening said that Mr. Cruz worked as a cashier and was well liked by his colleagues.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/14/us/nikolas-cruz-florida-shooting.html

CNN is refusing to say the suspect’s name or show his picture, per CNN policy, Anderson Cooper just said. (Live TV, so no story link is available.)

He has been doing that a while .

I dont really care for it

Really Anderson you think this guy is wanting to be a super star -- he is acutely mentally ill

trust me we have to be talking about a very ill guy if he is calling his father and thinking he "might" have done something "bad", (the word itself for a 19 year old is loaded with info) after murdering 17 and hitting 14 with bullets - the statement is super explanatory imo

made as a result of vocation but I hate that pure evil stuff -- a few very few IMO

he is sick

I know I know I am gonna get do people with cancer kill people - no - however it is an illness no different than cancer and IMO until America tries to understand it maybe they will be able to identify it quicker, ( he had exposure to help but acuity is acuity.

its not a choice

people don't chose to be mentally ill

and then we are back to money ...

it is a lot like asking someone who lost their leg to run fast

moo

Excellent question, CARIIS! The date does seem like it would have some relevance, imo.

Yes good point, the date you refer to of course is St Valentines day.

Could be coincidence of course, but the "St Valentines Day Massacre" is a popular meme for
want of a better word. I wonder if this day was chosen becasue of that?

he was in their shooting for over an hour MSNBC

I respectfully disagree!!

Someone with issues are not seeking tv coverage ( like this child) some are of course

it is just like the notion about more police at schools metal detectors are not going to stop someone who has been fantasizing about killing peers for a long time

who lack impulse control

have been bullied

I just like the backpack idea cause it would be easier to stop before it starts -- maybe

a lot of these are the machine gun ones I think they are hard to put in your pocket

mental illness also has a genetic component

one student did call LE this morning --

thankfully. I meant there was nothing done prior the shooting.

He is following in the footsteps of The Columbine attack.

The Jonesboro attack is where the shooters pulled the fire alarm to lure everyone outside, then shot people to death from the woods by the school.

This is now worse than the Columbine attack, sadly.

I don't understand how this guy got anywhere near that school after being expelled. The security staff should have been aware of him. Will be interesting to hear how he got into the school.

Jillian Davis, a 19-year-old former classmate of Cruz, told the Treasure Coast Palm Beach Postthat she had been in a junior ROTC class with Cruz and that he would joke about guns and had been bullied.

“He was off,” Giovonni Watford told BuzzFeed News. “He was super stressed-out all the time and talked about guns a lot and tried to hide his face.”

Watford also told BuzzFeed News that Cruz complained about bullying at school.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics...ssion-with-guns-was-kicked-out-of-school.html

I am not trying to be rude, but I am having a very hard time following what you are posting. Who is Rachel? Where is this information coming from about behaviors, etc?

Your not being rude!!

Have heard that before sometimes!

Rachel Maddow at MSNBC (watch how many awards she wins this year !) incredible journalist -- IMO the best on air in ages !!

The info about behavioral was the special school he attended

As CARIIS posted it is very important to find out about the shooter's childhood. Why weren't the shooter's social media posts taken seriously?
If you can find information on this guy's upbringing including his parents please post. You must post in a respectful manner.

His social media screamed red flags. I think he was hoping someone would notice him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ANicholls16