FL - Damion Tillman, Keven Springfield, & Brandon Rollins, massacred, Frostproof, 17 July 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Did they know their attackers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be shortening this up a bit.

Thursday, July 23rd:

*Initial Appearance for all (@ 1pm ET) - FL – Damion Allen Tillman (23) Keven Michael Springfield(30) & Brandon C. Rollins (27) (July 17, 2020, Frostproof). *Tony “TJ” Wiggins (26) arrested (7/20/20) & charged (7/22/20) with 3 counts of 1st degree capital murder, tampering with evidence (F3), possession of a firearm by a convicted felon (F-2) & possession of ammunition by a convicted felon (F-2).
TJ Wiggins was recently arrested in March 2020 for aggravated battery with a deadly weapon and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, and was released on bond. Due to the fact that he committed crimes while out on bond, he violated his pretrial release conditions, and a Parker vs. State hold was applied (meaning he is not allowed to bond out on the new charges).
*Mary Whittemore (27) TJ''s gf arrested & charged (7/22/20) with accessory after the fact of a capital felony (F1).
*William "Robert" Wiggins (21) TJ's bro arrested & charged (7/22/20) with tampering with evidence & accessory after the fact of a capital felony.
Tillman traveled to Lake Streety first & arrived by himself, according to sheriff Judd. When Rollins & Springfield arrived soon after, Tillman was being beaten by unknown attackers, and the two friends intervened to help Tillman & were shot. Rollins called his father at about 10:06pm Friday & managed to only say 'help.' The father jumped into his car and went to where his son had said he was going fishing. The father was able to have final words with his son, Brandon, before he passed. The information Rollins gave to his father about the suspects remains confidential, the sheriff’s office said. Dad traveled to Sunoco gas/convenience store located in Sunray -- about 5-10 mins away from the crime scene to call 911 & returned to the scene with convenience store owner’s daughter.
During a search of the crime scene, detectives found a Dollar General bag and receipt dated the night of the murders, and worked their way backwards from there. They responded to the Dollar General store, and retrieved store video surveillance that showed one of the victims - Damion Tillman - making some purchases. Detectives spoke with the clerk, who knows Damion as a frequent customer. The clerk told detectives that Damion said he was going fishing. The clerk also saw the suspects in the store at the same time, and they are also seen in the video. The clerk told detectives that the suspects heard Damion say he was going fishing, and that Keven would be with him, as the clerk listened to all of them talk to each other about it.
Near the lake, the Wiggins brothers & Whittemore pulled up behind two trucks that had stopped with their windows down to talk. Inside one truck was Tillman. Rollins & Springfield were inside the other. Sheriff Judd said TJ got out of the vehicle, ran up to their trucks and asked, “Where’s Keven?” TJ Wiggins found Keven in the truck with Rollins, and allegedly pointed the gun at him demanding, “Where’s my truck? You stole the engine out of my truck!” TJ Wiggins shot Brandon Rollins & Keven Springfield 9-10 times with his handgun. He then turned to Tillman & allegedly shot him several times. Judd said the three suspects then got back in their car up & drove to an undisclosed location where they stripped down the gun, took it apart, and threw it away. They then went to McDonald’s where Robert Wiggins said his brother told them, “We weren’t there.” During the search warrant, police reportedly found two rifles, two shotguns, and ammunition for both in a gun safe. Because TJ Wiggins is a convicted felon, he was placed under arrest for possession of firearms.
7/22/20 Update: All three suspects will have first appearance hearings at 1:00 p.m. on Thursday, July 23, 2020.

Dollar General store video of homicide suspects

In this Dollar General store video, three suspects arrested for a triple homicide in Frostproof can be seen coming and going, just prior to committing the murders on July 17, 2020. One of the suspects - Tony "TJ" Wiggins - can be seen standing in line behind and talking to one of the homicide victims (Damion Tillman). Click here to read the news release: https://tinyurl.com/y2h3u68e

Sheriff Judd reminds me of Chief Tim Longo (Hannah Graham case) in his dedication, passion and pit bull determination to solve the crime and apprehend the killers. I will not forget either of them.

I was just thinking that same thing tonight (and posted very similar sentiments a few days ago) while I watched this PC again. I have followed true crime for over 40 years and have only been impressed by two sheriffs in all that time.....Tim Longo and Grady Judd. Tim Longo was very high energy and animated.....totally engaged his audience. Sheriff Judd engages his audience as well, but via his calm, story telling manner. Both are/were extremely effective & it’s hard to look away when they are presenting to their audience. Amazing men!

I have a question. If a person who is connected to these three knew who committed the killings before LE arrested them, could that person be charged with concealing info?

Unless Florida is different, it is not a crime to remain silent before or after the arrest.

Lying to LE is a crime, but remaining silent is not.

For example, it caused much heartache in Colorado when Kelsey Berreth was murdered by her fiance and her death could have been prevented if only the killer's mistress had alerted LE that she was solicited multiple times to kill Kelsey. It was not a crime for her to remain silent. However, it was a crime when she was questioned by the FBI about the missing woman and lied to the FBI about not knowing the victim or what happened to her.

can a monster be made? could a person be treated like a monster from childhood cause them to react in kind?
if this person was being arrested for felonies from the age of 12 years, probably was also being treated harshly as anyone formally charged would be. He was charged with 230 Felonies (how many misdemeanors?) Convicted of what, 15 of them? Was this man a target of blame for everything from when he was 10 or 12 years old??
Did that treatment that probably extended to the rest of his family drive them to a place where they had to live like outcasts and criminals to survive?
I think that monsters are made, and do not occur naturally.

Many of us pondered if Jodi Arias was the way she was due to nurture or nature. A question none of us could really answer.

Dollar General store video of homicide suspects

In this Dollar General store video, three suspects arrested for a triple homicide in Frostproof can be seen coming and going, just prior to committing the murders on July 17, 2020. One of the suspects - Tony "TJ" Wiggins - can be seen standing in line behind and talking to one of the homicide victims (Damion Tillman). Click here to read the news release: https://tinyurl.com/y2h3u68e
That didn’t look like a pleasant exchange to me.

I doubt taxpayers are thrilled about their tax dollars helping support a career felon. In addition, him having nothing certainly wouldn’t push him into committing further crimes. He didn’t need a push, obviously. IMO
In the rest of the world, living standard benefits are available all. It prevents people from robbing and stealing.

Three People Arrested In Frostproof Triple Homicide

July 22, 2020

[..]

William “Robert” Wiggins was interviewed again. During that interview, Robert admitted to seeing Damion in the Dollar General store on Friday evening while he stood in line behind Damion with his brother TJ. When they left the store, TJ directed Robert (who was driving) to turn onto a particular road, instead of going home. Two trucks, occupied by the three victims, passed Robert on that road, at which time TJ told Robert to make a U-turn and follow the trucks.

Robert followed the trucks to Lake Streety Road in Frostproof. Robert stayed in the truck with Whittemore, while TJ got out and confronted Keven Springfield, punching him and yelling at him, accusing Keven of stealing his truck. Brandon Rollins and Damion Tillman get out of their truck, and TJ continues to scream at all of them. Robert told detectives he watched as TJ shot all three victims. TJ then asked Robert to help him put Damion into the back of one of the trucks.

[..]

ETA: I'd miss the the driving details in earlier reports.

It's all beginning to sink in.

How do you sit inside a vehicle when your brother and boyfriend gets out of the vehicle and shoots up 3 young men in cold blood?

How do you allow him to get back in your car? The three suspects saw Damion inside in the Dollar General Store moments earlier! They talked to him. It offends every human sensibility. I'm so sorry for the community, and families and friends of the victims. :(:(:(

Last edited:
And PS. I’m in LOVE with Grady Judd!!! He’s so sweet and takes crimes committed in his county so serious and to the heart. I love how he gets so emotional over cases and ugh.. love him. #GradyJuddForPresident lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member