FL FL - Boca Raton, WhtFem UP1107, 20-35, possibly Joy Neubauer, Nov'96

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
On November 27, 1996, a young white woman was found hanging from a lifeguard stand near Spanish River Park in Boca Raton, Florida. She was estimated to be between 20 and 35 years old, was 5 feet 10 inches (1.78 m) tall and weighed 174 pounds (79 kg). She had short, brown hair and blue eyes, as well as acne scars on her face. She had had extensive dental work during her life. She was found wearing a pair of blue shorts, a pink bra, and a button-up, long-sleeved, blue/green and white shirt with small plaid print. She had approached police officers about twelve hours earlier, stating that she had recently become homeless and asked about shelters in the area. She gave the officers the name "Joy Neubauer", but no official forms of identification. Officers gave her the information and offered her a ride to the nearest shelter, but she refused. Investigators do not think she was a transient from the local area. [26]
1654043353051.jpeg

On November 27, 1996, a young white woman was found hanging from a lifeguard stand near Spanish River Park in Boca Raton, Florida. She was estimated to be between 20 and 35 years old, was 5 feet 10 inches (1.78 m) tall and weighed 174 pounds (79 kg). She had short, brown hair and blue eyes, as well as acne scars on her face. She had had extensive dental work during her life. She was found wearing a pair of blue shorts, a pink bra, and a button-up, long-sleeved, blue/green and white shirt with small plaid print. She had approached police officers about twelve hours earlier, stating that she had recently become homeless and asked about shelters in the area. She gave the officers the name "Joy Neubauer", but no official forms of identification. Officers gave her the information and offered her a ride to the nearest shelter, but she refused. Investigators do not think she was a transient from the local area. [26]
View attachment 347232
Thanks for the thread bump. I'll call the detective today.

I emailed Doe Network last night about a couple small errors on their website about Joy and they've already emailed me back promising to correct them.

John McMahon texted me recently about the Boca mall murders. I need to get in touch with him as well.

4 Exclusions listed on NamUs:

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP2929Jane McDonald-Crone
Date of Last ContactNovember 14, 1993
StateTX
CountyHarris

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP7995Paula Waid
Date of Last ContactMarch 16, 1991
StateFL
CountyPasco

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP8051Judith Odonnell
Date of Last ContactNovember 30, 1980
StateNY
CountyNew York

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP490Tina D'Ambrosio
Date of Last ContactJune 11, 1996
StateAZ
CountyMaricopa

Case Details​

FLUIDDB Case ID
Medical Examiner District
Case Number
1996-01005
Date of Death or Discovery
1996-11-27
Estimated Age of Decedent
21-35
Presumed Race
White
Estimated Height
5' - 6'
Estimated Weight
Details
Location Found: 3800 N. Ocean, Boca Raton
Hair: Short brown
Eyes: Blue
Facial Features: No description available
Tattoos: No description available
Scars, Surgeries and Other Dental and Medical Information: Acne scars on face
Jewelry: No description available
Clothing and Shoes: No description available
Personal Effects: No description available
Other Details: possible name of Joy Neubauer (7-12-66)

I spoke to the detective this week who said he had no updates he could share other than genetic genealogy is being considered by BRPD leadership. I am thinking of doing a new writeup on her with an interesting piece of information from the case file on another social media site.
I think a new writeup is a good idea, you never know who is reading your post. Like with the hiker Vance Rodrigeuz.

I spoke to the detective this week who said he had no updates he could share other than genetic genealogy is being considered by BRPD leadership. I am thinking of doing a new writeup on her with an interesting piece of information from the case file on another social media site.
Hi Gator, can you tell more about this interesting piece of information? Are you planning to do a new writing?

Hi Gator, can you tell more about this interesting piece of information? Are you planning to do a new writing?
There was a person they suspected was Joy, IIRC same DOB and very similar name. It was a tip called in from another police agency. This turned out to not be her, because she's very much alive today. From what I could find, it was a great lead though. I thought it relevant to a new writing because the initial detective worked his tail off on this case and I think that deserves to be known by all interested in this unknown.

I have some notes and have been planning, just haven't gotten it all right in my mind yet.

There was a person they suspected was Joy, IIRC same DOB and very similar name. It was a tip called in from another police agency. This turned out to not be her, because she's very much alive today. From what I could find, it was a great lead though. I thought it relevant to a new writing because the initial detective worked his tail off on this case and I think that deserves to be known by all interested in this unknown.

I have some notes and have been planning, just haven't gotten it all right in my mind yet.
Good that this person is alive and well. The big question is: are the name and dob she gave real. I tent to think they are not.

Wow, same DOB and similar name?
One could deduce a connection between our Joy and this living person, no?
It could be someone that she knew indirectly; someone who might not even be on the living person's radar but for reason our Joy had her name and dob top of mind.
I am someone who remembers really random things like my locker combination from high school 30+ years ago etc. Maybe Miss Joy had that kind of memory and was able to pull up a name and dob of someone she really had no direct connection with.

Has Stacey Lynn Balas from Ohio been considered?

Nickname/Alias
Sarah Lindway & Sara Lindway & Spacey

Case Details as listed above for UID (post #129). Strange that height is estimated at 5’6” and NamUs lists estimate at 5’10”.

Date of Death or Discovery
1996-11-27 (Stacey DLC 11/26/1996)

Estimated Age of Decedent
21-35. (Stacey age 25)

Estimated Height
5' - 6'. (Stacey height reported 5’5”)

Estimated Weight
174. (Stacey weight reported 120-130)

1667566390447.jpeg1667566677784.jpeg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online