FL FL - Adji Desir, 6, Immokalee, 10 Jan 2009 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Adji, out of all the famous and infamous people in the world who are here and gone, you are remembered and loved more than many of them. You never hurt a soul but you have touched many. You are the child of many people. One thing that I look forward to when I pass to the afterlife is meeting you there some day. You will be able to speak with the tongue of an angel and we can praise our lord together. I know that your mother will hold you then and never let you go. I am so sorry that this world was so unkind to you. You deserved so much better.

I just saw an episode of Disappeared about two missing men - Felipe Santos and Terrence Williams. The suspect in that case is a now former cop named Steven Calkins. Felipe Santos was from Immokalee. Something about these other cases made me wonder if Calkins could be a suspect in Adji's case. Calkins appears to have used his role as a police officer to "do something" to these two men. I wonder if he may have links to Adji's case. Although the "profile" of two men as victims doesn't seem to fit a person who would abduct a child in my opinion there were definite racial overtones to the cases of Santos and Williams. I wonder if the victim profile here is not one of age but rather one of race. Perhaps Calkins (who seems to have acted upon sudden opportunity in the missing men cases) went on to abduct Adji (seemingly a case of sudden opportunity as well) because he no longer had the power and authority that a police badge offered and therefore could not continue to prey on grown men?

What does everyone else think? Was Calkins still in the area when Adji disappeared?

Adji, out of all the famous and infamous people in the world who are here and gone, you are remembered and loved more than many of them. You never hurt a soul but you have touched many. You are the child of many people. One thing that I look forward to when I pass to the afterlife is meeting you there some day. You will be able to speak with the tongue of an angel and we can praise our lord together. I know that your mother will hold you then and never let you go. I am so sorry that this world was so unkind to you. You deserved so much better.

I think of Adji all the time .He reminds me so much of my youngest son,who has the same challenges .
I'd like to replace every mention of Casey Anthony in the media with attention to Adji and all the precious missing children. We live in a crazy world.

Such beautiful, profound posts. Thank you both.

So long since I have posted, but you have never left my heart or thoughts. Your little face lives in my memory forever. I love you though I never knew you. You remind me so of little boy I worked with at my sister's rehabilitation center who has CP. He was a little angel like you from a poor family. The school system in Selma Alabama tried to send my little sister to a school my parents were afraid of after visiting. They tried to fight the school system there and of course lost as we were also people of modest means. The problem for her was she was the only person in the public school there for multi-handicapped persons of her age in a wheelchair. I still cannot believe how unfairly she was treated.
However, my parents would not accept this, and after fighting and losing moved one hundred miles to Birmingham Alabama where she was placed in the most wonderful public school program with wonderful teachers and we could not have asked for her to be treated better.
The sad part is, about a year after we moved here for those reasons, I was told by my mother that although my father had asked her not to even tell me, they had learned a little boy who I loved and had worked with on a volunteer basis in Selma, had been sent to the same school my parents fought for my sister not to be sent to. He was thereafter left on a bus in hot weather to die. He could not speak. He could not move his arms to knock on a window. He was helpless. I have relived this in nightmares more times than I can tell you. He looked so much like Adji, it breaks my heart, although that does not matter really, it just makes it closer to me.
While I have had a hellish life for the past several years with my own son, my only son, and have not been able to put all the energy I would like into Adji's case, I did try, but I will never feel like I did enough as so many more here did so much more for so much longer.
Thankfully, the Lord has seemed to answer my prayers in finally saving my own son from his demons, and allowing me to think of anything other than him for a change. I would hope that others are still thinking of Adji. I know it seems hopeless, but miracles happen, and if nothing else, I do hope and pray some resolution can come to his poor family. Bless all of you who cared and tried for so long as I'm sure you still had your own lives and trials to deal with and I am not alone in not having a perfect life, although maybe I am not as strong as some of you. Let us not forget Adji. God bless and take care. Jennifer

http://newsone.com/2015292/adji-desir-2012/

"NewsOne has partnered with the Black and Missing Foundation and TV One to focus on the crisis of missing African Americans."

"To be a part of the solution, NewsOne will profile a missing person weekly and provide tips about how to keep your loved ones safe and what to do if someone goes missing, while TV One‘s newest show, “Find Our Missing,” hosted by award-winning actress S. Epatha Merkerson, tells these stories in visual form."

(more at link re: Adji)

Just thinking about ya, kiddo.
Three years is a long time for you and your family. How do they get through the day?

I saw Adji's picture and his age progressed one on a coupon insert in the paper yesterday. It was printed by NCMEC and missingkids.com along with RedPlum.
I sure wish someone would call in with some info.

Adji dear blessed child where are you. Prayers for you and your family and I am holding out hope for a miracle.

eleph

Adji,
I can’t stand seeing your thread back here on the missing but not forgotten link, I want your thread in the found link!!
More so, It upsets me that you are still missing in this county, which is one of the richest in America, there need to be a fresh breath of air in this case we have the resource use to do anything it takes to find you.
I want to stir things up here and get your face on the front page and have people out searching for you all over the world again.
Something has to be done to bring you home your new baby sister wants to meet you and your family misses you so much.
I will make a difference in this case and make sure no one forgets you.
There are so many of us here who love you....

I just saw an episode of Disappeared about two missing men - Felipe Santos and Terrence Williams. The suspect in that case is a now former cop named Steven Calkins. Felipe Santos was from Immokalee. Something about these other cases made me wonder if Calkins could be a suspect in Adji's case. Calkins appears to have used his role as a police officer to "do something" to these two men. I wonder if he may have links to Adji's case. Although the "profile" of two men as victims doesn't seem to fit a person who would abduct a child in my opinion there were definite racial overtones to the cases of Santos and Williams. I wonder if the victim profile here is not one of age but rather one of race. Perhaps Calkins (who seems to have acted upon sudden opportunity in the missing men cases) went on to abduct Adji (seemingly a case of sudden opportunity as well) because he no longer had the power and authority that a police badge offered and therefore could not continue to prey on grown men?

What does everyone else think? Was Calkins still in the area when Adji disappeared?

I didn't see this episode, but giving your thoughts another slant. I wonder if the two men were involved in Adji's disappearance and Calkins was seeking his own form of vengeance?

Well, little man, you will have a birthday soon and turn 10 years old! I have not forgotten you; none of us have. You often cross my mind at random times during a day. Your life had a purpose, please know that. You have value. I don't know why things happen to innocent little children, but they do. I look forward to meeting you in a better place. You will be surprised at how many friends you made on this earth. We love you.

I didn't see this episode, but giving your thoughts another slant. I wonder if the two men were involved in Adji's disappearance and Calkins was seeking his own form of vengeance?

You guys are making me think that someday we may find out what happened to Adji. Just to know and to have "closure." Although I may not want to know what happened.

Well, little man, you will have a birthday soon and turn 10 years old! I have not forgotten you; none of us have. You often cross my mind at random times during a day. Your life had a purpose, please know that. You have value. I don't know why things happen to innocent little children, but they do. I look forward to meeting you in a better place. You will be surprised at how many friends you made on this earth. We love you.

10 years old! I can hardly believe it... Almost 4 years missing. :( Where are you, little Adji??? We're all still pulling for you!

Thanks for following up. I didn't know it wasn't in the same time period.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joybird99
Back