Identified! FL - Big Cypress Natl Preserve, Male Hiker, Denim & “Mostly Harmless” July 2018 - Vance Rodriguez #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't suggest Narkj nor anyone else post an entire autopsy report on this thread, did I?

No you did not. But your post #529 sounded like you were asking Narkj to release more info to us WSer's if he felt comfortable. I haven't read that he was privy to the autopsy only that he mentioned cancer wasn't on the autopsy. Whether that was an assumption or a fact, he did not state.

I am in complete agreement with you that just stating starvation as a cause of death doesn't tell us much; there are underlying conditions that cause starvation. I wondered if the autopsy result was inconclusive in that manner. It's like saying someone drowned when in actual fact they may have sustained a head injury that caused unconsciousness which is why they drowned.

It costs me $115 every six months for a checkup, and I pay for x-rays every couple of years. It usually takes 1/2 hour for a cleaning, sometimes longer if the hygienist is chatty.

I am over age 50 and have had three fillings in my lifetime (two are in wisdom teeth.) My brother is three years younger, and has fillings in most of his teeth. We're both "Crest Kids" and have always had regular dental care, as well as orthodontics. Genetics gave me the bad eyes and good teeth, he got the bad teeth and good eyes.
That’s exactly how it is with my son and daughter, too. He is almost 16 and has zero cavities. She will turn 18 in two weeks and got her first cavity at age six. Can’t explain it!

Hi all! Long time follower of this case, especially as it hits so close to home - I work in Front Royal, VA (where first photos of Denim were taken). Baffles me that he has not been identified, and it is my sincere hope he gets his name back soon.
Since I haven't seen it posted here, I wanted to point out that a recent comment was made on a Collier County Sheriff's Office FB post claiming that MH's MeetUp page may have been found. The poster did not cite where they received this information nor did they provide any additional information. I have not seen this information shared anywhere else but you all may know about more discussion boards than I do, so maybe someone else has heard this?

This sounds promising! I hope it is true.

No you did not. But your post #529 sounded like you were asking Narkj to release more info to us WSer's if he felt comfortable. I haven't read that he was privy to the autopsy only that he mentioned cancer wasn't on the autopsy. Whether that was an assumption or a fact, he did not state.

I am in complete agreement with you that just stating starvation as a cause of death doesn't tell us much; there are underlying conditions that cause starvation. I wondered if the autopsy result was inconclusive in that manner. It's like saying someone drowned when in actual fact they may have sustained a head injury that caused unconsciousness which is why they drowned.

My post #529 didn't "sound like a request", it WAS a request to Narkj, and it was also a reply (which was quoted) regarding Narkj possibly having access to the autopsy. lol! I don't see your point.

ETA: If you believe my post was a WS violation, please report it.

My post #529 didn't "sound like a request", it WAS a request to Narkj, and it was also a reply (which was quoted) regarding Narkj possibly having access to the autopsy. lol! I don't see your point.

I'm sorry if you are interpreting my comment as snark or you violated WS rules. That wasn't my intent. Perhaps I misinterpreted what you said. In any event, if I've upset you, I apologize.

Hi all! Long time follower of this case, especially as it hits so close to home - I work in Front Royal, VA (where first photos of Denim were taken). Baffles me that he has not been identified, and it is my sincere hope he gets his name back soon.
Since I haven't seen it posted here, I wanted to point out that a recent comment was made on a Collier County Sheriff's Office FB post claiming that MH's MeetUp page may have been found. The poster did not cite where they received this information nor did they provide any additional information. I have not seen this information shared anywhere else but you all may know about more discussion boards than I do, so maybe someone else has heard this?
I saw the origin of this. Someone searched "Ben Bilemy" in Bing and found a meetup profile for someone under the name Ben. It's 100% not him, doesn't look like him and the profile has been active since MH died. I guess they made a YouTube video so I'll share that but not the profile since we can't share personal info from someone who's not missing.

I saw the origin of this. Someone searched "Ben Bilemy" in Bing and found a meetup profile for someone under the name Ben. It's 100% not him, doesn't look like him and the profile has been active since MH died. I guess they made a YouTube video so I'll share that but not the profile since we can't share personal info from someone who's not missing.
Thanks so much for clearing this up. It was so frustrating to see someone make such a claim without citing their sources, and I only mentioned it here in hopes someone could inform us of the validity of the claim, so thanks for doing so!

it was me who suggested that if someone has more info that sharing would be helpful. Whoops (I guess? Lol)

IMO for the sake of his family, I don't agree with attempting to obtain autopsy results that weren't already openly shared by LE.

If this has already been brought up my apologies... but I just watched the movie Into The Wild about Christopher McCandless. His official cause of death was starvation, in his case believed to be the result of eating a poisonous plant, believed to be wild potato seeds or possibly wild sweet pea.

I think the similarities to this case are quite remarkable. In the pic of Denim when he is deceased he looks almost just like McCandless did when he died in the movie, extremely emaciated , down to the beard and even the facial expression. All so similar it’s a bit eerie, IMO.
'Into The Wild' Author Tries Science To Solve Toxic Seed Mystery

So there it is, the autopsy on MH. I’m not sure what I expected but this leads you to believe the guy just starved to death, took some OTC pain meds, no injuries or trauma. I guess my assumption was he had a terrible parasite, bacterial, virus, cancer, etc. Does the autopsy rule these all out or is the frustrating part we don’t know. Also, can I ask what the heck was going on with his private parts?

Thank you so much for sharing this @Narkj. Can I ask if you have talked to the guys that found him? I chatted with one on another site over a year ago. Seemed like a good dude who found a poor dead guy in a tent & was SHOCKED by his appearance/weight.

I actually didn’t talk to them. I tried very hard to reach two people who May have met him very early on.

I’m not sure about the privates but it’s one of the few things the ME mentioned: the abrasion and small testicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emmab