FL - 17 killed in Stoneman Douglas H.S. shooting, Parkland, 14 Feb 2018 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He does. Spent some time reading articles on FASD and can't believe how his adoptive mom managed these 2 boys
24/7. Sounds like FASD takes round the clock supervision and attention. No wonder he faced rejection everywhere he went. Can't believe he would be in regular classes at school.
Just as CARIIS has been telling us, his whole way of thinking is so different. So even the Snead's did not understand
his mental deficiencies. They called him spoiled, naive and waited on for not knowing common things. But his brain is very, very different. Articles called his problems 'lifelong'.
Such a hard, sad life.

Do we know if he had FASD? Would explain a lot of his behaviors.
The next question, what solutions do we offer struggling parents with kids with behavioral issues? Seems like she was overwhelmed.

Interesting read.

The shooter is almost always male. Of the past 129 mass shootings in the United States, all but three have been men. The shooter is socially alienated, and he can’t get laid. Every time you scratch the surface of the latest mass killing, in a movie theatre, a school, the streets of Paris or an abortion clinic, you find the weaponised loser. From Jihadi John of ISIS to Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris at Columbine, these men are invariably stuck in the emotional life of an adolescent. They always struggle with self-esteem – especially regarding women – and sometimes they give up entirely on the possibility of amorous fulfilment. There are different levels of tactical coordination, different ostensible grievances and different access to firearms, but the psyche beneath is invariably the same.

https://aeon.co/essays/humiliation-and-rage-how-toxic-masculinity-fuels-mass-shootings

Cruz’s defense team seeks to keep court filings sealed
David Fleshler And Megan O'Matz, Sun Sentinel

Fort Lauderdale, Fla. – Defense lawyers for Parkland school shooter Nikolas Cruz attempted to keep documents sealed Monday, in a Fort Lauderdale court hearing held without the defendant’s presence...

At issue was a motion filed under seal Friday by Cruz’s defense team, two days after the shooting that left 17 dead at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. The sealed document was not described. The defense also signaled that they would want to keep future documents under seal...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/nation/2018/02/19/florida-school-shooting/110600450/

The next question, what solutions do we offer struggling parents with kids with behavioral issues? Seems like she was overwhelmed.

I agree! We need support for the children, of course, but also for their parents! The isolation must be awful to endure without support.

jmo

I think it's mostly speculation at this point. I wonder if he was even checked or tested for it. Or maybe it's one of those
conditions that's hard to diagnose unless the bio mother admitted alcohol use or abuse. He sure seems to have a lot
of common symptoms. It was depressing to me just reading about FASD and how it affects people throughout their life.
Yes, the mom had to be completely overwhelmed.

That agency found that in the aftermath of a breakup with his girlfriend, Cruz — who had been diagnosed with attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder and autism — was depressed and cutting himself, according to a confidential summary of the investigation obtained by The Post. Cruz was interested in buying a gun, the investigators found. Even so, they concluded he was a low risk for harm.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...55346f6de81_story.html?utm_term=.c0c14770dc4d

The testing done on children/young adults varies in terms of its depth. I wonder if the diagnoses that are being reported are the result of a thorough examination and test battery. I feel like there is something more. If the family was self-reporting his diagnosis to those assessing him, could they have left something out? A good first step is making sure the evaluations done are thorough and accurate.

The testing done on children/young adults varies in terms of its depth. I wonder if the diagnoses that are being reported are the result of a thorough examination and test battery. I feel like there is something more. If the family was self-reporting his diagnosis to those assessing him, could they have left something out? A good first step is making sure the evaluations done are thorough and accurate.

Agree, but as of now, that's all we have to go on, however, just based on what we see in that WAPO article, should have been enough to have placed him on a flag list. Period.

He does. Spent some time reading articles on FASD and can't believe how his adoptive mom managed these 2 boys
24/7. Sounds like FASD takes round the clock supervision and attention. No wonder he faced rejection everywhere he went. Can't believe he would be in regular classes at school.
Just as CARIIS has been telling us, his whole way of thinking is so different. So even the Snead's did not understand
his mental deficiencies. They called him spoiled, naive and waited on for not knowing common things. But his brain is very, very different. Articles called his problems 'lifelong'.
Such a hard, sad life.

It is a wonderful gesture to take someone in, especially after the trauma of losing a parent. To me it is common sense to know all there is to know about the individual in the earnest desire to provide the best fit for their wellbeing. If they would have spoken to others about this decision they may have been advised, one way or another.

Instead you have the Snead’s thoughts of ‘adulting 101’, and get a gun cabinet in your room with the key. Neither of which are healthy in this case.

Before any consideration of having someone live at your home there are basic checkpoints for all involved. One of the most basic available to us at no cost is Social Media prescence and activity.

Why would anyone choose to not look at a younger adults, troubled (depressed) social media profiles to gain info on any possible red flags, for his friends and hobbies?! Especially since they have their own child living in the house who could be exposed to harm???

That makes no sense!

Florida police visit teen Anthony Borges, who was wounded in school shooting
by Kiara Alfonseca

A Florida teen who was shot five times while locking the door to a classroom during the school shooting last week is recovering, police said Sunday.

Anthony Borges, 15, is being hailed as a hero for his actions during the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting that killed 17. His fellow students say Borges’ actions saved their lives.

The teen was shot in his back and legs as he locked the door and blocked the doorway with his body, leaving the other 20 students unharmed as the gunman continued to fire.

Borges’ best friend, Carlos Rodriguez told ABC News, that it was Borges’ quick-thinking actions that saved his life...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...anthony-borges-who-was-wounded-school-n849366

Such a tragedy.

All the laws in the world are not going to stop/prevent a demented individual from pulling a trigger. They will find a way to get their hands on a gun or assault rifle whether it be legally or illegally, IMO.

This drive to demolish places involved in tragedy seems to be quite a modern one. I suppose it's become part of the ritual of public mourning.

I just don’t think spending millions for it is the best thing to do. It needs to go towards something that tangibly makes a difference. A nice simple and small park or something like is sufficient. Ive read that some perps like that a big expensive monument is a result of their actions.

Florida police visit teen Anthony Borges, who was wounded in school shooting
by Kiara Alfonseca

A Florida teen who was shot five times while locking the door to a classroom during the school shooting last week is recovering, police said Sunday.

Anthony Borges, 15, is being hailed as a hero for his actions during the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting that killed 17. His fellow students say Borges’ actions saved their lives.

The teen was shot in his back and legs as he locked the door and blocked the doorway with his body, leaving the other 20 students unharmed as the gunman continued to fire.

Borges’ best friend, Carlos Rodriguez told ABC News, that it was Borges’ quick-thinking actions that saved his life...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...anthony-borges-who-was-wounded-school-n849366

Don't know if it's in the article but his friends started a account to help pay for numerous sugeries he needs.

It is a wonderful gesture to take someone in, especially after the trauma of losing a parent. To me it is common sense to know all there is to know about the individual in the earnest desire to provide the best fit for their wellbeing. If they would have spoken to others about this decision they may have been advised, one way or another.

Instead you have the Snead’s thoughts of ‘adulting 101’, and get a gun cabinet in your room with the key. Neither of which are healthy in this case.

Before any consideration of having someone live at your home there are basic checkpoints for all involved. One of the most basic available to us at no cost is Social Media prescence and activity.

Why would anyone choose to not look at a younger adults, troubled (depressed) social media profiles to gain info on any possible red flags, for his friends and hobbies?! Especially since they have their own child living in the house who could be exposed to harm???

That makes no sense!
His own mother tried and tried and tried to get intervention and help and could not. No one even went to her funeral. I am proud of them for offering him shelter and food and refuse to make them the villains. They are victims, as well. The husband actually thought she had been killed by Nikolas. It is not fair to place the blame on them. That's just my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

"[Today's] hearing concerned a court filing his defense team is trying to keep sealed. Broward Circuit Court Judge Elizabeth Scherer didn’t say what was in the document, but agreed to keep it under wraps because, she said, 'it deals solely with the defense’s access to their own client.'

State prosecutors protested that they believe 'whatever the court is in possession of should be unsealed.'”

Photo at the link.

https://nypost.com/2018/02/19/alleged-school-shooter-head-bowed-appears-in-court/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xhononibb