FL FL - Adji Desir, 6, Immokalee, 10 Jan 2009 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to thank you, and every poster on this thread who hasn't forgotten Adji. I know I never really will now. Those feelings of helplessness and frustration can weigh us all down at times. Lets keep plugging along. I am delighted to read new ideas for who we should write to, because I never would have thought of more than a few of them, I'm sure. Thanks again to all of Adji's friends here, and even if I don't have anything to post everyday, I rarely miss a day checking in.

Adji -

I'm thinking of you and wish you would be found!!

God please bless Adji's Mother and Grandmother on this Mother's Day. I know it will be very hard for them. And please hear their prayers for him to come home to them. Amen.

bumping for Adji..still waiting and praying for you little man

Bump for Adji, his thread had fallen to the 2nd page again.

Does anyone that is following this case have a POC in media they could contact and request not just a general followup but make a suggestion of a sort of personal interest story.

My thoughts were that a translator could be used to interview Adji's family and even perhaps his bio-dad, that way it would keep his story fresh...hopefully?

TIA for anyone that has a contact and is up to the work.

Just thinking - wouldn't it be wonderful if Michelle Obama would mention Adji's name and the hunt for him ........ just thinking. Also keeping Adji on the first page.

FWIW: Just emailed the White House to get Adji some attention. I know, I know - I will get an auto responder email but heck you just never know.

Bump for Adji, his thread had fallen to the 2nd page again.

Does anyone that is following this case have a POC in media they could contact and request not just a general followup but make a suggestion of a sort of personal interest story.

My thoughts were that a translator could be used to interview Adji's family and even perhaps his bio-dad, that way it would keep his story fresh...hopefully?

TIA for anyone that has a contact and is up to the work.

I agree Kat, that's a good idea. My sister in law works in media relations at the Orlando Sentinel. I could try to contact her and see what they can do. It may be a long shot though because she is the one that does all the marketing, basically, but I can see if she can at least get the ball rolling on talking to someone there.

:blowkiss: thanks Kaylynn.

The reason I thought of suggesting that type of interview is that before I started following missing children's stories, I always was interested in personal interest stories. In fact, those type of stories lead me to missing children.

I'll keep my fingers crossed we can get some type of media coverage, anything just to keep his name out there in the media on a regular basis...you just never know.

:blowkiss: thanks Kaylynn.

The reason I thought of suggesting that type of interview is that before I started following missing children's stories, I always was interested in personal interest stories. In fact, those type of stories lead me to missing children.

I'll keep my fingers crossed we can get some type of media coverage, anything just to keep his name out there in the media on a regular basis...you just never know.

something like 20/20 on abc?

This is a link to a blog/article. I don't think it's anything "official", but I found it interesting. Kind of that "story" feeling that you're all talking about. I think that your ideas of getting his family to do an interview woudl be great. I just watched the story of Mikelle Biggs on 20/20 last night, and that show could be great for Adji too, I think. But anyway, here is the blog.

Adji Desir: America’s Forgotten?

Its been so long for Adji he has been missing for what seems an eternity. He disappeared from his grandmothers front yard on January 10, 2009 at around 5:15pm. He went outside to play with some friends and vanished just fifteen minutes or so later. Never to be seen again. Poor Adji his nickname is Ji Ji. Just adorable.

More: http://www..net/120752

This is a link to a blog/article. I don't think it's anything "official", but I found it interesting. Kind of that "story" feeling that you're all talking about. I think that your ideas of getting his family to do an interview woudl be great. I just watched the story of Mikelle Biggs on 20/20 last night, and that show could be great for Adji too, I think. But anyway, here is the blog.

Adji Desir: America’s Forgotten?

Its been so long for Adji he has been missing for what seems an eternity. He disappeared from his grandmothers front yard on January 10, 2009 at around 5:15pm. He went outside to play with some friends and vanished just fifteen minutes or so later. Never to be seen again. Poor Adji his nickname is Ji Ji. Just adorable.

More: http://www..net/120752

I had read this blog entry before but noticed there are a few more comments now. As of the time of my posting this the last comment there (by Hollys g-mom, posted 5/17 at 3:11 a.m.) is an eyeful. It took my breath away to read it actually. The post starts this way: "The Psychic that went to look for Adji did not find him unfortunately, however, she was abe (sic) to gather some very important info that LE had not yet been aware of." The post doesn't provide a link to where this info within the post came from nor does it indicate that the info was necessarily given to LE working on Adji's case.

Does anyone here have any links or sources for this info and I've just missed it?

Oh.. the info given in the post supposedly goes back to Gale St. John and WARNING it's likely to make you sad to read it and think it could be true.

FWIW: Just emailed the White House to get Adji some attention. I know, I know - I will get an auto responder email but heck you just never know.

That is a great idea. I think I will go around the web site and the news sites and send some emails to people near the Pres and First Lady. Like the guy who does her hair. LOL You just never know who might have a heart for a missing child.

Thanks for the idea!!!

We love you Adji.

bumping for little Ji Ji. Where are you, sweet little boy?

Child Safety event in Collier

COLLIER COUNTY: The Collier County Sheriff's Office will host a child safety event on Monday to honor National Missing Children's Day.

The event will serve as a public reminder to renew efforts to reunite missing children with their families, remember those who are still missing and make child protection a national priority.

It will take place at Coastland Center mall near Dillard's from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Biometric fingerprinting will be provided by CCSO and the Naples Police Department.

The Collier County community will remember these local children who have gone missing:

Adji Desir, 6, was last seen Jan. 10 after he went outside to play in Farm Worker Village in Immokalee and disappeared. Adji is 3 feet tall and 45 pounds with short black hair and dark eyes. He is developmentally disabled and functions on a 2-year-old level. He has a limited vocabulary. He understands Creole, but cannot speak it. He knows his name, but cannot say it.

(snipped)

Plus, 11 more missing children included at the link:(

http://www.nbc-2.com/articles/readarticle.asp?articleid=29902&z=3

I wonder if the local kids know more than they are saying.

Keeping kids safe
By Nicole Papageorge, WINK News

Story Created: May 25, 2009 at 6:08 PM EDT

Story Updated: May 26, 2009 at 11:31 AM EDT
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. - Nearly 800-thousand children are reported missing each year across the country. Most cases are runaways, family abductions, or the kids simply get lost.

On Monday, officials remembered those missing in Collier during National Missing Children's Day. They also worked to keep other children safe.

Local law enforcement officials say when a child goes missing, the first few hours are the most critical to a quick recovery.

(snipped)

http://www.winknews.com/news/local/46006337.html

I'm hoping there was more coverage of this event, but this is all I found:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads