FL FL - Arielle Reis Coutinho Valdes, 21, went for a run, Lee Co, 28 Aug 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What I find odd is they said she is training for a marathon but last images are her running in a hoodie (florida is hot), without water, and in converse high tops. I’m a distance runner and none of that happens for a long run in marathon training. And I checked around and see photos of her racing and she is dressed in running shoes and appropriate running clothing. She was an experienced runner. Are we sure she was on a training run?

What I find odd is they said she is training for a marathon but last images are her running in a hoodie (florida is hot), without water, and in converse high tops. I’m a distance runner and none of that happens for a long run in marathon training. And I checked around and see photos of her racing and she is dressed in running shoes and appropriate running clothing. She was an experienced runner. Are we sure she was on a training run?
I’m local to her and have been seeing the posts all day. I know which photo you’re referring to, and I have some thoughts. I will say I am not a runner, but I am a walker. Sometimes 8 miles a day, in the blistering SWFL heat. I don’t know that she’s wearing a real hoodie, to me it looks more like a UV protection hoodie/shirt. These are made of thin material and help the heat and UV rays. I wear them often, and actually prefer to because I don’t need sunscreen and it helps me feel cooler even with the long sleeves. Of course, I could be wrong. I also don’t take water when I go out unless I’m going on a wilderness hike where I could potentially get lost/need survival. The converse are a bit of an odd choice, but I’ve walked miles in Crocs and Teva sandals, so it could’ve been her preference for that moment. Generally (not always), when someone lives in a climate like this they learn their limits and know their boundaries well. JMO and experience of course… and I am not her.

I haven’t gotten around to it yet (we’re moving to another part of Lee County this weekend), but I’m going to look more at the location she was last seen and see what that area is like.

-she left her home to go for a run on Wednesday, Aug. 28.
-Camera footage showed her traveling southbound on U.S. 41 from Pondella Road by her neighborhood at 6:45 p.m.
-More traffic camera footage captured her jogging southbound towards the Edison Bridge shortly after 6:50 p.m.

There has been an update from Lee County Sheriff, posted here. It also has a new video… ‼️ : ‼️ Lee County Sheriff’s Office detectives are continuing the search for missing endangered person, ... | By Lee County Sheriff's OfficeFacebook

The area of Pondella and 41 is… a little rough. Lots of motels, trailer parks (not the nice kind, but no hate, housing is in crisis here), and mom and pop businesses. It’s not somewhere I would be out alone without a means to protect myself, and even then I’d be on edge. The bridge she is seen traveling southbound on is incredibly busy and is often frequented by people that need to cross the county, as well as people that aren’t even from here. However, on the other side of that bridge the area is rough but also up and coming with a mix of classic Fort Myers charm. There are businesses and high rise condos on the other side of the bridge as well. Perhaps they have video of her, assuming she made it across. I wonder which direction she went from there? One way takes you into more of a tourist district of Fort Myers and the other way takes you to an even rougher area that where she came from. I highly doubt a hit and run could’ve occurred, and I doubt she went over the bridge into the Caloosahatchee (though people do…). If she suffered a medical emergency she would have been noticed. There are people everywhere. There is also a high vagrant population.

All MOO.

I’ve included a SS of the area she came from, the area on the other side of the bridge, and an overview of the whole thing. Tamiami and 41 are the same road.

Attachments

• IMG_6139.jpeg
    IMG_6139.jpeg
    312.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_6140.jpeg
    IMG_6140.jpeg
    279.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_6141.jpeg
    IMG_6141.jpeg
    153.5 KB · Views: 1
Here’s the latest article. Complete description as well. And perhaps it was a regular hoodie?

“LCSO said Valdes was last seen wearing a light-colored hoodie sweater and gym shorts. Investigators believe she might've been wearing black and white low-top Converse-style sneakers.“

“… jogging southbound towards the Edison Bridge shortly after 6:50 p.m.”

Lee County Sheriff's Office

Lee County Sheriff’s Office detectives are continuing the search for missing endangered person, ( //).

Valdes is a Hispanic female, 5’4”, 100lbs, with brown hair and brown eyes. Detectives confirmed Valdes left her residence on Wednesday, August 28th, on foot at approximately 6:30PM to go for a run. She was last seen wearing a light colored hoodie sweater, gym shorts, and what appears to be black and white low-top Converse-style sneakers.

[ ] DOT footage captured the avid runner traveling SB on US 41 from Pondella Rd., in NFM by her neighborhood at 6:45PM that evening.

Additionally, cameras captured her traveling SB towards the Edison Bridge shortly after 6:50PM.

Detectives are seeking information from anyone who was traveling the aforementioned areas during these timeframes to gather any information that may help them with this case.

If you have information on Arielle’s whereabouts or saw her that evening, please contact LCSO at 239-477-1000. Help us bring Arielle home safe to her family.

1725073977367.png

1725074233993.png

Last edited:
No shoes is what the post says? But no comments? Now missing 51hrs.. :(

The post says: “Valdez left her residence on Wednesday August 28, 2024, on foot at approximately 6:30pm to go for a run. She was last seen wearing a light colored hoodie sweater, gym shorts, and what appears to be black and white low top Converse tennis style sneakers”

If this is the LE post you are talking about, it says she was wearing Converse tennis style sneakers. Leaving her residence on foot does not mean she had no shoes on. It means she didn’t leave her residence on a bicycle or in a car but on foot.

Jmo

Why does the flyer in post #17 say no shoes? It's been several days already this is very concerning. Surely there is more surveillance video? Did she have a phone or fitbit or apple watch?

Pointing to more information from friends/family that can be located on social media.

Why does the flyer in post #17 say no shoes? It's been several days already this is very concerning. Surely there is more surveillance video? Did she have a phone or fitbit or apple watch?

Pointing to more information from friends/family that can be located on social media.
I don't know why it says no shoes, but maybe that flyer was made before the video was found? It does seem she's wearing shoes in the video.

Lee County Sheriff's Office

Lee County Sheriff’s Office detectives are continuing the search for missing endangered person, ( //).

Valdes is a Hispanic female, 5’4”, 100lbs, with brown hair and brown eyes. Detectives confirmed Valdes left her residence on Wednesday, August 28th, on foot at approximately 6:30PM to go for a run. She was last seen wearing a light colored hoodie sweater, gym shorts, and what appears to be black and white low-top Converse-style sneakers.

[ ] DOT footage captured the avid runner traveling SB on US 41 from Pondella Rd., in NFM by her neighborhood at 6:45PM that evening.

Additionally, cameras captured her traveling SB towards the Edison Bridge shortly after 6:50PM.

Detectives are seeking information from anyone who was traveling the aforementioned areas during these timeframes to gather any information that may help them with this case.

If you have information on Arielle’s whereabouts or saw her that evening, please contact LCSO at 239-477-1000. Help us bring Arielle home safe to her family.

View attachment 528117

View attachment 528123
Why isn’t this getting more traction? This is a young woman, missing for three days now and we are in page 1?!?! I’ve seen other missing woman runners have one page in an hour! This poor young woman - so concerning. At least it looks like LE is working hard and giving the public lots of helpful information. The videos are killing me - she’s so young, just living her life.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helengably
Back