FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this search one of the two searches being conducted today?

The fact that they both list one number could easily be because they weren't allowed back in the home. MC may not have a cell phone. She may have used the home phone.

Croslin called authorities to report the girl missing. Croslin said the girl had gone to the bathroom during the night and did not come back. She said a back door that had been locked was standing open, although it showed no signs of forced entry.

“They just moved into that trailer about three weeks ago, so someone could even have targeted a previous resident, or it could be some unknown child predator, but that’s tough,” Van Zandt said.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/29221053/

Wow, I just saw on the news that there are a ton of police searching a feild near the home. Has there been a good lead? That sure seems like a whole lot police to be searching that area.

do you havw a link?

What's so interesting about this area?

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/breaking/news-article.aspx?storyid=131452&catid=17

The search for Haleigh Cummings has moved to a grassy area less than ten miles from the home from where she vanished one week ago.
More than sixty law enforcement officers from a number of different agencies are combing a field off Highway 17 south of Haleigh's home.
Locals tell First Coast News the investigators have been in that area for the past two days.

i don't think misty was neccessarily trying to point the finger at this "cousin". it probably just came up when she was being questioned by police.

i have to imagine misty had a phone. it's too big of a hole in their story if she didn't. it is another very good question and great observation to notice misty and ron having the same phone# on the police report. hopefully LE has already thought of this and have the answer, but you never know.

Good am (here), really sorry no good news :( Reading today's news reports and threads, getting caught up. I'm sure LE informed them they wouldn't be given access to house so only dad's cell--not landline--was provided for both.

IIrc in the 911 call, Ron says that he has a gun and will use it, I am wondering now if maybe that gun was not registered, or that he was not suppose to have it. And after the 911 call, he or they decided to come up with the ,cousin took it story. Has there been any thing said or reported that the gun was taken from him after making a death threat.

Me, I see it a little bit differently. I'm not feeling either one of them as involved in Haleigh's disappearance. It seems like a "stranger" abduction to me, although it appears like this 'stranger' might have been an acquaintance, or someone familiar with the surroundings and habits. My prayer is that little Haleigh is still alive and can be recoved.

However, it doesn't seem like Ron is Misti's victim as much as the other way around. IMO, this situation presents a 25 year old man abusing a barely 17 year old child. In my state, this relationship would put Ron himself on the SO list, and justifiably so. Men from the FLDS have been derided and rightfully arrested in TX for taking child brides. This FL Ron didn't even have the decency to marry his live in, let alone allow her to grow up first. What decent father raising two kids under 6 would shack up with a 16 year old GIRL, apparently using her for childcare, housekeeping and sex. This young woman should have been going to high school and becoming her own person, not in some 20-something's bed, under his thumb, raising his kids. God help them all--little Haleigh, Jr. and anybody else on the way.

:clap:

I have read all of these threads but I must have missed the the link to where Misty was on drugs. Could someone please point me in that direction please?

I am sure that with Ron's job he has to be tested for drug use often. I find it hard to believe that he would allow drugs around him, his home or his children.

As for Misty being "stoopid" she is a 17 year old girl who has had the most horrible thing happen to her. I am not sure how I would act if this were happening to me. If fact, I really haven't met anyone who is "stoopid" in my lifetime, just people who make bad decisions. It appears that Misty has had a rough life for someone so young.

The changing stories from Misty really don't bother me. If any of you have ever been in a "dramatic" situation you would understand where I am coming from. The first report is never like the second or the third simply because you are so upset that literally you cannot think straight. If you have ever been in a convenience store you may see tape by the door with markings of 4', 5', 6' etc. The first thing you train a clerk to do is to look at that as they are leaving the store because 7 out of 10 times the first description they give is wrong. It's not that they are lying it's just that it is so dramatic for them and things get a little scrambled. Details are remembered as you calm down...

I really think that it's one of the many SO that live in the area. It's really not that hard to determine habits of people. It appears that they live in a secluded area.

I guess what I am saying is that Misty is only 17 years old and if she is a "stoopid" as some think I would hate to think she is reading all of the stuff about her.:eek:

All of this is just MOO

I think many (including myself) don't necessarily believe gf guilty of murder possibly just covering negligence which permitted an abduction, eg...

with so little confirmed info, i have another possible theory:

misty has mostly been speculated on as an irresponsible, heavy-drug using party girl. this very well may be the case, but i've had another idea this morning.

it sounds like she has probably had a pretty tough life. as rough as he seems to many of us, ron may be the best thing that ever happened to her. a lot of girls her age only seem to care about their social lives, but i think some also love the idea of "playing house" and being a mother, and that is really what they love to do.

so here is another possible scenario: misty has brother come over because she doesn't want to be alone with a/c guy. she's been abused in the past and is afraid to be alone with strange men. her brother comes over and brings his kids to play with ron's kids. they are playing outside. a/c man leaves and they start to round-up the kids and......no haleigh. the search for her and find her floating in the pond. if ron finds out about this.....he'll either kill them or in the least end their relationship and kick her out on the street and maybe they'd be charged with child neglect or something. other option.......hide the body and come up with the abduction story.

this a/c guy could really provide some important simple info as far as if he saw haleigh, and if the kids were playing outside. the exact details may not be right but just any kind of accidental death and hiding of the body by either misty or misty and her brother seems like a distinct possibility.

ITA have said this, tho not necessarily that she and bro ever actually discovered what happened to Haleigh... only that she/they lost track of where Haleigh may have wandered off during daylight hours after playing w other kids, during gf's watch. Could have been only gf by herself after bro and kids left, but he is only person that I could see covering for her had he still been there. JMO

The car Reynolds had was found near the Marion/Lake County line.

Mapquest Lady Lake and look north- that's where the county line is- and extends east toward Umatilla which is not very far from Satsuma.

What's so interesting about this area?

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/breaking/news-article.aspx?storyid=131452&catid=17

The search for Haleigh Cummings has moved to a grassy area less than ten miles from the home from where she vanished one week ago.
More than sixty law enforcement officers from a number of different agencies are combing a field off Highway 17 south of Haleigh's home.
Locals tell First Coast News the investigators have been in that area for the past two days.

Thats exactly what was on CNN headline News.

I too believe there is more to the story than MC is telling.

Now, I think MC is a genuinely distraught, very frightened young girl. I don't think she harmed Haleigh or ever meant for any thing bad to happen to the children.

But I don't believe she was sleeping with those children at the time of the abduction. I have doubts she was in the trailer with them the entire night. The bottom line is this: her story with regard to who was sleeping where and with whom changed. The truth never changes, so to me, it can only mean it's not the truth. moo

Whomever took Haleigh knew they had opportunity. The person who did this was aware of the circumstances of that household. This person knew the father was not in the home at night, and that a 17 year old girl was regularly in charge. I don't think it's far-fetched to think that this young, ignorant girl left the kids sleeping alone in the trailer for a period of time, came back to find Haleigh gone, and then made up the "woke up to go pee" story not only out of guilt and shame, but fear for her life.

I mean, RC was cussing up a storm to dispatch and repeatedly threatening to kill from the get go...:eek: I imagine MC knew that side of him quite well. I can totally see how she would literally be afraid for her life.

This thread is in need of a sound effect....something like...

Whoooooooooooooooooooooosh!

:ouch: To avoid injury, please remember to keep hands & arms inside the thread at all times. :ouch:

AND SPLAAAAAASSSSSHHHHHH as I just sprayed the screen with my much loved Seet tea LOL

Thanks Bond.. for a much needed giggle under horrible circumstances...

Sending up prayers that little Haleigh will be found today...

I stewed about this last night.

OT: I'm reading a book I'm having a hard time getting into..."Perfect Town, Perfect Murder" so I put it down and laid in bed thinking.

I think I'm seeing to many co-incidences or my mind is making them appear as co-incidences.

I agree with the theories that it could have been a SO abduction, in fact, I'm not discounting anyone else's theory because I haven't thought of one myself that I'm comfortable with for now.

But here is what is bothering me. If we look at this situation as if we didn't know anything about the history of rap sheets, RSO's in the neighborhood and took the story at face value. What I see is a 17 yr old female that was the last known person to see Haleigh.
This 17 yr old female just happened to wash two blankets hours before Haleigh went missing.
This 17 yr old just happened to wake up and a door, that by all accounts remains locked at all times, was standing wide open.
This 17 yr old states the screen door was propped open by a cinder block that no one seems to know where it came from.
Something is just not adding up with her story. I'm focusing on one piece at a time before I try to join the pieces together for a theory.

The babysitter's story doesn't add up. It sounds like something she memorized not something she experienced.

Dad's interviews remind me of Penny Beadreau.

My gut says the boyfriend or girlfriend lost it over the wet bed.

IMO

Don't you think 60 officers is an awful lot to be searching that area. I would think they would have search partys searching it.
I suspect they feel they have a good lead.

The babysitter's story doesn't add up. It sounds like something she memorized not something she experienced.

Dad's interviews remind me of Penny Beadreau.

My gut says the boyfriend or girlfriend lost it over the wet bed.

IMO

YEp...that Misty is faking....im telling you...

FWIW, the trains schedules and what type were discussed in depth in another thread. I don't remember which thread but I think Kimster may have been one of the posters that sleuthed that angle.

Early Sunday morning IIRC
I believe the conclusion was it would be danm near impossible to know exactly what time the trains come through there unless you live there. Sure wish we had us a local sleuth to help us out with stuff like this and Tommy's van and exactly where the door is located on the mobile home (side or back) etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow