FL - 17 killed in Stoneman Douglas H.S. shooting, Parkland, 14 Feb 2018 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have issues with this whole thing. I am getting this from TV so I don't have MSM attachments however its out there because it was MSM that I heard it from. The superintendent didn't know anything about this guy , yet, he was suspended, .expelled, and warned not to come to the school ( our superintendent would know about all of this and then some) . The school district knew about him and so did the police. This started all last year. Heck the school students knew about him and said "when this was happening they knew who it was that was doing this and they didn't even see him. Again all MSM from above articles/news. Yet, not one person is taking responsibility for this ordeal. I am starting with the superintendent, going to the LE and then school personal. I am not leaving out family, they knew he was not right. Also, he is not legally allowed to buy a gun so how did he get them? I'm not fighting gun control, i'm asking who/how did he get all of this.

On another topic, how did he get into the school? The gun he took is not a gun you can take apart and put back together. He had to walk in with this long rifle, a back pack of ammo and whatever else he took. I didn't hear he shot his way in so someone either let him in or he went in during the am fire alarm or a school official let him in. So many questions. Such a sad ordeal. My heart/prayers are with all of these families

He did buy the gun himself legally last year

from what I understand the legal age is 21. Am I missing something?

I have issues with this whole thing. I am getting this from TV so I don't have MSM attachments however its out there because it was MSM that I heard it from. The superintendent didn't know anything about this guy , yet, he was suspended, .expelled, and warned not to come to the school ( our superintendent would know about all of this and then some) . The school district knew about him and so did the police. This started all last year. Heck the school students knew about him and said "when this was happening they knew who it was that was doing this and they didn't even see him. Again all MSM from above articles/news. Yet, not one person is taking responsibility for this ordeal. I am starting with the superintendent, going to the LE and then school personal. I am not leaving out family, they knew he was not right. Also, he is not legally allowed to buy a gun so how did he get them? I'm not fighting gun control, i'm asking who/how did he get all of this.

On another topic, how did he get into the school? The gun he took is not a gun you can take apart and put back together. He had to walk in with this long rifle, a back pack of ammo and whatever else he took. I didn't hear he shot his way in so someone either let him in or he went in during the am fire alarm or a school official let him in. So many questions. Such a sad ordeal. My heart/prayers are with all of these families

RSBM

I, too, am interested in his point of entry into the school.
Thought I'd read upthread that students or staff observed him outside the school--- not sure if this was before or after the shooting started.
And he had an HOUR to keep shooting ? And then 'escaped' by mingling with students who were fleeing the building ?
So how did LE know whom to apprehend ?

According to what I've read.
A lot of questions.
:moo:

I know that my opinion will not be a popular one, but I think that taking God out of our schools, country, and lives has a lot to do with it

Abr,

We live in the 21st century and in multicultural nations so our schools are attended by children & teenagers of different ethnic and national backgrounds.

Personally I think we are the richer for it. Bringing God into all schools would be both antidemocratic and unethical as it would mean forcing the beliefs of a group on others.

Religion should not have space in a school curriculum, it is something to be practiced -for those who believe in it- in their privacy of their homes.

Jmo.

Since the shooter's parents were deceased ; did he live alone ?
With a roommate ?
With the parent's relatives ?

Did any family member know he was disturbed ; or that he was possibly like a'ticking time bomb' ?
Not placing blame if it's unwarranted.
:moo:

The superintendent didn't know anything about this guy , yet, he was suspended, .expelled, and warned not to come to the school ( our superintendent would know about all of this and then some) .

Respectfully snipped for focus. bbm

This is a large school district.

[FONT=open_sansregular]As superintendent of the nation’s sixth largest school district – with over 270,000 students in 337 schools and approximately 30,000 employees – Broward County Public Schools Superintendent Robert W. Runcie...[/FONT]

http://browardschools.com/superintendent/bio

moo

Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School

Parkland, FL [COLOR=#999999 !important]|
Broward County Public Schools
#50 in Florida Rankings

#623 in National Rankings

94% Graduation Rate
52.4 College Readiness
Silver Medal Awarded

https://www.usnews.com/education/best-high-schools/florida/rankings

i think i was wrong saw a video of his house in the dark and it was not the same place that was right near where he was arrested

cops walking around with flashlights can not really imagine what they are looking for in the middle of the night

suspect in jail

He lived with a person designated by his mother and then asked to live with a friend in North Broward. The North Broward family had let him. The Sentinel has an article that talks about his life.

No gun talk, I promise. Mental illness, students lacking resilience and an unwillingness /inability of schools to create real interventions rather than just looking at least restrictive environments and interventions --these are the real and salient issues. How much mental health options did he and his family have access to or was court ordered? The lack of services is critical for young people on the margins. The systems need money and skilled professionals to create real systems to identify, intervene, and construct safe environments for these young people.

How did people around him miss the signs? Same as what happened with Adam Lanza---strange behavior is strange until it is normalized by over exposure. He was off but no one was constant enough in his life to see or understand his slide into more concerning behavior. People did not stick around long enough to see how scary he was. Relatives mention meeting him once in 18 years. Jumped from school to school. Had people who accepted his oddities and left him alone or ran from him.

These actions by him and others might be lessened with "see something, say something" but more and more kids need/require/are begging for systems to be put in place to give them a shot at becoming more mentally healthy.

Close to home. Unceasingly familiar. Freaking predictable.

Tonight there are families who have to do the grim task of identifying their loved one, their child. Lives are ruined.

There are videos on the internet that students shot as they sat in the room with dead peers and teachers. Lives are ruined.

This gunman had a brother who is not only orphaned but alone in this world, who is horribly affected by the lack of help and care his brother received. His life is also ruined.

The rest of us have to decide when it is time to act---stand up---make change--- and own actions and inactions of ourselves and our elected officials as it pertains to mental health and interventions for those who ultimately ruin their own and others' lives.

I don't care, if 1 person can't handle the job, have 2/3/4..... They are supposed to be on top off all issues that happen in a school district. To say he had never heard of this guy is as far as i'm concerned a freaking lie. IMO

fyi, i'm trying to reply to a certain post and for some reason it's not allowing me to. Sorry If I looks like I'm just throwing things out there.

fyi, i'm trying to reply to a certain post and for some reason it's not allowing me to. Sorry If I looks like I'm just throwing things out there.

levity break

I look like that when everything is fine

no worries

peer

he got kicked out of two private schools

held back two grades kids cam be real mean to kids who get held back

had no friends

quiet strange

CNN

to himself

liked hunting

Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School

Parkland, FL [COLOR=#999999 !important]|
Broward County Public Schools
#50 in Florida Rankings

#623 in National Rankings

94% Graduation Rate
52.4 College Readiness
Silver Medal Awarded

https://www.usnews.com/education/best-high-schools/florida/rankings

i think i was wrong saw a video of his house in the dark and it was not the same place that was right near where he was arrested

cops walking around with flashlights can not really imagine what they are looking for in the middle of the night

suspect in jail

The stats looks pretty good, don't they? Except students like this shooter are often disenrolled/rolled over to other programs/re-enrolled at another school in order to save the stats. We need to be looking at the rate of mental illness-- including the gamut of issues that affect our adolescents.

In fact I have seen first hand schools that report a 96% grad rate-- but the class size has shrunk by 30 to 40 percent from mid-junior year to mid-senior year.

I am watching a replay of the 9 pm presser. The state officials have this down to victim friendly science. We need some real change because it isn't right that the protocol comes into focus way too fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joybird99