FL FL- Brunnell, Flagler County, culvert on side of State Road 11, UID male, #80-580286, Afr/European, wrapped in carpet, 28/05/80, *DNA*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dotr

Reaction score
By Nikki DeMarco, WFTV.comMay 28, 2024
''The 44-year-old cold case of this unidentified male remains the Flagler County Sheriff’s Office’s oldest unsolved case.

The victim has never been identified, but DNA processing within the last year has revealed that the victim’s biogeographical admixture was mostly of African origin with a smaller percentage of European origin, according to a news release.''
1716941711986.png

''In December 2022, though, the Sheriff’s Office Cold Case Unit send the victim’s remains to Othram, Inc., for DNA processing. The company reported that the individual’s DNA showed he was mostly of African origin, with a small percentage of European origin, and that his genetic family could be from the areas surrounding Flagler County.

Detectives asked the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office Forensic Imaging Unit for help, and after examining the skull and interpreting the data from Othram, the unit was able to put together a craniofacial reconstruction of the victim, who is believed to have been about 5 feet, 7 inches tall and weighed around 150 pounds. When the remains were discovered, the medical examiner and forensic anthropologists believed he was between 20 and 27 years old at the time of his death.''

May 29, 2024
Flagler County 44-year-old cold case mystery
"This picture that we have is what our victim may have looked like,” detective Sarah Scalia said. "It's 20-27 years old, is what we're estimating. We now know with DNA technology that's advanced that he's actually African American and also his that genetic relatives could be from the surrounding areas. We're not sure actually who they are. Its kinds of put him in this area.”

The victim remains unidentified, but within the last year, DNA processing has confirmed that the victim has a biogeographical admixture of mostly African origin with a small percentage of European origin, FCSO said.''

“So I've gotten a lot of people that have commented on the Facebook post, ‘oh that looks like someone I went to school with’ But I want people to follow up on that. Give me a call, send me a picture, and I will take any and all information,” said Scalia. “I want to bring all this to some kind of justice for people that need it. Any information is good information. I won't turn anything down,” Detective Sarah Scalia explained''.

He is listed on NamUs as #UP4882

ME/C Case Number 1980-00314

Biological Sex Male
Race/Ethnicity Uncertain
Estimated Age Group Adult - Pre 30
Estimated Age Range (Years) 22-28
Estimated Year of Death 0-1980
Height 5' 9"(69 inches) , Estimated
Weight 160 lbs, Estimated

Type Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found May 28, 1980
NamUs Case Created February 20, 2009
ME/C QA Reviewed February 21, 2009

Location Found Map

Location Bunnell, Florida
County Flagler County

Circumstances of Recovery Skeletal remains located in a culvert next to dirt lane. Found near the remains was a Texas hunting license belonging to Ray Randy Wilkinson (possibly Wilkerson), DOB 10/09/1956, brown hair, green eyes of Abilene, TX. There were several attempts made at the time to rule this person out, but no conclusion was ever reached. Personal Effects: 2 yellow runner boots, fragment of a leather belt, 2 rolls of electrical tape, container for small caliber bullets, yellow tape.

Inventory of Remains All parts recovered
Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only

Clothing On the Body
Dark blue slacks, Hanes Jockey-style underwear with label 34 (waist). Tank-type shirt with label "5050medium 8'40", brown or tan sweater with a long sash

Clothing Near the Body
Fragment of a leather belt, 2 rolls of electrical tape, container for small- caliber bullets, yellow tape

From his Doe Network page:

Distinguishing Marks/Features: Narrow, "pinched" face; 12 healing rib-fractures on the left side.

Dentals: Unknown
Fingerprints: Unavailable.
DNA: Available, complete mtDNA & nucDNA profile at FBI NMPDD.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clarice34ON4ill
Back