FL FL - Carla Roberson, 19, Escambia County, 10 May 1984

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have the impression that Carla was depressed... a boyfriend or partner is not mentioned, perhaps a male companion would have helped her... I think that she could be going through a great questioning in her life... perhaps she gave in to her parents' wishes while she saw her life go by not being happy herself... I don't think that a crime was committed in this case... if the footprints lead to the sea perhaps she had already thought about it before...
wherever you are Carla
Rest in peace

I have the impression that Carla was depressed... a boyfriend or partner is not mentioned, perhaps a male companion would have helped her... I think that she could be going through a great questioning in her life... perhaps she gave in to her parents' wishes while she saw her life go by not being happy herself... I don't think that a crime was committed in this case... if the footprints lead to the sea perhaps she had already thought about it before...
wherever you are Carla
Rest in peace
With all due respect, it feels wrong to imply Carla died by suicide just because she didn't have any known men in her life. If she was going to the beach for that reason, why would she bring her towel, and pocketbook and wear a bathing suit?

Anyway, I did find another photo of Carla that was circulated in the days after her disappearance:
Carla Roberson.jpg
Additionally, this article says she was last seen at about 1:00 p.m. that day, her hair was cut shorter than in the photos we have, and that she was a good swimmer. Also, it says she disappeared on May 8, 1984, instead of May 10. Just something to note.

Last edited:
With all due respect, it feels wrong to imply Carla died by suicide just because she didn't have any known men in her life. If she was going to the beach for that reason, why would she bring her towel, and pocketbook and wear a bathing suit?

Anyway, I did find another photo of Carla that was circulated in the days after her disappearance:
View attachment 532892
Additionally, this article says she was last seen at about 1:00 p.m. that day, her hair was cut shorter than in the photos we have, and that she was a good swimmer. Also, it says she disappeared on May 8, 1984, instead of May 10. Just something to note.
It's just my opinion of her case, in no way is it my intention to disrespect her or make anyone feel bad... these are just assumptions... of course she may be alive or maybe not, but as I always say...
whatever the case
may she rest in peace

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CatD