Race / EthnicityWhite / Caucasian

Circumstances
Date of Last ContactSeptember 20, 1978
NamUs Case CreatedMay 15, 2019
Last Known Location Map
LocationOsteen, Florida
CountyVolusia County

Circumstances of Disappearance:
She was last seen in Osteen, Florida. Partial remains located near the I-4 corridor between Orlando and Daytona, Fl.

Physical Description

Hair Color: Brown
Head Hair Description--
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye Color: Hazel
Right Eye Color: Hazel
Eye Description--
Distinctive Physical Features
No Information Entered

Clothing and Accessories
No Information Entered
Additional Case Info

Transportation
No Information Entered

I agree, very usual, perhaps they are hoping for more remains to be found?

I don’t understand.... if she was found then why is she on NamUs?

Daytona Beach News-Journal Online
Lots of good clues in that article. They could likely solve this with DNA. They have bone, hair, dental records, duct tape, etc. Hopefully, they can resolve this soon so the Mother can come to terms with her daughters death.

Lots of good clues in that article. They could likely solve this with DNA. They have bone, hair, dental records, duct tape, etc. Hopefully, they can resolve this soon so the Mother can come to terms with her daughters death.
Maybe the skull isn’t hers?

I have no other explanation for why she would be on NamUS.

I’m in contact with the NamUs person for the case so I’ll find out more

Interesting that they think Charlie Brandt could be involved with her killing. I am wondering though how a seasoned investigator would believe a forensic dentist about the dental match. I truly hope it was something really obvious and irrefutable, because those dental matches back in the 80s were know to be flawed especially in Florida. How can a skull decay as much as they said it did in 12 days? They did say "decay" which means they believe it wasnt skinned and then left to dry out. Unless the laws of physics somehow cease to exist in that part of Florida, I would want a DNA match to be sure...if there was, I certainly apologize but as far as I can tell it was a dental match that ID'd the skull.

Interesting that they think Charlie Brandt could be involved with her killing. I am wondering though how a seasoned investigator would believe a forensic dentist about the dental match. I truly hope it was something really obvious and irrefutable, because those dental matches back in the 80s were know to be flawed especially in Florida. How can a skull decay as much as they said it did in 12 days? They did say "decay" which means they believe it wasnt skinned and then left to dry out. Unless the laws of physics somehow cease to exist in that part of Florida, I would want a DNA match to be sure...if there was, I certainly apologize but as far as I can tell it was a dental match that ID'd the skull.
I’m questioning the dental ID also because it was as decomposed as they say. A human skull in a paint can is a tight fit, even as decayed a they're stating. The partial hair is interesting. That paint can could have been on the bottom of the pond. Eventually it may have come up when flooding occurred and deposited it on the bank. Then the water receded and it was found. What was the weather in Sept 1978, any hurricanes blow thru? Any other missing persons in the area that year? DNA is a must in this case. If she was tossed in that pond, they’ll never find the rest of her. They’d have to dredge the pond and filter it with screen or dissect every old gator thats still alive. They still wouldn’t likely find her.

This thread should probably be moved to the cold cases section, since it would appear Carol Lynn was murdered and dismembered, rather than just missing. Her killer was never identified?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayrider129
Back