GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #6 *arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
70e1666a282444297c39bb7ed902e7db69dd8784_128.gif

Another break for the jury...

Blaise L Gainey‏ @BlaiseGainey 2m2 minutes ago
Ronald Whipp has now been excused. With a deposition at 4, Wendi Adelson has now been called up.

I differ as I thought he was a good retired detective. He had to make sure his words weren't being confused so he thought out each question.

I don't recall him mentioning the date of his retirement, or what he has been doing since retirement.

ETA when I retired, I did ctrl-alt-delete on my memory of anything associated with the workplace LOL

But if this murder was solicited by someone in the Adelson family and investigators believe she was paid for this task, shouldn’t there be concrete evidence of her employment and income and evidence of her attending or not attending the dentistry office/night club to “work”? Just seems like loose ends. There should be very good investigation into the financial info IMO.

ETA Or maybe there is more to come?

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 2m2 minutes ago
The state is asking to withhold Wendi Adelson's testimony. Anything that she says will not be used against her. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

SA Cappelman says she expects this to take about 45 minutes. Judge says he isn't concerned about the deposition being pushed back. Wendi Adelson has now taken her seat on the stand.

Blaise L Gainey‏ @BlaiseGainey 32s33 seconds ago
Judge informs her she has immunity with anything she is questioned about today.

I used to work in the court system and generally if a witness indicated they needed a bathroom break, water, Kleenex etc a judge would be very accommodating

That's good! I would think most judges would be understanding.
I was hoping there might be a subtle signal one could give the judge rather than verbal request.

But if this murder was solicited by someone in the Adelson family and investigators believe she was paid for this task, shouldn’t there be concrete evidence of her employment and income and evidence of her attending or not attending the dentistry office/night club to “work”? Just seems like loose ends. There should be very good investigation into the financial info IMO.

Yet, that was the point of law enforcement. She was paid under the table and not in the books and was not shown to be working there. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence?

Well Yeah if she was really employed there there should be tax records etc showing it.

The Adelson Institute didn’t provide any such records and Katie didn’t provide any such thing either.

Which supports the prosecution case that checks she got from Donna Adelson were not paychecks for a bona fide dental office job.

Karl Etters‏Verified account @KarlEtters 4m4 minutes ago
First few questions are general. Do you know Dan Markel. DO you have kids. where does your family live.

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 3m3 minutes ago
Wendi Adelson is answering basic questions right now about her relationship to Dan Markel, her family, etc. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 3m3 minutes ago
Wendi said she didn't move to South FLorida with the kids immediately after the divorce. She said she's not familiar with the court order asking her to come back to Tallahassee. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL

Wendi says following the divorce filing in 2012 that she did not desire to move to South Florida with the kids. She stayed in Tallahassee at Aqua Ridge

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 29s29 seconds ago
"I found getting divorced to be unpleasant."- Wendi Adelson #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Blaise L Gainey‏ @BlaiseGainey 1m1 minute ago
She says at first the agreement was 50/50. With them splitting school weeks and in the summer alternating week on/week off time sharing. She says she was relieved that she could stay in Tallahassee after she asked the courts if she could move to South Florida.

Blaise L Gainey‏ @BlaiseGainey 25s25 seconds ago
That motion was denied, but Wendi says she was pleased and happy at her job in Tallahassee.

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 1m1 minute ago
Two long mediations that didn't result in a resolution. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleutherson90