UNSOLVED FL - Deerfield Beach, Body found in car in lake, Aug'18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
The human remains were found Sunday afternoon inside a waterlogged vehicle discovered in a lake near 1500 S. Powerline Road, north of Sample Road, the Broward Sheriff’s Office said.

Human remains found inside car pulled from lake

Oglesby said detectives are working to determine the gender and identity of the body.

The investigation continues, but anyone with information is asked to call BSO homicide detectives at 954-321-4200 or Broward County Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS.

Human remains found inside car pulled from Deerfield Beach lake

Original link was updated to give the car info:
Police divers helped a tow truck remove an older model sedan and the mostly intact body it held from the water.

“The identification process will take some time,” Joy Oglesby, a spokeswoman with the Broward County Sheriff’s Office said Monday.

Detectives were not prepared to reveal the deceased person’s gender or who he or she may have been, Oglesby said.
Identifying body found in car pulled from lake 'will take some time,' sheriff's office says

I was hoping to find a photo of the car so we could compare to missing persons. Surely they know who owned the car by now?

Looks like a 6th or 7th-gen Nissan Maxima, though to be fair it could be any of a billion other cars of that era.
@ .48 in the video you can see a badge. I thought the plates look like Ga plates. But in a minute I will find a sea creature, a fish and a mermaid playing poker.

looked again and I think they are flordia plates.

Human remains found inside car pulled from Deerfield Beach lake

"The first thing I thought is it had been ditched. Maybe a stolen car because the trunk lid was open on it," Ellison said. "I assume that makes it easier too, for it to sink, to let the air out."

Suicide attempt?

Is it the water or does the car look yellowish in color?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025
Back