FL - Abraham Shakespeare, 42, lottery winner, Polk County, 7 April 2009 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
D Moore (813) *advertiser censored*-xxxx 3445 N Forbes Rd, Plant City, FL 33565 (no such address exists in Plant City)
Robert Moore (813) *advertiser censored*-xxxx 3445 S Forbes Rd, Dover, FL 33527

From Hillsborough County Property Appraiser:

MOORE ROBERT L AND FRANCES P

Mailing Address
3445 S FORBES RD,
DOVER, FL 33527-5421

http://www.hcpafl.org/CamaDisplay.a...pe=RealEstate&ParcelID=212910ZZZ000003988300U

Now I ask fellow sleuthers to help research this individual - Robert L Moore

http://www3.fdle.state.fl.us/coflyer/Poster.asp?Keys=6699

wanttohelp found this individual in her research. We have finally found a connection of Ms. Moore to a Robert L Moore. The Robert L. Moore in above link was just incarcerated on 9/28/09 - Hardee Corrections in Bowling Green, FL.

Thank you, LBMinnesota and wanttohelp for all the excellent sleuthing.

Mystery of Missing Lottery Winner Deepens
Posted Mon, Dec 07, 2009 at 08:12 am WUSF News - Tampa

On Sunday, the Lakeland Ledger reported that a friend of Shakepeare's, Dorice "DeeDee" Moore, says she helped the millionaire disappear.

She says he wanted to get away from the publicity and money-seekers, and she agreed to buy his house to help him escape. But now, she says she has no idea where he is, and she's become a suspect in the police investigation.

Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd says police are offering a $5,000 reward for information, but it hasn't helped.

"He has left behind a child who by all accounts he loves very much, and his mother, and he has absolutely disappeared. We have no idea where he may be," Judd said.

Judd said Shakespeare had a colorful criminal history but no major convictions before he won the Florida lottery in 2006. He received a $17 million payout.

Judd said they're investigating the possibility of foul play.

http://www.wusf.usf.edu/news/2009/12/07/mystery_of_missing_lottery_winner_deepens

Cleo......you are a smart man!!!!!

Thanks, but I am of the female persuasion. ;)

Are you saying that because of what I said regarding someone known to run scams, or because of what I said regarding $13 million and a missing man?

I wouldn't trust anyone who has been known to run financial fraud scams, and most especially not where $13 million is within such easy grasp.

I find it very interesting that this person only met Mr. Shakespeare in December of '08 and by April of '09 already had their hands in ALL of Mr. Shakespeare's financial dealings, not to mention the fact that Mr. Shakespeare is purported to have disappeared in April of '09.

I hope this person gets prosecuted to the FULLEST extent of the law for taking advantage of such an easy target. There is nothing kind in abusing someone's trust--nor can anything that has been uncovered thus far be construed as "helping" Mr. Shakespeare.

The only thing that I see is that this person's pockets have been well-lined with ill-gotten money and to the great detriment of Mr. Shakespeare's wellbeing.

I'm a little concerned about my above referenced post being deleted from this board. The entire post was made up of public records, citing book and page of these records. If I violated some policy on public records, let me know, not just delete post.

you have a copy though right?

you have a copy though right?

Nope...dummy me typed it in notepad while doing the research, (about 3 hrs. worth) and cut and pasted to post. Then I just closed notepad without saving, thinking the post would remain here. My bad!:banghead:

Beware of sock puppets with the intention of perpetuating false sightings and throwing everyone off trail.

Thanks, but I am of the female persuasion. ;)

Are you saying that because of what I said regarding someone known to run scams, or because of what I said regarding $13 million and a missing man?

I wouldn't trust anyone who has been known to run financial fraud scams, and most especially not where $13 million is within such easy grasp.

I find it very interesting that this person only met Mr. Shakespeare in December of '08 and by April of '09 already had their hands in ALL of Mr. Shakespeare's financial dealings, not to mention the fact that Mr. Shakespeare is purported to have disappeared in April of '09.

I hope this person gets prosecuted to the FULLEST extent of the law for taking advantage of such an easy target. There is nothing kind in abusing someone's trust--nor can anything that has been uncovered thus far be construed as "helping" Mr. Shakespeare.

The only thing that I see is that this person's pockets have been well-lined with ill-gotten money and to the great detriment of Mr. Shakespeare's wellbeing.

ITA. I would love to see the proof that Mr Shakespeare gained one penny from all these dealings that were supposed to benefit him.

And he left voluntarily? Say's who? Why would he go into hiding over child support when he didn't before? Information is only as good as it's source. Sightings few thousand miles away? What a coincidence and how convenient!

Beware of sock puppets with the intention of perpetuating false sightings and throwing everyone off trail.

Someone is learning a lesson; can't play the highly intelligent and committed contributors of Websleuths.

I apologize, but am confused about the rules and do not want to violate TOS.

Are we not allowed to discuss Dorice Moore, because she is also now a poster here?

Thanks for any help.

I would check with a mod for clarification. IMO, it should be ok to discuss her since she's been named and called a suspect by the media.

I apologize, but am confused about the rules and do not want to violate TOS.

Are we not allowed to discuss Dorice Moore, because she is also now a poster here?

Thanks for any help.

Hope this helps...

When posting info on property transactions, liscences, etc. please just post a link to the info you want to show.

It is fine to discuss it, just don't copy and paste it.

Discussing anyone that is tied to this case in the media and not a minor is fine to discuss, to me this includes Ms. Moore.

Hope this helps...

When posting info on property transactions, liscences, etc. please just post a link to the info you want to show.

It is fine to discuss it, just don't copy and paste it.

Discussing anyone that is tied to this case in the media and not a minor is fine to discuss, to me this includes Ms. Moore.

Thank you!

Wow, I leave because my dad was in the hospital for a couple days and all this. :waitasec:

Welcome Dorice. I am glad that you are here and can give us more info about Abraham. I figured that the 17 mil was before taxes.It does not suprise me that Abraham only got 12 mil after taxes.

Alot of people dont realize that lotto winners are not taxed completely when they first get their money. It is after they file their taxes the first of the year that the income tax amount is determined. I know someone that won 1 mil in Fl and I tell ya that can be the first of many problems for lotto winners because they think everything was taken out when they got the big check.

Ya'll will have to give me time to read all of the posts I missed lol.

A little OT, but on the same page as the above post by Sleuthster: did anybody else hear that in a study, majority of lotto winners are actually more depressed after their winnings?

Now I ask fellow sleuthers to help research this individual - Robert L Moore

http://www3.fdle.state.fl.us/coflyer/Poster.asp?Keys=6699

wanttohelp found this individual in her research. We have finally found a connection of Ms. Moore to a Robert L Moore. The Robert L. Moore in above link was just incarcerated on 9/28/09 - Hardee Corrections in Bowling Green, FL.

He's been incarcerated since 03/29/1995:

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/activeinmates/detail.asp?Bookmark=391&From=list&SessionID=650368471

I just saw this despite it being an older article (dec. 1st) Forgive me if it has already been discussed. http://www.theledger.com/article/20...?Title=Reward-Offered-For-Missing-Millionaire
What do you guys think about the lawyer who states that he spoke to Abraham in October? Is this a hopeful sign or more muddling of the waters of what could have happened?
P.S. What a great picture of Abraham, I really do hope nothing has happened to him.

I remember reading an article that stated Shakespeare got 17 million after taxes. I do not have a link to that particular article, tho, so I have to say IIRC.

Why is it now being quoted as being 12 million?

*****If you look at the article Jesikah1 linked to above, you will see that it states Shakespeare opted for the 17 million lump sum payment.

Found a link to another story from the above link
http://www.theledger.com/article/20091205/NEWS/912055047/0/news

Woman Says Missing Man Publicity Upended Life

Dorice, do you know where he is hiding?? If you do, you really should tell LE so that he can be found and this can be cleared up. There was mention in a privious news story that you had told LE he was living with a woman near Polk Co. Do you know who she is and where she lives?

I remember reading an article that stated Shakespeare got 17 million after taxes. I do not have a link to that particular article, tho, so I have to say IIRC.

Why is it now being quoted as being 12 million?

*****If you look at the article Jesikah1 linked to above, you will see that it states Shakespeare opted for the 17 million lump sum payment.

I'm not sure, thats a good question. I know that I read that he won $31 mil and usually you get half or close to half. They then take like 10% for taxes of the top but then when you file your taxes they usually take another 12%-18% depending on your tax status and dependants. So $12mil sounds about right to me for $31 mil taking half cash settlement.

I just saw this despite it being an older article (dec. 1st) Forgive me if it has already been discussed. http://www.theledger.com/article/20...?Title=Reward-Offered-For-Missing-Millionaire
What do you guys think about the lawyer who states that he spoke to Abraham in October? Is this a hopeful sign or more muddling of the waters of what could have happened?
P.S. What a great picture of Abraham, I really do hope nothing has happened to him.

Very interesting. I haven't seen this before.
That does seem to indicate he may be okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413