Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is good news Idaho

I am still hoping to see more national coverage as the January (sad) date draws near

I don't know why "some" cases get so much more attention than others...but I do hope the media will pay some attention to Adji

if you have places we can write to please let me know..thanks in advance

IMMOKALEE _ Christmas for the family of Adji Desir will be bittersweet this year.

The family members will mourn their first holiday season without Adji and celebrate his seven-month-old sister Adjiani’s first.

“I miss my son,” said Marie Neida, 36. “My heart is very sad. I need to see him again.”

It’s been 11 months since the now 7-year-old Adji was last seen playing outside of his grandmother’s house in Farm Worker Village in Immokalee on Jan. 10, while his mother was at work.

(snipped)

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2009...investigation-missing-adji-desir/?partner=RSS

From daisy's link above:

In addition, Adji’s photo was featured on a national direct-mail advertising flier distributed to 75 million homes across the United States from Nov. 8 through Dec. 13.

“We were able to get a lot of exposure for the case,” said Robert Lowery, executive director for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children’s Missing Children division.

Between the mailing campaign and the People magazine article, Becker said another 40 to 50 tips were received.

Well, apparently the mailing campaign is over. Did ANYONE here see a flier? I'm glad that some people did, as they received some tips. But I think they need a better method, since 9/10 of us were supposed to see something.

Praying for Adji's family this holiday season, and for little Adjiana.

Merry Christmas, Adji. You are not forgotten.

I can't believe it will soon be a year since Adji disappeared.:(

9:25 A.M. — Nearly one year after Adji Desir's disappearance, the Collier County Sheriff's Office continues to follow up on tips and leads in the hope of bringing the 7-year-old Immokalee boy home.

"I'm still optimistic that someone within Collier County has information that will lead us in a direction that will help us focus on whether this is a case of Adji just walking off and getting into trouble, or whether someone took Adji from Farm Worker Village. And I am looking forward to that call," said Sgt. Ken Becker, who is overseeing the CCSO investigation into Adji's disappearance.

(snipped)

http://www.news-press.com/article/20100107/CRIME/100107016/1002/RSS01

One year later, family and community still has hope of finding Adji Desir

The picture of the smiling boy hangs prominently in Marie Neida and Antal Elant’s Immokalee home.

It’s one of the many daily reminders of what they’ve lost and pray to someday regain.

“I feel that they will find him one day,” said Elant, 42. “Everyday I go out and I think I will get the call that they’ve found Adji... we must have patience.”

On Sunday, it will have been a year since the now 7-year-old Adji Desir was last seen playing outside his grandmother’s house in Farm Workers Village in Immokalee on Jan. 10, 2009, while his mother was at work.

(snipped)

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2010/jan/07/one-year-later-family-and-community-still-has-hope/

Adji - I think about you every day and I, too, have hope you will be found and soon!

Thank you for the updates...

Jan 10th is almost here...I hope there will be more news stories out there about Adji

A year gone and little Adji still missing, but not forgotten!​

Just wanted to add a little video one of our volunteers made to mark this sad day.
we hope all the video's and news people are releasing this week help bring in new information.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9WsiH1qWu8

If anyone would like to leave a little comment on this page too it would be very welcomed​

One year....so sad...Prayers for this little guy

Thank you for the video

Ji Ji - I can't believe it's been a year since you disappeared. Where are you sweet boy?

Actually - I am beyond appalled that this story went no where in the media. People don't just vaporize. He is somewhere, and I believe somebody saw something. I wish I lived on the other side of the country so I could help in some way.

One year later - Adji Desir still missing

In the 12 months that have passed since Adji vanished from Immokalee's Farmworker's Village, hundreds of tips have come in and the case has gotten national attention. But investigators remain baffled about the little boy's disappearance.

His picture still hangs on the wall of his home and Adji's mother, Maria Neida, says there is not a day that goes by in which she doesn't think he'll come home.

"I miss him so much," said Neida. "I still cry, cry, cry every day - every day."

http://www.abc-7.com/Global/story.asp?S=11792579

Video at link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members