FL FL - Arielle Reis Coutinho Valdes, 21, went for a run, Lee Co, 28 Aug 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why isn’t this getting more traction? This is a young woman, missing for three days now and we are in page 1?!?! I’ve seen other missing woman runners have one page in an hour! This poor young woman - so concerning. At least it looks like LE is working hard and giving the public lots of helpful information. The videos are killing me - she’s so young, just living her life.
I commented on this before, during missing women cases last week. The media and posters on this forum seem to have taken a break from interest in missing people, maybe it's the desire to step away from the news/media right now?

You are right. But there are so many cases in WS that also are not cases anymore and that are not updated I don t know why. So you spend time reading to reach the end discovering the person was found safe according to LE, but the titles of these threads are never updated. Even when the person is found deceased.
It is not a criticism to anyone , but all these tens of threads take away attention and effort to cases that maybe need a bit more visibility because clearly the missing person is endangered.
So many people disappear daily it is frightening.
Also, media are not following up on all of them unless family is out there screaming.

This case I find apalling. One question I have is why LE only shows a tiny bit of the video on the bridge, and not until she disappears from the camera

Do they know sth which cannot go public ? Eg they saw her approaching a car or sth..

There are not a 1000 possibilities in this case, a young girl jogging….and it is not possible that she was not caught on any cctv after 6:45, so there s much more we don t know IMO
Also, did she have her purse, id, phone with her ?
Has anyone spotted her later ? Public info is far too little even to get help from residents
Just my opinion, she ended up meeting wrong people or being abducted in a running car
I hope I am wrong and they find her safe

As a local and also a female runner, this is so scary. The first thing I think of is poor Mollie Tibbetts, which is terrifying.

I second what another poster said about how the video posted seemed to end pretty abruptly instead of showing her cross more of the bridge. Was that intentional? Did the video show a car or person enter the frame that might be of interest?

Also, odd to run in Converse. Other photos of her running in the past show her actually wearing proper sneakers so it seems like an odd choice. I’m not overthinking the sweatshirt because it could be a SPF shirt or I’ve seen plenty of people workout in hoodies, as crazy hot as that would be.

Praying for her and her family. I’ll be following very closely.

As a local and also a female runner, this is so scary. The first thing I think of is poor Mollie Tibbetts, which is terrifying.

I second what another poster said about how the video posted seemed to end pretty abruptly instead of showing her cross more of the bridge. Was that intentional? Did the video show a car or person enter the frame that might be of interest?

Also, odd to run in Converse. Other photos of her running in the past show her actually wearing proper sneakers so it seems like an odd choice. I’m not overthinking the sweatshirt because it could be a SPF shirt or I’ve seen plenty of people workout in hoodies, as crazy hot as that would be.

Praying for her and her family. I’ll be following very closely.
I fully agree concerning the cut video, see my thread above. It puzzles me, IMO there is sth LE does not wish to show for good reasons

Another case in Maryland, as example
As a jogger myself , I learned to never ever run alone in isolated places and with music in my ears to be alert all the time, this world has become full of horrible people

Hopefully unrelated but this road is now showing as closed, updated 11:17am. However, it is a block from the bridge and in between bridge and Billy Creek, which was mentioned in a post or flyer. I am hoping it is not related.

Attachments

• IMG_8407.jpeg
    IMG_8407.jpeg
    160.5 KB · Views: 9
The video @Knox posted shows her at the north end of the Edison bridge going south. All we know for sure is that she started to cross the bridge.
Assuming she made it across the bridge she ends up here Street View · Google Maps

Look at all the video capture opportunities on this route, has LE been able to isolate where she dropped off camera? Have they even tried?

There are not a 1000 possibilities in this case, a young girl jogging….and it is not possible that she was not caught on any cctv after 6:45, so there s much more we don t know IMO
Also, did she have her purse, id, phone with her ?
Has anyone spotted her later ? Public info is far too little even to get help from residents
Just my opinion, she ended up meeting wrong people or being abducted in a running car
I hope I am wrong and they find her safe
I know Arielle, and have read from a friend of the family that she was upset when she left. She did not have her phone with her. I know she often crossed this bridge. It was a familiar route to her.

Timeline

6:30 pm: leaving home on foot, from 90th block of Mariana Avenue in North Fort Myer
6:45 pm: travelling SB on US41 from Pondella Rd in NFM
6:50 pm: running across the Edison Bridge

Can someone local help with a visual map of a possible route?

Walking from Pondella road intersection with US 41 to the end of the bridge takes 33 mins
But an average marathon running speed is 6.2 mi/h hence ca 9 mins per mile.
As Edison bridge is 1 mile long, this means if she continued running as seen on video, she would have been at the end of the bridge at around 7pm.
It cannot be that there is no CCTV at the other end of the bridge to confirm her crossing it

Hopefully unrelated but this road is now showing as closed, updated 11:17am. However, it is a block from the bridge and in between bridge and Billy Creek, which was mentioned in a post or flyer. I am hoping it is not related.
Do you by chance have the app mentioned at link?

I don’t have that app. I started to download it and then remembered I had a scanner app but all it’s showing is Fire & EMS, and there is nothing going on.

Her family posted on Facebook for the community to please keep looking for her.

“She has been having panic attacks as of very recently and has not been speaking much the last week,” according to the post. “We are worried she has been hiding and is feeling like we will be mad at her.”

Her family posted on Facebook for the community to please keep looking for her.

“She has been having panic attacks as of very recently and has not been speaking much the last week,” according to the post. “We are worried she has been hiding and is feeling like we will be mad at her.”

Yes, following her sister Isabella is going to be the best way to be updated for now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainsilversquirrel
Back