FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bold by me. Many statements regarding this case are overly critical. Some things that are being thrown out there are just not right.

I agree. As far as people not getting an advanced education, some of them, probably the majority could have learning disabilities or ADD that was never treated during school years and they did not do well. Things like this can be inherited and affect different generations. Some explosive young men who do drugs are also self medicating. Some uneducated working people are good folks and would do anything for their family and friends.

Yeah, the shoe fits, no offense taken.... I just wanted to point out that I myself fit that "stereotype" from the time I was 15 when I left home and GOT MARRIED(:eek:) until I was about 30. It wasn't because I came from a dysfunctional, uneducated, or poor family. I came from a good family and one that I am extremely proud of to this day. We never lived in older apartments, trailers, had beat up cars OR had the utilitles shut off.
I was just stoopid! I thought I knew everything and that everyone else was an idiot. Did I mention that I was stoopid?
:blushing:

I was raised in a good family too and met and married a guy much like this ronald cummings. we lived in a trailer, had beat up cars, occasionally got our phone/power cut off. and all his friends were the same. nothing wrong with them...thats just life for them. thats how their parents lived and thats how they live. we even lived next to my inlaws and they lived in a trailer and we shared a water line. lord help us if we'd been on tv during that time what yall would have said about us, lol. us and everyone we knew smoked pot, did drugs, drank...but everyone worked every day too.

ive been gone from there for a very long time but i see the similarities in the situations.

like you, i thought i knew everything too, lol. lord was i stupid!

i didnt take offense either. i just thought it was a great description of "the life".

Here is an updated image with some markers...

I finished reading the report with the dog tracking. Below is a Google Earth image of the route, as I read it. I had to switch between Google and the Putnam County property appraiser to locate the pond and outbuilding in question.

Dogs went to the pond first, then the outbuilding, then followed a route north of the home (assuming the long driveway), left onto Monroe left onto and around Buchanan Circle, right onto Monroe, pass-thru redacted acted, right onto Buffalo Bluff and end at railroad crossing (yellow route).

The red route is an alternative route from Monroe to Buffalo Bluff.

picture.php
bumping it up so it doesn't get lost.

I just loved your effective and affective use of spacing! (nurse throws a cucumber and a carrot....with dip because you got me!!!)
mmm...so Chloe's dad is also her uncle...err...meant...step-uncle??? Yes...I do believe there needs to be a truckload of vegies thrown...:bang:

Fabvab, I totally know where you are coming from. And without being offensive on purpose, I'll try to explain.

Little education beyond 8th grade- and that lack of value in education tends to be passed on from one generation to the next. This results in a hard knock life that includes living from paycheck to paycheck, depending on government assistance like medicaid and food stamps. Since families like these do not place a high value on education, their children tend to have a high rate of school absences. They tend to live in lower income housing like older apartments and trailers. It's not uncommon for utilities to be shut off. Cars are often very old and not dependable. Children often born out of wedlock to teenagers and children of one mother often have two or more different fathers.

And living like this is neither temporary nor situational- it is a way of life.

And before anyone takes offense because ONE of these descriptions fits them or once fit them- I'm talking about people who live among many or all of these factors for most of their adult lives. And such tendencies tend to run in families.

Dang, Pirate. Didn't know you knew my family....ROFLMAO. And my brother and his son really did marry a mother and her daughter. No lie!!!!! :eek: (Me? I am college educated, RN who waited til I was 29 to marry, 30 when I had my only child, 200k home and have never lived with any man before marriage so the cycle can be broken! LOL)

Oh, yes, sleep daytime.

What "kind" of family do you mean specifically, of this "type?" They live in a trailer, and he's supporting his children while working. They are young. Please explain.

Can't speak for anyone else. Personally though I'm less concerned about income or education and more concerned about the "type" that has history of both drugs, and violence...

I wonder if Haleigh ever sleepwalked?

While carrying cinderblocks...? It would still leave alot to be accounted for...

On his emotional interview from 2/11/09 there's nothing on his neck. See the media links thread (post #25) for link.

Funny, but on someone cast overnight into the glaring media spotlight, guess I just assumed it was a hasty shaving cut from a dull razor... guess I'm naive...

Agreed... but am thinking to earlier that day she was playing with her "friends" and maybe the bloodhounds tracked on those scents as well.

Yes exactly, I mean at this point I'm wondering how little Haleigh could have trekked to the pond, then to tracks... gmab, these hounds can detect scents, but likely can't distinguish between scent from two hours vs ten hours, or even two days ago? I seriously doubt she did that much walking that evening--alone OR alongside an abductor. JMO

:parrot:

On C. Reynolds SO myspace - his #1 friend is Blinky the 13yo.

I have no words.

If you see my post a page back about the 13 y/o it appears (I am not myspace fluent) but appears that this friend became the number one friend on 01-29-09. I posted the cached page. SO dude has a profile pic holding a video camera. I really do hope someone has checked on the 13 y/o. He becomes friends with this SO and the SO isn't seen again after 02-01-09? The girls he has videos of appear to be underage to me as well, but they claim they are legal. I thought SO weren't allowed on social networking sites and that these sites were suppose to be looking for them and removing them. Yuck yuck yuck.

Fabvab, I totally know where you are coming from. And without being offensive on purpose, I'll try to explain.

Little education beyond 8th grade- and that lack of value in education tends to be passed on from one generation to the next. This results in a hard knock life that includes living from paycheck to paycheck, depending on government assistance like medicaid and food stamps. Since families like these do not place a high value on education, their children tend to have a high rate of school absences. They tend to live in lower income housing like older apartments and trailers. It's not uncommon for utilities to be shut off. Cars are often very old and not dependable. Children often born out of wedlock to teenagers and children of one mother often have two or more different fathers.

And living like this is neither temporary nor situational- it is a way of life. QUOTE]

Well said. And add an arm-long rap sheet for a cornucopia of drugs, paternity testing, nasty custody fights, Child protective services involvement ... Like I said, little Haleigh looks adorable in the photos, but she probably knew more about the seamy side of life than many people 5 times her age. Just a guess, but I'm betting plenty of *advertiser censored* found in the trailer, too. Protecting childhood innocence is a foreign concept in these circumstances.
where did *advertiser censored* come into this?????????

Do you sometimes hear dueling banjos in the background when these people are on TV? I don't mean to be mean, but..

Do you think they might have all gone out on double dates? :eek: LOL

OT/yet on topic- Tune in to 20/30- doing a show on poverty in Appalacia (sp) now- Very Interesting Social Commentary which I think sheds light on family dynamics (not the crime). Pls don't flame me!

Can't speak for anyone else. Personally though I'm less concerned about income or education and more concerned about the "type" that has history of both drugs, and violence...

While carrying cinderblocks...? It would still leave alot to be accounted for...

Funny, but on someone cast overnight into the glaring media spotlight, guess I just assumed it was a hasty shaving cut from a dull razor... guess I'm naive...

Yes exactly, I mean at this point I'm wondering how little Haleigh could have trekked to the pond, to the tracks... gmab these hounds can detect scents, but not likely distinguish between scent from two hours vs two days ago. I seriously doubt she did that much walking--alone OR alongside an abductor. JMO

:parrot:

Bloodhounds can absolutely tell the difference between a two day scent a two hour scent. They wouldn't be effective in this role if they couldn't. If you disappear, your last known site is more than likely going to be a location you have walked around more than once. They train and they follow the freshest trail.

A family member said, I think it was a grandma, "She hasn't wet the bed in two years."
However, bedwetting is a sign of stress and also sexual abuse, imo........

Hmmm....my daughter will be five in May. She does not wet the bed because...she wears pull-ups. For every three nights she goes dry she has one where she wakes up wearing a water balloon.

Should I be calling the cops. :waitasec:

Bloodhounds can absolutely tell the difference between a two day scent a two hour scent. They wouldn't be effective in this role if they couldn't. If you disappear, your last known site is more than likely going to be a location you have walked around more than once. They train and they follow the freshest trail.

So Hayleigh never left the area?

OT/yet on topic- Tune in to 20/30- doing a show on poverty in Appalacia (sp) now- Very Interesting Social Commentary which I think sheds light on family dynamics (not the crime). Pls don't flame me!

I was going to mention that too, but opted against it. I've noticed that a lot of folks in here seem to live in a bubble. Yes, people get high, live in trailers, smoke, and date girls much younger than them. None of these things make them more likely to do harm to a child. The notion is utterly absurd.

That 216 Clearwater address is not far from Satsuma. What was the address of Ron again?

While I can see why you would be looking at this Reynolds guy...do you know how many sexual predators have absconded in Florida?

RE:The bandage on Ronald - how tacky would it be to go get an offensive tattoo or even to get a hickey at a time like this?!? I would be willing to bet he probably hurt himself, shaving - or something. IMO, I just can't see him going out to get an offensive tattoo or a hickey but also why wear a bandage? I'd bet he just got a small injury.

RE: C. Reynolds the SO - I saw the cached page a few pages back but on the cached page, it didn't have 'Blinky's picture and it said "Taylor" (I'm pretty sure) so I didn't know if they were one in the same. A lot of the kids on CR's top 'whatever #' are underage. The first three are - the boys. The one that says 'Mr. Reynolds' Joseph' - it says his name is Joey Torres.
What the hell is going on with this dude?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow