GUILTY FL - Baby Girl Found Floating Near Boynton Beach, June 2018 - Baby June

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Do we know for sure that the baby was born at a hospital and not at home?

Can't say for sure. They just said it was likely that she was born in a hospital.
In the days following the grim discovery, the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office released some details, saying the baby was likely born in a hospital, was about four to seven days old and most likely drifted north from Broward County.

Questions linger after body of baby girl found near Boynton Beach Inlet

Thank you, I'd missed that part. I'm assuming they believe that because her umbilical cord was clamped off? Not sure what other sign there would be that a baby had been born at home unattended vs. hospital? Or maybe scabs on feet from PKU or blood sugar sticks?

Yes I am pretty sure that’s right about the umbilical cord. I am sure I have seen it up thread. I need to go back and look. If I find it I will come back and post it here.

(Does anyone know if I am imaging this? Lol)

Thank you, I'd missed that part. I'm assuming they believe that because her umbilical cord was clamped off? Not sure what other sign there would be that a baby had been born at home unattended vs. hospital? Or maybe scabs on feet from PKU or blood sugar sticks?

link upthread said she had heel sticks. lengthy discussion on previous page.

I have been thinking a lot about Baby June and the details of how she was found naked in a body of water.

Perhaps looking at the research on fillicide would give a hint as to who was involved:

But a study by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children shows that fathers are far more violent. And mothers frequently dispose of the corpses in what researchers call a "womblike" fashion. Bodies are swaddled, submerged in water, or wrapped in plastic. Moreover, the NCMEC study showed that while the victims of maternal killings are almost always found either in or close to the home, fathers will, on average, dispose of the bodies hundreds of miles away. All these behaviors suggest that women associate these murders with themselves, their homes, and their bodies

When parents kill.

I think back to the circumstances of Baby Doe (Bella Bond). She was found in a plastic bag along with two baby blankets. We know that her mother and mother's boyfriend were involved in her demise. Could the fact that Baby Doe was found naked and placed in the ocean, which would result in her body drifting off into the distance, point to a male disposing her? I guess it is possible that she might have been swaddled when placed in the water and the current removed the covering.

Last edited:
link upthread said she had heel sticks. lengthy discussion on previous page.

Sorry I read that but thought it was just speculation on whether or not a hospital would have saved PKU cards to possibly compare DNA with, I didn't read that they actually confirmed she had heel sticks. I'm thinking maybe I missed a whole page, I'll go back and read again.

Sorry I read that but thought it was just speculation on whether or not a hospital would have saved PKU cards to possibly compare DNA with, I didn't read that they actually confirmed she had heel sticks. I'm thinking maybe I missed a whole page, I'll go back and read again.

no need to apologize! was just telling you where to look, I think I saw it mentioned in an article but its been a few days

I have been thinking a lot about Baby June and the details of how she was found naked in a body of water.

Perhaps looking at the research on fillicide would give a hint as to who was involved:

When parents kill.

I think back to the circumstances of Baby Doe (Bella Bond). She was found in a plastic bag along with two baby blankets. We know that her mother and mother's boyfriend were involved in her demise. Could the fact that Baby Doe was found naked and placed in the ocean, which would result in her body drifting off into the distance, point to a male disposing her? I guess it is possible that she might have been swaddled when placed in the water and the current removed the covering.

I would theorize the COD might help with that. I would say that if it's smothering or SIDS then that points more toward the mother, and if there are broken bones or shaken baby syndrome signs, then maybe more toward a father/boyfriend/stepdad.

If someone's had medical attention at birth, it seems to me they're likely to tell friends or relatives that they've given birth, and people are going to want to visit the baby, see pictures of her, etc. Neighbors ought to have heard a crying baby and then it all goes quiet. I suppose a newborn's cry is a lot quieter and maybe the neighbors never noticed? Surely someone in the neighborhood saw this woman heavily pregnant, maybe someone saw her walk the baby in a stroller, and then nothing more?

and I've known 2 very tiny, thin women who successfully hid their pregnancies recently. I was totally shocked in both instances.

I don't know what else to offer except hope that this little one never felt pain in her little life...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow
Back