FL - Damion Tillman, Keven Springfield, & Brandon Rollins, massacred, Frostproof, 17 July 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Did they know their attackers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very unusual circumstances for a "random" crime. I can't say more without someone possibly misreading it as victim blaming which I would NEVER do. NOBODY deserves a death like this. NOBODY deserves to find their son this way. I pray that Justice is swift!

Very possible these three men were in the wrong place at wrong time. I wonder if they ran into these two guys?

Deonta Bugg They apparently killed a guy during a drug deal and are on the run. They are armed and dangerous. If it's them, the police will match the weapon.

How horrible for these young men and their loved ones.

- Triple Homicide -

- Lake Streety,
Frostproof,
Polk County,
Florida -
- Friday, 17 July 2020 -

Deceased:
Damion Tillman, 23
Keven Springfield, 30
Brandon Rollins, 27

1)) WTAE News:

Florida authorities investigating triple murder of best friends who went fishing
Includes Video Press Conference

2)) Google™ Supplements & Updates:
Triple Murder - Polk County, FL - بحث Google
AOPC = Affidavit of Probable Cause
Capital Case = One with Possible Death Penalty
Coroner = Death Investigation Coordinator
DA = District Attorney
DOB = Date of Birth
DP = Death Penalty
FP = Forensic Pathologist
LE = Law Enforcement
LWOP = Life With-Out Parole
ME = Medical Examiner
MSM = Main-Stream Media
Presser = Press Conference
PSI = Pre-Sentence Investigation

May Prompt Justice Be Served.
[Contribution # 7436
Thread # 533033]

Last edited:
This is awful.

The Sheriff stated that they were attacked minutes after arriving at a very isolated fishing spot during the night and also suggested that the men were targeted.

I am thinking that there must have been more than one assailant as controlling three young male victims would be hard. Then factor in the very likely possibility that all the men were from the rural area and felt comfortable in the woods at night. Thus, they were probably not prone to evade a single attacker.

Judd: 3 close friends ‘massacred’ during fishing trip in Frostproof | WFLA

The 3 men arrived at different times. Police say first victim arrived and was murdered. Next 2 arrived together and were attacked. Prior to dying, one victim called his dad and told him what happened. Dad was able to get there and be with his son as he passed.

Depending on what he told dad, this may be solved soon.

<modsnip: Threads merged>. Terrible crime... they very likely knew their murderer/murderers.

RIP Damion, Keven, and Brandon!

Florida detectives said Saturday they were investigating the deaths of three close friends who drove to a lake at night to go catfishing and were beaten and shot.
It happened Friday night around 10 p.m. on Lake Streety in Frostproof.
He said the fishing spot was "as far out in the woods as you can get.” The victims were attacked as they arrived at the scene within minutes of each other in two pickups, authorities said.
He (father of one of the victims) knew where his son was and arrived there in 10 minutes, the sheriff said. When he got there, he found his son barely alive, and Tillman and Springfield dead.
In response to one reporter's question, Judd said it was too early to say if the victims knew the killers "but our intuitiveness tells us you just don't stumble upon somebody out here."

Source:
Florida sheriff investigates triple homicide on lake: 'This is a horrific scene"

Last edited by a moderator:
According to the families, the three men had been best friends for years
and were fishing Friday night (on land, not in a boat).

Sheriff Judd said, “I’ve been to a lot of murder scenes, but this is one of the worst I’ve ever seen.”

Judd said there is a $5,000 reward being offered for information that leads to an arrest in this case.

Absolutely horrific! Prayers to the families and friends

Brandon Rollins (Admin Note: corrected FB as at July 21)

https://www.facebook.com/keven.springfield.3

Damion Tillman

Florida sheriff: 3 best friends beaten, fatally shot as they met up to go fishing Friday night

Last edited by a moderator:
Brief video with family and girlfriend of Rollins. https://twitter.com/WFLAJustin/status/1284603517345431553

Victim's trucks right there in the middle of the road: trucks side by side.

I hope they can gain some insight from some of the tire tracks but likely very chaotic scene with multiple tracks left by police and EMS.

I bet it was pitch dark out there at night.

Just horrific.

"I want justice for him and I will not stop until he gets it." The girlfriend of one of the victims from the fishing trip triple murder in Frostproof says
@PolkCoSheriff
Judd shook her hand and promised he will not stop until justice is served.
@WFLA
https://wfla.com/news/polk-county/3-men-killed-while-fishing-in-frostproof-sheriff-judd-to-speak-at-930/

@WFLAJustin
Brandon Rollins' father described for 8 On Your Side the final phone call from his son which led to the gruesome discovery near the lake. All his heartbroken mom wants right now is justice for her son and his two best friends. https://wfla.com/news/polk-county/3-men-killed-while-fishing-in-frostproof-sheriff-judd-to-speak-at-930/…
@WFLA

https://twitter.com/WFLAJustin/status/1284603517345431553

IMG_20200718_103616.jpg

Last edited:
“Tillman traveled to Lake Streety first and arrived by himself, according to Grady Judd, sheriff of Polk County.”

“When Rollins and Springfield arrived soon after, Tillman was being beaten by unknown attackers, and the two friends intervened to help Tillman and were shot.“

“Rollins called his father at about 10pm Friday and managed to only say 'help.'

“The father jumped into his car and went to where his son had said he was going fishing.“

'When he arrived he found his son Brandon barely alive, and his two friends deceased,' the sheriff's office said in a press release.”

'Brandon was able to say a few things to his dad, which we are not releasing at this time.'

“Rollins' father had left his home without his cellphone, so he returned to a nearby gas station and called 911, the sheriff's office said.”

“When authorities arrived at the scene, all three men were dead.“

Three men shot dead while on fishing trip in Florida after one rang his father and shouted 'help!' | Daily Mail Online

I have been looking through everything to make some kind of sense of this tragedy. Just devastating! I do know that Sheriff Grady Judd is one of the best. I lived in Polk County for 20+ years and he is one of the top three things/people I miss from there. I fully believe this will be solved. Through hours of searching today, it became very clear this should be solved quickly. It also seems the father who found them may need our prayers more than most realize. Since I can’t link social media that has to be IMO. I don’t really know what to think here. It seems Tillman was either the target and then the two other guys pulling up and went to help their friend ended up hurt, or like someone else said maybe they pulled up on a dangerous individual (like one being sought), or maybe they were lured out there and set up? Maybe road rage that led to this? Whoever beat these guys is/are full of rage and really wanted to hurt them vs shooting them because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. IMO at least one of these guys was a target.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member