FL FL - Adji Desir, 6, Immokalee, 10 Jan 2009 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the link in case anyone wants to help encourage Oprah to bring the case to the forefront:

https://www.oprah.com/ord/plugform.jsp?plugId=215

Bless you --

Melanie

Thank you. I don't watch daytime TV, but know who Oprah is. I followed your link and submitted the request. Hopefully, she will highlight Adji on her show. He deserves fair air time, just like the rest of the missing kids.

Thank you for answering that. I wanted to search around and find the answer but my computer has slowed to a crawl today for some reason. I feel about the same way LOL

You live in the area? Do you have any insider info that the media has missed? I was born in Tampa, Florida but it was so long ago there were dinosaurs, so I don't remember much.

I love your user name BTW; it makes me want to curl up with a cup of cocoa.

The media hasn't really missed anything I can think of for Adji, except for the attention that the little missing girls in Florida get, but Adji does not. Florida is full of wild and dangerous animals, and while mostly they leave people alone, they don't always. My brother got chased by a wild boar here for accidently getting too close to its baby he didn't see.

Secondly, I am not sure if all the locals know about this. There are three reasons. 1. I haven't seen a lot of signs 2. It is a very diverse cultural area and there are many different languages spoken. 3. It is an area where people's first priority may not be tv, so they may not have tv or they may not be keeping up with news reports.

Secondly, I am not sure if all the locals know about this. There are three reasons. 1. I haven't seen a lot of signs 2. It is a very diverse cultural area and there are many different languages spoken. 3. It is an area where people's first priority may not be tv, so they may not have tv or they may not be keeping up with news reports.

(Snipped by me)
I know I read shortly after Adji went missing that there were 50,000 fliers distributed. I hope they were distributed in the different languages spoken there...

Hope that AMW's show will help bring in tips to bring this little boy home.

(Snipped by me)
I know I read shortly after Adji went missing that there were 50,000 fliers distributed. I hope they were distributed in the different languages spoken there...

Hope that AMW's show will help bring in tips to bring this little boy home.

I was standing in line at Kroger today and saw all the magazines with Brad/Jennifer/Angelina on the cover and all these other people I don't even know because I don't watch tv, and I thought, why are all the missing children not on the covers of these? Even just focus on one a week? Our country's values are kind of messed up it seems.

I was standing in line at Kroger today and saw all the magazines with Brad/Jennifer/Angelina on the cover and all these other people I don't even know because I don't watch tv, and I thought, why are all the missing children not on the covers of these? Even just focus on one a week? Our country's values are kind of messed up it seems.

I totally agree with you! :)

I wish there was more coverage, more leads.............

At least when you do have a pole dancing mama with a suspicious alibi you have an idea about what happened and what the worst outcome might be. But, when they just vanish like this, there's no place to look, no clues to follow, no suspects to look at.

I spoke to Natisha Lance/NG producer yesterday and I asked her why did she drop Adji like a hot potato? She agreed and said she would mention it to her.... I hope she does. I live in Florida also, and he is just as important as all the other missing children in this State, and elsewhere.

I spoke to Natisha Lance/NG producer yesterday and I asked her why did she drop Adji like a hot potato? She agreed and said she would mention it to her.... I hope she does. I live in Florida also, and he is just as important as all the other missing children in this State, and elsewhere.

:clap::clap::clap:AMEN:clap::clap::clap:

You are wonderful! (big hug!) Thank you. :blowkiss:

----------------------------------------------------

Wow. Job well done, chesterp.
How in the world did you get through to Natisha Lance?
However you did it, it is great!

I agree there should be alot more coverage of this little boy everywhere.I pray there will be and continue to be untill he is found and returns home to his family.

----------------------------------------------------

Wow. Job well done, chesterp.
How in the world did you get through to Natisha Lance?
However you did it, it is great!

I saw her sitting in a car and walked right up to her and started talking...

Lol! Yes, we don't use the term Native Canadians all though some people say "native" however we have had gang problems here, there is a gang called the native syndicate and the indian posse so both words can be taken as... I wouldn't say derogatory, but might have a negative connotation. Where I live we have a very large native population that makes up most of our prison population and has a lot of trouble with poverty. I guess in the States you could compare it to the struggle that many African Americans have.

We took "First Nations Studies" in school so that's just what I call them, our university is First Nations University and we have a First Nations Exhibit at the museum. So, technicaly it's the same as native to the land... the first ones in our nation. I think it just, I don't know, sounds more respectful but it's a cultural thing. A lot of racist people here call them indians or "natives" in a nasty way. When I used the term with my "First Nation" friend I think she found it amusing. She once used the word "indian" then corrected herself quickly and said, "ah-I mean First Nations".

No word on the missing teen, rumours abound but that's all there is. There has been a $50,000 reward offered for any information.

(My bold)

Native Americans is the PC description here in the U.S. for the indigenous people, although American Indian seems to be equally acceptable. My husband (and therefore son) have Native American blood, and I have a number of Native American friends who in fact prefer the simple term Indians. It is their heritage, and I respect whatever a person/tribe/community chooses to call themselves.

As for our little munchkin...he is just that regardless of race, creed or heritage. He is a child who has disappeared off the face of the earth through no fault of his own and he deserves to be found. ALL children deserve equal treatment under the law, just as all adults do. And yes, I do feel that this little fella has been ignored due to his cultural background. If his family had been rich or there'd been some forceful, loud-mouthed person in his family to bring this case front and center in the media or if there was much Jerry Spring intrigue in his past, then he'd be plastered all over every television screen. But he is simply a representative of any number of children walking down the street any given day of the year that vanish for whatever reason. And the fact that he can just disappear is deplorable.

And yes, I do feel that this little fella has been ignored due to his cultural background. If his family had been rich or there'd been some forceful, loud-mouthed person in his family to bring this case front and center in the media or if there was much Jerry Spring intrigue in his past, then he'd be plastered all over every television screen. But he is simply a representative of any number of children walking down the street any given day of the year that vanish for whatever reason. And the fact that he can just disappear is deplorable.
(My highlighting above)

I've often seen the statistics regarding missing children here at WS and thought that this would be a good time to look them up again. Here they are:

Statistics

"How many children are reported missing each year?
The U.S. Department of Justice reports
  • 797,500 children (younger than 18) were reported missing in a one-year period of time studied resulting in an average of 2,185 children being reported missing each day.
  • 203,900 children were the victims of family abductions.
  • 58,200 children were the victims of non-family abductions.
  • 115 children were the victims of “stereotypical” kidnapping. (These crimes involve someone the child does not know or someone of slight acquaintance, who holds the child overnight, transports the child 50 miles or more, kills the child, demands ransom, or intends to keep the child permanently.)"
With numbers like these, I'm frankly surprised that ANY of them get a large amount of time in the media. You're certainly right, MTM, that there are so many children that vanish that the media simply never picks up on. :confused:

Bump for Adji. And God bless all the little ones in this world.

I saw her sitting in a car and walked right up to her and started talking...
--------------------------------------------------
Well, it could not have worked out better than if it was planned.
I guess it is a good thing you are in Orlando or close by.

Can't wait to see Adji on AMW tonight. Hoping this precious boy is brought home, soon!!

--------------------------------------------------
Well, it could not have worked out better than if it was planned.
I guess it is a good thing you are in Orlando or close by.

While I appreciate all the LA depo stuff......and Friday's show was spent on that with the Mike guy, I know NG will talk about the depo over and over again, and rightfully so the Satsuma story, and the 14 year old Amber in CA... but I do hope they do a follow up on Adji who has been missing the longest. It is like his story fell off the planet. I believe here in FL we will have to start our OWN missing Children's Network for TV and do 24/7 stories until these cases in our State are solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413