FL - Alize and Tre Seymore charged with caging and torturing 6-year old son before letting him drown in bathtub - June 17, 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Ebon

Former Member
Reaction score

Alize-Seymore-Tre-Seymore-and-Anthony-Rouse-Polk-County-Sheriffs-Office-and-WTSP-screenshot.jpg

The mother and stepfather of a 6-year-old boy in Florida have been arrested for allegedly torturing the child — locking him in cages, asphyxiating him until he fell asleep, withholding food, and physically abusing him — until he ultimately drowned to death while locked in a pitch black bathroom with no electricity and being forced to take a bath.

Alize and Tre Seymore were taken into custody and charged with multiple counts of aggravated child abuse by aggravated battery and tampering with evidence in the death of young Anthony Rouse.

According to a probable cause affidavit, deputies with the Polk County Sheriff’s Office responded at about 3:20 p.m. on April 22, 2023, to an emergency call at a home in Eagle Lake on a report of a child drowning in a bathtub.

Once there, first responders found Anthony and took him to St. Joseph’s Hospital in Tampa, where he was placed on life support. He was monitored for two days and showed no brain activity before doctors pronounced him dead.

An autopsy concluded that the boy had signs of regular physical abuse.

Investigators summarized their findings as follows:

Alize and Tre frequently discussed with one another about willfully putting the victim into a dog cage as a form of torture and malicious punishment. Furthermore, Alize and Tre also used [the other children] as aides to help put the victim in the cage and hide the victim from people who would come over to the residence. Alize also facilitated locking the victim in his room along with her other children. Alize would direct [redacted] to lock the victim and other children in the bedroom. Alize also rewarded [redacted] and [redacted] with food/candy if they beat the victim up at her direction. Additionally, Tre would single out the victim and “take him swimming” as a form of torture and malicious punishment. The investigative findings above, coupled with the concerning observations of neglect noted at the incident location, show the on-going abuse and neglect perpetrated by Tre and Alize; ultimately, leading to the death of the victim.

Tre and Alize's joint tiktok account is named: @theseymorefamily (tre and Alize (kissy face emoji) [insert barf emoji from me here]

bio reads: just a trucker trying to give my kids a better life!!! Trying to get 1K!!!

I wonder what the child's medical issue was that required daily medication that they were denying him? After what I have been reading this morning in the spotlight children - crimes section I feel a sabbatical coming on. I am not sure how many more of these I can read about without losing my literal poo.

Disgusting what they did to these kids. Why would a 6 y/o need medication for outbursts?! Try feeding him and being kind and the poor boy wouldn’t likely be that way. Good God.

I hope the remaining kids are safe, fed and will learn that the abuse they suffered isn’t normal.

Man that affidavit is a tough tough read.
How many children did they have after this poor child was born? 7 total, and it seems there is a newborn. She repeatedly says that she hates the boy, and bemoanes the difficulty she's having with all of the children. Why keep having more?

These 2 are absolutely evil. Absolutely evil!

Tre and Alize's joint tiktok account is named: @theseymorefamily (tre and Alize (kissy face emoji) [insert barf emoji from me here]

bio reads: just a trucker trying to give my kids a better life!!! Trying to get 1K!!!

I wonder what the child's medical issue was that required daily medication that they were denying him? After what I have been reading this morning in the spotlight children - crimes section I feel a sabbatical coming on. I am not sure how many more of these I can read about without losing my literal poo.
Me too. How do the surviving children ever get past this kind of horror. I understand the Turpin children had a really tough time after they went into foster care. The kids pay the biggest price.

Interesting that neither is being charged with manslaughter or murder.

There are 10 counts for Tre (the Dad) are listed as:
CHILD ABUSE
CAUSE MINOR TO BECOME DELINQUENT/DEPENDENT/NEEDY
AGG CHILD ABUSE BY AGG BATTERY

There are 11 counts for Alize (the Mom) are listed as:
TAMPER/HARASS WITNESS VICTIM OR INFORMANT
CHILD ABUSE
CAUSE MINOR TO BECOME DELINQUENT/DEPENDENT/NEEDY
AGG CHILD ABUSE BY AGG BATTERY

I really feel that school should be mandatory now in the United States. We have seen so many "homeschooled" children on WS, who are victims of horrible abuse.
They at least need a physical check in weekly at the school building. Have the gym set up to check everyone in with a little area to quietly talk to the child without the parents listening.

Send them home with a food bag so they're getting a little nutrition of some sort. Cans of pasta, chili, veggies, microwave mac n cheese, etc. Here the local libraries have free snack bags for all kids up to age 18. The children go up to the counter and the lady hands them out. It's a little paper sack filled with snacks. The kids can come every day if they want to. The adults are not allowed to take them without their children present.

The mother and stepfather of a 6-year-old boy who drowned in a bathtub back in April have been indicted for murder and multiple other offenses in the shocking torture case.

Authorities say that Anthony Rouse was drowned in a bathtub weeks after he was locked away in a dog cage as punishment for “stealing” a “handful of noodles.” The day before he died, his mother allegedly texted “I wanna put him for adoption.”

Alize Seymore (a.k.a. Alize Blancita Rivera), 25, and Tre Shaquile Seymore, 27, tried and failed to pass off the boy’s death as a suicide, according to Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd. The mom and stepdad allegedly created a reward system whereby other boys in the home would be given candy or other food items if they joined in on physical abuse of Anthony.

“Jail is too good for them. Hell is too good for them,” Sheriff Judd told WTSP. “But that’s the only option we have.”

They at least need a physical check in weekly at the school building. Have the gym set up to check everyone in with a little area to quietly talk to the child without the parents listening.

Send them home with a food bag so they're getting a little nutrition of some sort. Cans of pasta, chili, veggies, microwave mac n cheese, etc. Here the local libraries have free snack bags for all kids up to age 18. The children go up to the counter and the lady hands them out. It's a little paper sack filled with snacks. The kids can come every day if they want to. The adults are not allowed to take them without their children present.
It sounds good, but awfully big brotherish. As soon and the first allegations against abusers became public, the whole thing would fall apart, and only the caring parents would ever show up. The rats would stay hidden.

Alize Seymore, 25, and Tre Shaquile Seymore, 27, were arrested in May, a month after Anthony Rouse was found unresponsive in a bathtub in their home.

The child was not named in court or police records, but his father Andre Rouse confirmed his identity to PEOPLE.

Alize and Tre initially claimed the child died by suicide, WTSP News quoted Polk Sheriff Grady Judd as saying, but the police suspected otherwise. When Rouse was taken to two hospitals following the incident on April 22, staff from both places notified officials that they noticed signs of long-term physical abuse, according to an arrest affidavit PEOPLE reviewed

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back