FL - Abraham Shakespeare, 42, lottery winner, Polk County, 7 April 2009 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The wise words of Judge Strickland could be applied to this case.

"Not a bit of useful information has been provided by Ms. Anthony as to the whereabouts of her daughter," Judge Strickland said. "And I would add that the truth and Ms. Anthony are strangers."

This is a missing persons investigation; not a game. I'm filled with sorrow that no one is speaking kindly of Abraham or representing him truthly. What did he do to deserve this? Per court records, he set up a trust fund for his son and provided for the mother of his child. He had set up additional trusts so he continue to financially provide for his family.

I cannot begin to understand why someone would be so hurtful to a man that gave so much to you.

Thanks, lbminnesota. I fully agree with you. It is very sad that a person can do a 3 hour interview on tape and only cry when relating to the reporter how wronged she has been. Feeling sorry for herself and not for this man's mother who loves him and is so worried and afraid for him.

Then we have the newspaper article where she makes herself out to be a saint and has done so very much for him. I predict more tears, but they will be tears for having gotten caught rather than doing what she did.

I am a 59 year old grandmother and I am insulted that someone expects me to believe that all of this was done for/to Abraham Shakespeare out of the 'goodness of her heart' and the desire to help someone. I am not buying any of it. GMAB. We have seen this time and time again. It has been nothing but very elaborate con games, IMO. Again, if so many people cannot believe this saintly story, I doubt a jury would either.

Thank you, ibminnesota, for your excellent research.

MOO

I'm not even going to bother posting anymore since you already convicted me. I hope you enjoy ruining my life on here.

Your web site is not designed for freedom of speech nor the truth. In a real investigation they look at all sides of the story and take their time. The investigators are real good on this case. They are doing their job and the truth will come out. I'm not really worried about it except for the fact you can judge someone without knowing the whole story.

Your web site deletes any name you type in unless it was listed in the newspaper. If you could link the people of interest that know Abraham and what places they own you could help find where he his staying. But you're really not interested in finding him because the newspaper only gave you one lead and that's me. I'm not saying your not great at investigating but they don't list half the people involved which is amazing to me. Your only working with what you got so I can't blame you either and I can't give you no more because it's against the laws of your web site. So, Thank GOD for the Sheriff's Department and I will pray for all of you.

Just making sure you were aware of why things are being deleted....

Per WS rules, you must stop posting until you have contacted WS's owner and she has verified that you are with LE. This is routine for all cases where posters claim to be friends, family, or LE associated with a case and is designed to weed out imposters who come on WS and post information that is false. Tricia's email addy is tgrif@xmission.com.

Thank you,

Hoppyfrog

TOS are for the protection of everyone, the innocent and the guilty. I am quite grateful to be associated with a group of individuals that work under this principle. Hats off to the moderators for keeping this site on task and for doing all that can be done to help those that are lost and their families... JMHO.

Trust me I would be sad if I thought for one minute something could have actual happened to this man.

I've posted more than 10% of the article but believe it's time to learn about Abraham in his own words.

WINTER HAVEN - It's been two months since Abraham Shakespeare won $30 million in the Florida Lotto, but nothing about the way he lives his life shows he's a multimillionaire.

The Lakeland resident still makes sure he doesn't spend more than $7 on a meal at a Denny's restaurant, and he still picks up pennies off the ground. His only major purchases have been a Nissan Altima, a pickup for his girlfriend, a couple of pieces of clothing and a Rolex from a pawn shop. He eventually wants to buy dream homes for himself and his mother.

"I'm not a material person," he said. "I don't let material things run me. I'm on a tight budget."

Instead of becoming a flashy spender, Shakespeare, 40, has used some of his one-time lump-sum payment of $16.9 million to form a corporation and to help a few senior citizens who have gotten behind on their bills.

Shakespeare talked with the media Thursday in his lawyer's office about his plans for Shakespeare & Associates, a corporation that will create business ventures in real estate, rehabilitation of homes and affordable housing. He also is planning to create a nonprofit corporation that will assist those in need. He's planning to do much more with his business, but Shakespeare said he hasn't finalized the details yet.

http://www.theledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070119/NEWS/701190388/1039

DM, glad you decided to stick around and continue posting. Had some burning questions to ask.
If the sleuths here dissolve the reason for Abraham leaving, if he did not have outstanding child support bills, then why did he leave? I don't see any Judgements that the mothers of his children have against him. I don't see any warrants for his arrest. And if you bought his house and all those mortgages and loans he held, he had plenty of money to pay his debts. He would not have had to go to jail, he could afford to pay. So, why would he leave if not for the reason you put in the paper, because of child support?
You say you were trying to help him. You are living in his house (oh, yeah, now it is your house), you took his name to start a business that his name is not on, you now have the outstanding loans that were owed to him, and he can't be found. You continue to try to portray him in a bad light stating negative things about him that and his family that I can't find posted anywhere else. So, do you think your helping him was successful? Because from the outside looking in, I sure would never want your kind of help.
So, you got a years probation for a bad check? Seems kind of harsh. Of course, in lots of cases, the prosecutors will let someone plea down to lesser charges. Is that what happened in your case? It does not say you were acquitted of the other charge, just says the prosecutor chose not to prosecute. So, they could have reintroduced the charges at a later date if they had wanted to.
More questions about that incident. I can't find a retraction in the paper telling how your name was cleared. I can't find any charges filed on the 3 men you claim sexually assaulted you. I can't find any civil case you filed against them for sexually assaulting you or stealing your vehicle or any Judgements against them. I'm sure if you were concerned about your reputation you would want to set the record straight with the paper that published the story.
If you had all this money before you met Abraham, could you tell me why you didn't pay off the $50,000+ tax debt you had with the IRS until January 2009 after you met Abraham? I would think if you had all this money, you would have settled your debt with the government long ago. On your myspace you said your income was over $250,000 a year. If that was so, again, why would you have waited so long to pay off the IRS? And if you actually had all this money prior to 2009 and you owed that much money, why would the IRS not have attached the funds and just taken their money? They can do that, you know.
You say you were writing a book about Abraham. What other books have you written? What that you have written has been published? Did you go to school for writing?
Someone earlier in this thread had a most excellent question for you that I'd really like you to answer. You say that if Abraham knew what was going on, if he knew they were looking for him and that it was causing you problems, he would come forward. However, you then say that since it broke in the media, you have not been able to contact him. As the previous poster pointed out, if he knows it broke in the media and that is why you can no longer contact him, then he does know what is going on and he still isn't coming forward. So, can you explain that?
You have been real up close and personal with him for awhile. You knew he had a new girlfriend for the past 3 months. So, why don't you know her name? Why don't you give it to the police?
In one of your posts, you state, "Some people that owe him money are really bad people that you don't even mess with or ever try to collect from." I didn't like the foreshadowing. Sounds like you could be suggesting that is why he disappeared. So, why would you buy his their debts from him knowing this? Now these really bad people owe you money? Are you going to be the next one to disappear?
I don't really think he left the country. He would have had to use a passport and the cops would have known about that, wouldn't they? So, where do you think he is?
No reason to be upset with the posters on this site. They continue to post things that are already public record. If you want the negative things removed, go to the original source. Get that retraction from the paper, for instance. I don't see one and I did look for it.
Can't blame me because I fiind you interesting. Lots and lots of questions. I'm glad you are here to answer them. You say you have nothing to hide. Pleased to hear that. I'd like to hear more of what you have to say. Maybe I'll even want to write a book about you. We probably have the same qualifications for being an author.

This just means Dee Dee bought the judgment lien from the attorney (she paid his bill), and, in doing so, the attorney has been removed as plaintiff and replaced by her. She can now enforce the judgment/lien. Nothing in there about safety deposit box.
This is the judgment she now owns:
http://ori2.polk-county.net/wb_or1/details.asp?doc_id=7143681&file_num=2008200888&doc_status=V

Stemming from this civil contract & indebtedness case: (remember, now DD's name appears as Plaintiff, but it was the law firm till the substitution was granted.)
https://ori2.polk-county.net/ct_web1/case_detail.asp?SearchType=Party+Name&ascaseid=371915&ascrttype=CR

BBM - Not sure what you are reading, but there's now an empty safety deposit box. From the order...

"That this order shall authorize the new Plaintiff, DEE DEE MOORE to obtain the funds currently frozen at Community Bank in Lakeland, Florida in the name of Abraham L. Shakespeare and the contents of his safety deposit box also frozen at Community Bank."

BBM - Not sure what you are reading, but there's now an empty safety deposit box. From the order...

"That this order shall authorize the new Plaintiff, DEE DEE MOORE to obtain the funds currently frozen at Community Bank in Lakeland, Florida in the name of Abraham L. Shakespeare and the contents of his safety deposit box also frozen at Community Bank."

You're right. From:
http://ori2.polk-county.net/wb_or1/details.asp?doc_id=7358487&file_num=2009190637&doc_status=V
on page two. I missed that. I think the intention of the judge was "as partial satisfaction of the Judgment", if indeed the SDB held funds. Either way, she now owns the judgment, and can collect for it from frozen funds (if the funds exist at Community Bank). I don't think the intention was for her to get ALL the money and ALL the contents, only up to the amount of the value of the judgment. ($21,327.06 plus interest)

... I was never convicted of insurance fraud and the charges were dropped. I only got charged with the check I wrote out that bounced because of my money being stolen. ...

No...you got charged with the fraud, the check, and filing a false police report. You got convicted on the check and pleaded no contest on filing the false report. (adjudication withheld)

http://publicrecord.hillsclerk.com/...970&pnCaseYrTo=2009&pcCtypCL=ALL&pcLocnCL=ALL

Why would one plead no contest on the false report charge (a first degree misdemeanor), if truly not guilty? Sounds like a plea bargain to me! You served 1 year probation on the false report charge.

Like the public official he paid off to get his driver’s license. He thought that stuff was funny and wanted it in the book. He never had a driver’s license until he paid a public official for one. He could not pass the driving test.
You do realize that Abraham's job was that of a truck driver.
Was this a Polk County public official that you claim Abraham "paid off?"
I'm sure Polk County officials are thrilled to be working with you on this case.

I think if I owed back taxes, I would get one of those lawyers advertised on TV who can make a deal with the IRS to settle for payment of only a fraction of what I owed. I haven't needed one, tho. I have always paid on time and paid the full amount. Guess that's what I get for trying to follow the rules and laws of the land!

Where is Abraham Shakespheare?

I feel like we're in a twilight zone. A man has disappeared and there is something terribly wrong going on here. In a normal situation, we'd hear about what he took with him, did he have a passport, money, any bank activity, and other witness that can verify he planned to disappear. His attorneys would be speaking about Abraham and offering a greater reward. Speaking to him through the media to call.

What is going on???

Can anyone fine anything about the reward that DM says she offering??

You would think that would be well publicized, if it is indeed true..

I did not serve a years’ probation. Check again. Once I paid the charges the probation was dropped. Trust me I wanted to go all the way through the court system. My lawyer at the time talked me out of it. He said, they would get me on the check charge anyway and that way this would be over with quickly. I could have the charges removed from my record later. I'm 37 years old and have never got charged with anything else. I don't do drugs of any kind and I believe in the legal system. I should have never been charged with the check because I knew I had the money in the bank. I did not know it was being withdrawn.

I would have been glad to pay the IRS but I did not owe them. They put a lien on my assets until the audit was done that cleared me.

I don't mean to put Abraham in a negative light. I'm just telling the truth and how he would tell it himself. He has a lot of good about him. He means well but just has the wrong kind of friends. The kind of things he wants in my book are not ones his mother agrees with being put in there. He does buy everything from the dollar store. He never spends anything on himself. He went to New York and brought back a purse for 5 of his women. He never minds the little loans. It's the big ones that people kept calling him about. When he did not loan the money to them they would treat him like he was being selfish. He would give in to them and never see the money again.

The people at the bank said, for the first year he almost lived up there. Every day he would come up there and they would sometimes try to talk him out of it. He would tell them he's grown and he can do what he wants, it's his money. Sometimes if they were lucky he would listen. The thing his family complained about is that he only gave them pennies compared to what he gave everyone else.

His mom did not complain but she had no idea of what he was giving away until it was frozen. I only agreed to write the book if Abraham would give his portion of the book proceeds to his mom. I wanted her to retire and remodel her kitchen. In Abraham's defense he was going to buy her a house at first but she did not want to move. Since she did not want the house he said you got to wait until the next go around. She would have loved her house remodeled. She should have retired two years ago. I only have two loans I collect from; I give them right back out to her. I pay someone 3 times a week to carry her back in forth to work and to the doctors. I have the proof of the checks going into my account and being written right back out. He knew I would take care of his mom. I know he did not care what I did with it, but it's the right thing to do. I made him feel bad for being caught up with so many women he did not take care of the person that brought him into this world. I know he meant to but he was just caught up in a whirl wind and he loved all the attention he was getting. You can't blame him for that. In the end he realized his money did not go to help a lot of good people. That's something he wanted to change. He was upset these people made a fool of him. I talked about giving back and keeping the kids off the streets. I told him I was opening up a paint ball field to help give back to my community. He really didn’t care what I did, it was my headache now.

Shakespeare explains the purpose of Shakespeare & Associates in the Ledger dated 1/17/07. It was dissolved on 9/26/08 instead of filing an annual financial report: ADMIN DISSOLUTION FOR ANNUAL REPORT.

Being a novice to the LLC world, I trying to understand if an LLC can be dissolved prior to reporting if Abraham has invested money in the company. If so, what happened to the money? Cedric Lewis, the attorney listed as registered agent, didn't set it up as a non-profit. And we know that the company was used to flow mortgages to American Medical Professionals (one of the proposed ventures he was fielding?).

I'd like to hear from Cedric Lewis; the attorney that Shakespeare trusted.

Shakespeare talked with the media Thursday in his lawyer's office about his plans for Shakespeare & Associates, a corporation that will create business ventures in real estate, rehabilitation of homes and affordable housing. He also is planning to create a nonprofit corporation that will assist those in need. He's planning to do much more with his business, but Shakespeare said he hasn't finalized the details yet.

He got the idea for the business from one of his friends and he's relying on his longtime friendships with partners Franklin Jackson and Gregory Massey to get the corporation started. Winter Haven lawyer Cedric Lewis has been fielding requests for some of the proposed ventures.

http://www.theledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070119/NEWS/701190388/1039

And the spin never stops.

Where was Abraham when you last spoke with him?

He did not drive the truck he was a ride along. He helped unload.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413