FL FL - Boca Raton, WhtFem UP1107, 20-35, possibly Joy Neubauer, Nov'96

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Has Stacey Lynn Balas from Ohio been considered?

Nickname/Alias
Sarah Lindway & Sara Lindway & Spacey

Case Details as listed above for UID (post #129). Strange that height is estimated at 5’6” and NamUs lists estimate at 5’10”.

Date of Death or Discovery
1996-11-27 (Stacey DLC 11/26/1996)

Estimated Age of Decedent
21-35. (Stacey age 25)

Estimated Height
5' - 6'. (Stacey height reported 5’5”)

Estimated Weight
174. (Stacey weight reported 120-130)

View attachment 377932View attachment 377936

Although stats line up and there is a resemblance, it seems unlikely that this is Ms. Balas.
Per the Charley Project she was killed by her co-worker and placed in a trash bin. He admitted to the crime and was convicted.

Wow, same DOB and similar name?
One could deduce a connection between our Joy and this living person, no?
It could be someone that she knew indirectly; someone who might not even be on the living person's radar but for reason our Joy had her name and dob top of mind.
I am someone who remembers really random things like my locker combination from high school 30+ years ago etc. Maybe Miss Joy had that kind of memory and was able to pull up a name and dob of someone she really had no direct connection with.
I missed this last month, sorry.

Yeah very similar name and same DOB.

If there is a connection between our UID and the person called in, the original detective never noted it in the case file. Your theory about there being a casual or indirect relationship could be correct, but I have no clue if you're onto something or not. What I can say is the original detective worked this case quite hard but never could develop anything at all on her. The only way she's going to be named is through forensic genealogy at this point. It would be interesting to find out her real name and if a working theory on the alias could be hashed out afterwards.

Has Stacey Lynn Balas from Ohio been considered?

Nickname/Alias
Sarah Lindway & Sara Lindway & Spacey

Case Details as listed above for UID (post #129). Strange that height is estimated at 5’6” and NamUs lists estimate at 5’10”.

Date of Death or Discovery
1996-11-27 (Stacey DLC 11/26/1996)

Estimated Age of Decedent
21-35. (Stacey age 25)

Estimated Height
5' - 6'. (Stacey height reported 5’5”)

Estimated Weight
174. (Stacey weight reported 120-130)

View attachment 377932View attachment 377936

Facially similar from the pic you posted but Joy was much bigger. I could tell from the death photos I received. It's not her.

I missed this last month, sorry.

Yeah very similar name and same DOB.

If there is a connection between our UID and the person called in, the original detective never noted it in the case file. Your theory about there being a casual or indirect relationship could be correct, but I have no clue if you're onto something or not. What I can say is the original detective worked this case quite hard but never could develop anything at all on her. The only way she's going to be named is through forensic genealogy at this point. It would be interesting to find out her real name and if a working theory on the alias could be hashed out afterwards.
Yes, forensic genealogy has been such an amazing tool. Hopefully it will be applied in this (and many other) case(s).
Maybe 2023 will be Miss Neubauer's year.

1685493058108.jpeg1685493081770.jpeg
Johnnene Estes was 20 when she was reported missing in August 1994 from Ft. Walton Beach, FL.

Brown hair and blue eyes, same as UP1107 “Joy”.
Height is off some but it was only estimated according to NamUs. Weight is 180 for Johnnene and about 174 for UID.

Both are noted to have acne.

Johnnene allegedly was going to hitchhike to KY. Maybe she ended up in South Florida in 1996. There is a resemblance between the two photos and I do not see where these two have been mentioned for comparison previously.

Johnnene has a few aliases as well:

Johnenne Estes;
Johnnene Powell;
Johnnene Reynolds;
Toni Powell

View attachment 425524View attachment 425525
Johnnene Estes was 20 when she was reported missing in August 1994 from Ft. Walton Beach, FL.

Height is off some but it was only estimated according to NamUs. Weight is 180 for Johnnene and about 174 for UID.

Johnnene allegedly was going to hitchhike to KY. Maybe she ended up in South Florida in 1996. There is a resemblance between the two photos and I do not see where these two have been mentioned for comparison previously.

Johnenne Estes;
Johnnene Powell;
Johnnene Reynolds;
Toni Powell

This seems like a very good match the facial resemblance is very similar. You should submit it.

View attachment 425524View attachment 425525

Johnenne Estes;
Johnnene Powell;
Johnnene Reynolds;
Toni Powell

Comparing Johnnene's photos to the death photo I have of Joy, I agree this is a good match. If she grew to 5'10" and thinned out, it could definitely be her. I am supposed to call the detective about this case, do you mind if I share this information?

Comparing Johnnene's photos to the death photo I have of Joy, I agree this is a good match. If she grew to 5'10" and thinned out, it could definitely be her. I am supposed to call the detective about this case, do you mind if I share this information?
Yes please do. Thanks so much.

(I did submit to NamUs this morning and included contact information for both agencies and the ME for PBC but not sure the timeframe of which the information can be relayed)

Let us know what they say. Thanks again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff
Back