FL FL - Adji Desir, 6, Immokalee, 10 Jan 2009 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope she picks up Adji's story and she drops the A's story. Adji is still missing and needs to be found and brought home. The focus should be on the children that are missing and their families, I do see this as a ratings grab.

Can you imagine how much good she could have done simply by sharing the cover of her magazine with Adjii instead of Michele?

Thanks Danaya - I haven't watched her show in years. I can see what you are saying though, especially with the recent news that the Anthony's will be on. I just can't figure out WHY they would be on Oprah. So Oprah wants the drama also.

It may take me a day or two to compose the email. I really want to find a way to hit on some DRAMA. The only thing I can think is to really play up the "murderer in the neighborhood" theory or the human traffic'ing theory. I'm open to ideas.......

I personaly don't believe Adji was kidnapped into human traficking, just because, even though some children and people are most aren't. Most child abductions are the result of a sick mind with sick compulsions and the innocent end up fullfilling them, unfortunately.

Has anyone ever thought maybe Adji had an accident along the way some where?

However, I think if you want Oprah's attention she'd jump on that theory. She dedicated an entire show to pediofiles escpecially the ones on-line. But I'll be honest, the chances of Oprah dedicating an entire show to a missing child isn't realistic. She only talks about big things in the news ocassionaly, that her audience is already aware of. Even if she were to have a show about missing kids, I don't think she would do it. She never does that stuff anymore. But is Montel still on? He used to do that a lot.

Unfortunately, I think since it's been so long I'm not sure what help the media exposure would be. I know we should have hope, but statisticaly speaking... Oh well, all the power to you!

A nationally known psychic is heading to Southwest Florida to do her part in the search for Adji Desir.

Psychic Gale St. John is slated to arrive in Immokalee tonight and will start searching Thursday for 6-year-old Adji, who has been missing since Jan. 10.

In an interview today, St. John said she would be arriving at Orlando International Airport this afternoon and then drive down to Immokalee.

However St. John, who is traveling with her daughter Tamara, said she has not reached out to Adji’s family.

"We don’t seek out the family to bother them," she said adding that she respects the family’s privacy, but that they should feel free to contact her.

St. John has appeared on Gerald Rivera's 'At Large', Larry King Live, CNN's 'Nancy Grace' and Psychic Detectives, (Court TV ). St. John claimed to have located Caylee Anthony's body months before authorities did.

(snipped)

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2009/apr/15/nationally-known-psychic-search-adji/

Thanks Danaya - I haven't watched her show in years. I can see what you are saying though, especially with the recent news that the Anthony's will be on. I just can't figure out WHY they would be on Oprah. So Oprah wants the drama also.

It may take me a day or two to compose the email. I really want to find a way to hit on some DRAMA. The only thing I can think is to really play up the "murderer in the neighborhood" theory or the human traffic'ing theory. I'm open to ideas.......

Salem

PS - Mywarmbluefleece - thank you for the information on the Creole language. I did not know Creole was spoken in Haiti - I thought it was only spoken in Lousiana. :crazy:

I think the only "drama" is that this is a small boy who has a developmental disability AND has a language barrier. Meaning, he is even more helpless than other missing children. Unfortunately, his parents also have a language barrier, which means less media time for them.

There are also similarities with Sandra's case as both disappeared within a close-knit neighborhood, when they just went out to play with friends. I am praying Adji didn't have the same fate as Sandra.

WHY is Adji's case not covered like Caylee, Hayleigh and Sandra? Is it because he's a boy or because of his race? This, IMHO, is just a huge injustice for Adji!

These are topics that I think Oprah could address effectively.

And, WTH are there so many missing children in my state of Florida????

Thanks for letting me vent:)

Missing Black Men Get Even Less Media Than Black Women
by Diasia Ellerbee
NNPA Special Correspondent
Originally posted 4/15/2009

“Why don't you talk about me? Don't you care where I might be? Am I the wrong color to have my story on TV?''

“Why don't I get air time? Is it the fact that I don't have naturally straight hair? Is it that America isn't interested? Is it that America just doesn't care?”

“So ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, FOX News Why don't you talk about me?! Don't you care where I might be?! Am I the wrong color to have my story on TV?!”

Each one above is from the poem “Black Woman Missing” by George L. Cook III. The poem represents the lack of national media focus on missing Black women - but, Black males get even less.

According to Connie Marstiller of the National Crime Information Center, there were 614,925 people missing in 2008 under the age of 18. About 16 percent, were Black men.

During that same year there were 163,239 people missing over the age of 18, according to Marstiller. Approximately 14 percent, represent missing Black males over the age 18.

African-American men and boys such as William Van Croft IV,17, Wallace Richards, 23, Dennis Palmer, 44, and Adji Desir, 6, are currently missing and have not yet received the national media attention as other missing people such as Laci Peterson, Elizabeth Smart, or Haleigh Cummings; White women usually get more attention than men of all races when they are missing.

Blackandmissing.blogspot.com is an online blog site that is dedicated to informing the public about missing Black children both male and female that may or may not have been heard about in the media.

According to blackandmissing.blogspot.com Adji Desir is an African-American boy who has been missing since January 10 from Immokalee, Fla. Desir has the mental capacity of a 2-year-old and is developmentally disabled.

If you put both these names in Yahoo’s search engine, Adji Desir name will produce 478,000 results. Haleigh Cummings name will produce 4,440,000 results, which is 10 percent more.

Both children went missing around the same time and in the same state. Although conditions of their disappearances are different, does race or gender play a factor in the national media attention that they receive?

(snipped)

http://www.seattlemedium.com/News/article/article.asp?NewsID=95798&sID=3&ItemSource=L

Can you imagine how much good she could have done simply by sharing the cover of her magazine with Adjii instead of Michele?

I think we need to get a publishing company to help us start a WEBSLEUTHS magazine! We could have stories about Caylee and Haleigh and all the other high profile cases to draw in readers. And then THOSE stories are the ones with the little blurbs, while stories like Adji's get much more coverage and space on the cover.

Oh how I love to dream...

Missing Black Men Get Even Less Media Than Black Women
by Diasia Ellerbee
NNPA Special Correspondent
Originally posted 4/15/2009

“Why don't you talk about me? Don't you care where I might be? Am I the wrong color to have my story on TV?''

“Why don't I get air time? Is it the fact that I don't have naturally straight hair? Is it that America isn't interested? Is it that America just doesn't care?”

“So ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, FOX News Why don't you talk about me?! Don't you care where I might be?! Am I the wrong color to have my story on TV?!”

Each one above is from the poem “Black Woman Missing” by George L. Cook III. The poem represents the lack of national media focus on missing Black women - but, Black males get even less.

According to Connie Marstiller of the National Crime Information Center, there were 614,925 people missing in 2008 under the age of 18. About 16 percent, were Black men.

During that same year there were 163,239 people missing over the age of 18, according to Marstiller. Approximately 14 percent, represent missing Black males over the age 18.

African-American men and boys such as William Van Croft IV,17, Wallace Richards, 23, Dennis Palmer, 44, and Adji Desir, 6, are currently missing and have not yet received the national media attention as other missing people such as Laci Peterson, Elizabeth Smart, or Haleigh Cummings; White women usually get more attention than men of all races when they are missing.

Blackandmissing.blogspot.com is an online blog site that is dedicated to informing the public about missing Black children both male and female that may or may not have been heard about in the media.

According to blackandmissing.blogspot.com Adji Desir is an African-American boy who has been missing since January 10 from Immokalee, Fla. Desir has the mental capacity of a 2-year-old and is developmentally disabled.

If you put both these names in Yahoo’s search engine, Adji Desir name will produce 478,000 results. Haleigh Cummings name will produce 4,440,000 results, which is 10 percent more.

Both children went missing around the same time and in the same state. Although conditions of their disappearances are different, does race or gender play a factor in the national media attention that they receive?

(snipped)

http://www.seattlemedium.com/News/article/article.asp?NewsID=95798&sID=3&ItemSource=L

Exactly, I mean, I'm white and I can admit there is a media bias. It may not be a huge bias but there is one. I don't think it's completely drama, I think that there is a race factor and that's my personal opinion. Oh, and watching Nancy Grace. Sandra Cantu was very pretty/cute and had caucasion features, the picture they are flashing now shows the child with blonde hair. I know she was asian but it makes me wonder.

Adji lives in Farmworkers Village. This man was arrested for trying to have sex with a 12 year old there. While I don't think it has much to do with Adji, I thought I'd just post it FYI.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2009...pted-sex-12-year-old/?partner=yahoo_headlines

Thank you for this article.

He raped her, not ATTEMPTED to have sex, as the article quotes the Sheriff's Office saying:

When the condom broke, Cephat made the 12-year-old peform a sex act on him, the Sheriff’s Office reported.

Adji lives in Farmworkers Village. This man was arrested for trying to have sex with a 12 year old there. While I don't think it has much to do with Adji, I thought I'd just post it FYI.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2009...pted-sex-12-year-old/?partner=yahoo_headlines

Thank you for this article.

IMO, he raped her, not ATTEMPTED to have sex, as the article quotes the Sheriff's Office saying:

When the condom broke, Cephat made the 12-year-old peform a sex act on him, the Sheriff’s Office reported.

I think the only "drama" is that this is a small boy who has a developmental disability AND has a language barrier. Meaning, he is even more helpless than other missing children.

I've not commented on this case before, but that would be exactly why he could be controlled and contained more easily than another child. It will not surprise me that this child has been imprisoned right under LE's noses. If that is the case, maybe he still is alive and has been tortured all of this time.

Detractors don't detour psychic's search for Adji in Immokalee area

By ELYSA BATISTA (Contact)
Originally published 3:35 p.m., Thursday, April 16, 2009
Updated 8:02 p.m., Thursday, April 16, 2009

IMMOKALEE — You won’t see Gale St. John walking around with a crystal ball or standing about with her arms outstretched asking for divine intervention — that’s not her style.

“We were out here around 6:30 a.m.,” St. John, 50, said Thursday. “We don’t want to draw too much attention. It’s hard to work, when you have that going on.”

However, St. John, a nationally-known psychic, has started making the rounds in Immokalee to help in the search of 6-year-old Adji Desir, who has been missing from Farm Workers Village since Jan. 10.

In an interview at the Village, St. John said she came down to Florida to help with the Adji case after a number of requests for help from concerned residents.

“So many citizens of the state of Florida kept e-mailing me and asking me, ‘Could you please come down and look into the Adji and Haleigh case,” St. John said.

St. John will remain in Immokalee through Sunday, when she is scheduled to travel to the Satsuma area to search for 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings, who has been missing since Feb. 10.

The one thing that has struck St. John, is what she called media prejudice in the coverage of Adji’s case.

(snipped)

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2009/apr/16/psychic-searches-adji-immokalee-area/

Another child that should be home with his family. It is heartbreaking indeed.

Detractors don't detour psychic's search for Adji in Immokalee area

By ELYSA BATISTA (Contact)
Originally published 3:35 p.m., Thursday, April 16, 2009
Updated 8:02 p.m., Thursday, April 16, 2009

IMMOKALEE — You won’t see Gale St. John walking around with a crystal ball or standing about with her arms outstretched asking for divine intervention — that’s not her style.

“We were out here around 6:30 a.m.,” St. John, 50, said Thursday. “We don’t want to draw too much attention. It’s hard to work, when you have that going on.”

However, St. John, a nationally-known psychic, has started making the rounds in Immokalee to help in the search of 6-year-old Adji Desir, who has been missing from Farm Workers Village since Jan. 10.

In an interview at the Village, St. John said she came down to Florida to help with the Adji case after a number of requests for help from concerned residents.

“So many citizens of the state of Florida kept e-mailing me and asking me, ‘Could you please come down and look into the Adji and Haleigh case,” St. John said.

St. John will remain in Immokalee through Sunday, when she is scheduled to travel to the Satsuma area to search for 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings, who has been missing since Feb. 10.

The one thing that has struck St. John, is what she called media prejudice in the coverage of Adji’s case.
(snipped)

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2009/apr/16/psychic-searches-adji-immokalee-area/

My color above-so it isn't just our imagination.

Twelve! She is twelve! What is wrong with this world? And does this man have a record of raping other children? I'll try to figure out how to search that.

Thank you for posting this. You never know what might be a lead.

Psychic believes missing Adji may still be in Immokalee area

IMMOKALEE — A nationally known psychic continued her search Saturday for a missing Immokalee boy, suggesting at one point that he still may be in the Immokalee area.

Gale St. John continued to search for 6-year-old Adji Desir, who has been missing from his home in Farm Workers Village since Jan. 10.

“It’s not only about being psychic always, it’s about properly searching the area,” St. John said Saturday.

On day three of her search, St. John, along with her daughter, Tamra, and a Naples volunteer physically searched a wooded area behind the Immokalee housing complex.

“This is just too large for three people to do,” she said. “We want to be so sure that we have covered every square inch of this village.”

She suggested that the area be divided into grid sections and searched again.

“I’m not feeling anything that alerts me to him actually leaving in a state of panic ... which leads me to believe that he may very well be in this area still,” St. John said.

St. John visited the housing complex Thursday and Friday to do what she calls a “blind drive,” to get a sense of the area and find locations that have a possible connection with where Adji was last seen.

She said it led her to the child’s grandmother’s house, a playground and to Buffalo Court, a street on the north side of Farm Workers Village.

(snipped)

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2009/apr/18/psychic-believes-missing-adji-may-still-be-immokal/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413