GUILTY FL - Baby Girl Found Floating Near Boynton Beach, June 2018 - Baby June

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The only problem with that idea is that a lot of people would start making babies to help support themselves. Seems like there's always someone who finds a way to abuse any efforts to improve society, MOO

I completely agree. The safe haven laws work if there is awareness of them and people use them. They don't need to pay people; they are already doing them a great favor by taking their infants with no questions asked and no identification required. It's a no brainer to use the safe haven services, yet so many people won't or don't.

The only problem with that idea is that a lot of people would start making babies to help support themselves. Seems like there's always someone who finds a way to abuse any efforts to improve society, MOO

Agreed. Safe Havens don't just benefit the infant, they benefit the parent too. I am sure they don't want to serve time for murder when they could drop the baby off and carry on with their life.

We all say that we would have taken a child in, but the truth is that in most states, there are children remaining in dangerous situations because there aren't any foster homes available for them to go to. It's a difficult and heartbreaking job that I can't imagine myself doing well, but then I think, wouldn't almost anything be better than being thrown away in a heartless ocean?

We all say that we would have taken a child in, but the truth is that in most states, there are children remaining in dangerous situations because there aren't any foster homes available for them to go to. It's a difficult and heartbreaking job that I can't imagine myself doing well, but then I think, wouldn't almost anything be better than being thrown away in a heartless ocean?
I have to agree. I'd love to be able to take care of all of the abused and neglected kids I read about (and those I don't), but the truth is, I'd never trust any system that would give me a child to raise in my circumstances. I've known a lot of foster parents (and foster kids), and it does seem like most are one of two types: either they're just as neglectful and/or abusive as the birth parents, or they often in a lot of emotional pain from hearing about what the kids have gone through, and later having to give them back. It takes a special kind of person who can give a child all the love and attention needed and still be able to give him/her up when the situation warrants it.

My cousin is one of the second type. He and his wife have 5 children born to them, 7 they adopted and at least 5 who aged out of the foster system and still call them mom and dad. Unfortunately, that kind of home seems to be few and far between. MOO

Firefighter finds baby's body floating near Boynton Beach Inlet

“We were just out there catching bait, just doing our normal thing, you know, having fun in the afternoon, and then the day changed all of a sudden,” said Boynton Beach firefighter Chris Lemieux.

He called 911 after making the tragic discovery.

“We actually thought it was a toy doll,” Lemieux said. “With what I’ve seen in the past, unfortunately, with the fire department, I noticed pretty quick that it wasn’t a toy or a doll.”

The charter boat captain said he circled around a few times to make sure.

Detectives from the Special Victims Unit responded, according to Teri Barbera, a spokeswoman for the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office. Barbera said the baby was taken to a Medical Examiner’s Office to determine how she died and who she is. The child’s age and how long she was in the water was not yet determined.

I have to agree. I'd love to be able to take care of all of the abused and neglected kids I read about (and those I don't), but the truth is, I'd never trust any system that would give me a child to raise in my circumstances. I've known a lot of foster parents (and foster kids), and it does seem like most are one of two types: either they're just as neglectful and/or abusive as the birth parents, or they often in a lot of emotional pain from hearing about what the kids have gone through, and later having to give them back. It takes a special kind of person who can give a child all the love and attention needed and still be able to give him/her up when the situation warrants it.

My cousin is one of the second type. He and his wife have 5 children born to them, 7 they adopted and at least 5 who aged out of the foster system and still call them mom and dad. Unfortunately, that kind of home seems to be few and far between. MOO

My son and his wife had 3 biological children then adopted two sisters. They have a large, but loving and stable family. I worked at DFCS for over 30 years as a caseworker, and have always believed that money tied to the birth of a child is an incentive to get pregnant. To me, a child shouldn't be conceived only because there will be benefits attached to it's birth. A very sad way to begin life.

Could this be like the Laci Peterson case ? The mom being killed and the baby expelled ?

puzzled-smiley.gif
Oh my! I didn't think of that... definitely could be?

Dead baby found floating off Florida coast no more than 14 days old

Palm Beach County Sheriff's Capt. Steven Stravelli said Monday that it's unknown whether the found child floating about 100 feet off the Boynton Beach Inlet on Friday was alive when she was placed in the water. Autopsy results are pending.

He said the baby was no more than two weeks old and was likely black, Hispanic or multiracial, but could have been Caucasian with dark skin. She wore no clothing.

(The image is not a photograph.)

The baby appeared to be of healthy weight but Stravelli declined to say whether there were signs of abuse. He said it's also unclear whether the baby was placed in the water from a boat, by someone wading into the water or tossed from shore or a nearby bridge.

He said it is also possible she had been on a boat bringing immigrants illegally from Cuba, Haiti or elsewhere. The area is a frequent landing spot.

The baby was discovered Friday by Boynton Beach firefighter Chris Lemieux, who was fishing with two friends when they saw what they thought was a doll floating in the water.
Dead baby found floating off Florida coast no more than 14 days old

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow
Back