GUILTY FL - Abraham Shakespeare Killed After Winning $30 Million Lottery, Polk County, Apr 2009 *new trial request 2023* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

KaylynnCouture

Reaction score
Dee Dee Moore was convicted of murdering Abraham Shakespeare for money he received after winning the lottery. Dee Dee Moore and one of the detectives in this case were posting on Websleuths in 2009.

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9

A $5,000 reward is being offered in the search for a missing Florida Lottery winner from Polk County.

Abraham Shakespeare won $31 million in 2006. The 43-year-old was last seen in the Lakeland area in early April.

The reward was announced Tuesday by the Polk County Sheriff's Office.

Spokeswoman Donna Wood had previously said that perhaps Shakespeare does not want to be found, but authorities still need to ask for the public's help in locating him.

In April 2007, Shakespeare was sued by a co-worker who alleged that Shakespeare had stolen the tickets from him.

Authorities say Shakespeare won the suit in October 2007.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,578725,00.html?test=latestnews

Last edited by a moderator:
Has he ever been found watching TV show on Hulu was interested if he was ever found?

I hope I’m posting this correctly. I was so impressed with how you all helped bring Abrahams killer to justice. It was very inspiring. I was wondering….please tell me all his assets were removed from this woman and returned to his child and his mother. Profiting off the murder of someone is unconscionable.

Sorry I didn't watch the whole thing before I asked the question thanks

I can’t see it because I don’t have Hulu I don’t have the service

SBBM

CP, who goes by "Sleuthster" on the Websleuths forum, took a special interest in Shakespeare's case. She was among users who started digging, looking at everything from local news articles to property records.

Snip

Now, a new six-part Hulu series, "Web of Death," airing Jan. 19, follows the investigations of online sleuths into cases like Shakespeare's as they use digital records and social media to unearth clues to aid law enforcement officials in solving crimes.

SBM

David Clark, a former Polk County detective, said he was impressed by Websleuths' findings and the forum users' knack for quickly obtaining records online. [snip] "I get on the internet and I come across this Websleuths forum. You have 10 or 15 people finding property purchase agreements, financial records. I questioned how are they getting this information? I need a subpoena to get it, but they've got it," Clark said. The detective said he joined the forum and posted to "let them know that all the hard work they were doing wasn't going unnoticed."

Last edited:
I discovered Websleuths while watching Abraham Shakespeare case this evening. I realize most discussions involve missing, deceased and cold case files but what about opening an incident where a person has been stalked since 1981 following a Statutory rape case. It went cold and peep is still acting, and engaging in vicious activity.

Stalking is not taken seriously enough by law enforcement in my opinion (both personal experience and what I know of other stalking cases). Statistically the behavior of a long term stalker escalates and there’s a good chance it will become violent behavior. There also needs to be more research done on cyber stalkers/harassers. They are the stalkers that are cowards hiding behind a screen and think (or know) they’re undetectable. This shouldn’t be the norm with this type of heinous crime. It’s a crime of psychological warfare and leaves victims with a deeply profound lack of safety and security in their own homes. I could write a book about it.. actually, I AM WRITING A BOOK ABOUT IT!! I hope it is well received and can make those in my similar circumstances feel less isolated.

I discovered Websleuths while watching Abraham Shakespeare case this evening. I realize most discussions involve missing, deceased and cold case files but what about opening an incident where a person has been stalked since 1981 following a Statutory rape case. It went cold and peep is still acting, and engaging in vicious activity.
Was Abraham Shakespeare the man who won the lottery and was subsequently killed for the earnings? (To put a long story short)
Or am I thinking of the wrong case?

I just watched a show on his case! It is terrifying to see what extents someone would go to for money! Dee Dee was one of the people that should not belong in the world. It was truly sad about what she did to him, may he Rest In Peace.

I just watched a show on his case! It is terrifying to see what extents someone would go to for money! Dee Dee was one of the people that should not belong in the world. It was truly sad about what she did to him, may he Rest In Peace.
Welcome to Websleuths Sleuthy!

And yes, money is the root of much evil. Abraham didn't deserve this.

Last edited:

The judge said a hearing date for July 12, where Moore will be present in the courtroom to argue her case for a new trial.
Oh my, I sure hope she does not get a new trial- she exploited that poor man- she needs to rot in prison for the rest of her miserable life. This is one of the saddest murder cases I have ever heard of.

July 12, 2023
[...]
In a hearing Wednesday, Moore made the case that she should receive a new trial because her attorney failed to present two key pieces of evidence that she believes point to different suspects: DNA taken from the crime scene and the testimony of Shakespeare’s ex-girlfriend.

During much of Wednesday’s hearing, the judge and attorneys had to redirect Moore as she rambled, including after her attorney called her to the stand to testify. Prosecutors called just one witness, Moore’s previous defense attorney, Christopher Boldt.

“Ms. Moore was a management challenge,” Boldt said.

“She was prone to non sequiturs,” he added.

Florida appeals courts upheld Moore’s convictions in 2015 and 2019. Hillsborough Circuit Judge Michelle Sisco will review the hearing and evidence submitted by Moore’s defense team and prosecutors to determine whether Moore, 50, should get a new trial.

Woman convicted of killing Lakeland lottery winner wants another new trial​

Dorice "Dee Dee" Moore was convicted in 2012 for the murder of Abraham Shakespeare, a father who won a $30 million jackpot.
Updated: 6:51 PM EDT July 12, 2023

10 Tampa Bay

Updated: Jul 12, 2023 / 07:28 PM EDT

Woman convicted of killing Lakeland lottery winner asks for new trial, accuses police of corruption​

In addition to being a cold hearted murderers she is a nut bag
I hope she does not get a new trial
That Poor man she duped and then she killed him
Heartbreaking

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members