GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #6 *arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW WOW WOW
That's such a coincidence that her family (that lives down Miami way) hated Dan, joked about hiring a hitman, and then lo and behold a hitman does appear and kills him! A hitman from Miami (7.5 hours/almost 500 miles away from Tallahassee) no less!

Her divorce case stuff-- -She is happy she didn't win her motion to move back down by Miami? She doesn't remember the pending motion Dan made to make sure Wendi's mom couldn't be alone with the kids......in the highly litigated divorce case that Wendi, a lawyer, hired at least 3 lawyers for?

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 43s43 seconds ago
Tara Kawass (Katherine Magbanua's attorney) is still questioning Wendi Adelson. She asked Adelson if she's received money from Markel's life insurance. She says Markel owed her $100k, which his family paid but is unaware of the life insurance money. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL

Karl Etters‏Verified account @KarlEtters 2m2 minutes ago
Wendi details her immunity to the jury then laughs when asked if she thought the state was going to arrest her. "The state isn't going to arrest me."

Blaise L Gainey‏ @BlaiseGainey 2m2 minutes ago
Since 2016 Wendi has not allowed Dan's parents to see their grandson's.

Blaise L Gainey‏ @BlaiseGainey 1m1 minute ago
Says they've been talking about resuming visitation recently.

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 1m1 minute ago
Wendi Adelson said she stopped visitation with Dan Markel's family after 2 years. In the last couple of weeks, they're talking about resuming visitation. #markelmurdertrialwtxl

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 55s55 seconds ago
Adelson admitted that she stopped visitation for the kids "because of what they did." #markelmurdertrialwtxl @abc27

Karl Etters‏Verified account @KarlEtters 1m1 minute ago
Said she hasn't let Markel's parents see their two grandchildren since 2016 "because of what they did."

Wendy's testimony has just ended. I have been driving, but I just had to pull over for a second to comment on the last hour and a half. Her entire testimony showed her True Colors! Oh my gosh I if I was a juror, would throughout her entire testimony. Pure evil! She lied so much it's unbelievable but I was surprised that she did not get challenged on them. But I guess what will happen later, and that is one of the great things that I have never seen before about having to defense lawyers, is that they're going to nail her on everything in the future testimony I would guess. Anyway I have to get back on the road, I'll sign in later to comment and look forward to reading what all you guys have been saying over the last hour and a half.

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 2m2 minutes ago
"A lot of the things that we're talking about today, I just don't remember at all. TO refresh my memory and make sure I remember certain things, documents were shown to me."- Wendi Adelson #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Adelson says she started dating one of her friends a month after she filed for divorce. #markelmurdertrialwtxl

Blaise L Gainey‏ @BlaiseGainey 1m1 minute ago
Asked by jurors why she stopped allowing Dan Markel's parents to see the children Wendi responds saying, "I found out that Ruth Markel had reached out to a foster agency... I was afraid they were trying to take them from me."

Adelson said Ruth Markel had reached out to a foster care agency. She said she became worried that the Markel family was trying to take her kids away from her." #markelmurdertrialwtxl @abc27

Jada E. Williams‏ @JadaEWilliams 31s32 seconds ago
Cappleman says an email shows they reached out to foster care in the event that she and her family would have been arrested. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Blaise L Gainey‏ @BlaiseGainey 5m5 minutes ago
SA Cappleman says Ruth Markel was making sure the kids would be taken care of if Wendi had been arrested.

Wendi Adelson has left the building. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Karl Etters‏Verified account @KarlEtters 3m3 minutes ago
Now Hankinson is reviewing to jurors the three types of immunity used in Florida

Judge Hankinson is describing the type of immunity that Wendi Adelson has. What she said in court today will not be used against her. #MarkelMurderTrialWTXL @abc27

Karl Etters‏Verified account @KarlEtters 2m2 minutes ago
Says that Adelson can be prosecuted for the crime but what she says in court cannot be used against her

Blaise L Gainey‏ @BlaiseGainey 3m3 minutes ago
Adelson's immunity in this case does not mean she can't be prosecuted, just means what she said today in court can't be used against her.

Blaise L Gainey‏ @BlaiseGainey 2m2 minutes ago
Luis Rivera is expected in court Tuesday morning. Court is now dismissed for the day.

Court will be back 8:30 Tuesday morning.

For those of you more clued in than I am, is there any indication that Charlie or Donna will be called to testify? My understanding is that they will not?

IIRC, crime scene tape was at the end of the street. Wendi drove past on her way to the liquor store to buy Bulliet Rye(!) and noticed it. I think she said as much to the police when they "informed" her of the shooting.
~E

She said she saw crime scene tape. I'm curious as to how far this tape was from Danny's house? I don't remember this info.
This was from a news article in 2016 Wendi Adelson: Brother joked about hiring hitman

Wendi Adelson drove on Trescott Drive around noon the day Markel was shot. She said she thought the road, which by that time was cordoned off by crime scene tape, was closed because of a downed tree

She went around and bought a bottle of Bulleit Rye Whiskey from the ABC on Thomasville Road to take to a party later that evening.

Before that, she said she had been working at home after fielding the TV repair man that morning.

(it was nice that in addition to her family setting up the hitman, they also set up Wendi's alibi by arranging her TV repair appointment)

I just watched all of Wendy’s testimony. I need the catch up here before I engaged in more conversation, but OH MY STARS - I don’t think she did a great job. She cane off very disingenuous and like she was covering up. And that smirky statement “the state isn’t going to arrest me” while giving a giggle, not good!

Last edited:
I just watched all of Wendy’s testimony. I need the catch up here before I engaged in more conversation, but OH MY STARS - I don’t think she did a great job. She felt disingenuous and like she was covering up. And that smirky statement “the state isn’t going to arrest me” while giving a giggle, not good!
Agree -- I don't think she came off well at all. JMO.

Wendy's testimony has just ended. I have been driving, but I just had to pull over for a second to comment on the last hour and a half. Her entire testimony showed her True Colors! Oh my gosh I if I was a juror, would throughout her entire testimony. Pure evil! She lied so much it's unbelievable but I was surprised that she did not get challenged on them. But I guess what will happen later, and that is one of the great things that I have never seen before about having to defense lawyers, is that they're going to nail her on everything in the future testimony I would guess. Anyway I have to get back on the road, I'll sign in later to comment and look forward to reading what all you guys have been saying over the last hour and a half.

100% AGREE!!

I am astonished!! She and her entire family are narcissists IMO. Evil!

The jury questions were great, and to me ...by the tone of them - they seemed to be asking the right questions - and putting two and two together.

I just watched all of Wendy’s testimony. I need the catch up here before I engaged in more conversation, but OH MY STARS - I don’t think she did a great job. She cane off very disingenuous and like she was covering up. And that smirky statement “the state isn’t going to arrest me” while giving a giggle, not good!

upload_2019-9-27_17-38-41.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member