GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #8 *arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If KM flipped because she would be given immunity, would she be able to request to be put in the witness protection program for her and her kids? I would only flip if offered that. Would this help her to change her mind or is it her "promise" of $$ from CA?

Last edited:
Slow day and just thinking out loud and wondering why KM has sat in jail all this time and not talked...I wonder who approached who and mentioned getting SG to murder Dan in the first place? Was it CA or did KM bring it up as a way to make some money? Or how about Wendi? She looked pretty friendly with KM. I'm sure KM heard a lot about the Adelson hatred of Dan while she was dating CA. Could she have used that opportunity to her advantage to make some big bucks by suggesting she knew people that could make Dan go away if they wanted to end their problems with him? Did she talk about it with SG even before it was a plan and he was onboard to make some money too? So far we have been taking the word of liars as to what could have set this thing off to begin with. If KM was the instigator I can understand why she has sat in jail for 3 years. Could she be the mastermind that started it all and doesn't want that to come to light? Or, are the Adelsons threatening to say she was the one to suggest and offer the means for the murder if she does flip?

Tallahassee Democrat got it via a records request in late September 2016 and published it then: Documents detail potential links to Markel's in-laws
Right - that’s when it was made public but I believe it was written by the Tally police department before anyone was arrested and the ADA at the time, Willie Meggs, agreed to indict all but CA that were named in the affidavit as chargeable per the Tally police.

If the state of Florida had enough evidence to convict any member of the Adelson family they would’ve been indicted by now. That’s the only point I’m making. None of us like it but that’s where we are. And these 3rd rate defense lawyers we just saw are not even close to being a warm up for what more experienced defense lawyers could do. That’s where the inequity in the justice system comes in - those are the facts of life.

The Adelsons will have better lawyers and that matters. State has the burden of proof beyond a reasonable doubt. They have to make sure they can meet that burden. There’s what you know and there’s what you can prove.

Right - that’s when it was made public but I believe it was written by the Tally police department before anyone was arrested and the ADA at the time, Willie Meggs, agreed to indict all but CA that were named in the affidavit as chargeable per the Tally police.
Yes, I thought the question was when was it released to the public, not when was it written.

Slow day and just thinking out loud and wondering why KM has sat in jail all this time and not talked...I wonder who approached who and mentioned getting SG to murder Dan in the first place? Was it CA or did KM bring it up as a way to make some money? Or how about Wendi? She looked pretty friendly with KM. I'm sure KM heard a lot about the Adelson hatred of Dan while she was dating CA. Could she have used that opportunity to her advantage to make some big bucks by suggesting she knew people that could make Dan go away if they wanted to end their problems with him? Did she talk about it with SG even before it was a plan and he was onboard to make some money too? So far we have been taking the word of liars as to what could have set this thing off to begin with. If KM was the instigator I can understand why she has sat in jail for 3 years. Could she be the mastermind that started it all and doesn't want that to come to light? Or, are the Adelsons threatening to say she was the one to suggest and offer the means for the murder if she does flip?

i read or saw somewhere that money was allegedly paid to a prior hitman to do the deed but he took the money and ran without doing the job. so perhaps the alleged masterminds got sloppy in their second attempt due to frustration and haste and chose someone close to facilitate the transaction so they wouldn't get "burned" again. so maybe KM/SG was not their first choice? does anyone recall this story?

i read or saw somewhere that money was allegedly paid to a prior hitman to do the deed but he took the money and ran without doing the job. so perhaps the alleged masterminds got sloppy in their second attempt due to frustration and haste and chose someone close to facilitate the transaction so they wouldn't get "burned" again. so maybe KM/SG was not their first choice? does anyone recall this story?

yes, did that come from Rivera?

I remember reading that as well, but I don’t know where it came from. Certainly it didn’t come from any of the Adelson family, so who did it come from, and was it a reliable source?

Just doing some random thinking today. I’m wondering why Jessica was never brought in by the prosecution to testify. I don’t know if her testimony would have made a difference in the outcome as far as KM is concerned, but wasn’t there a recorded conversation where she said to KM that SG and LR were in trouble due to what KM and SG did? Something like that?

https://www.tallahassee.com › both-markel-suspects-asking-continuance

One continuance in Dan Markel trial denied, another still in ...

rbbm.
May 7, 2019 - Adelson is expected to assert her Fifth Amendment right against ... attorney Chris DeCoste wrote in his request for a postponed trial date. ... Police Department probable cause affidavit released the morning of June 2, ... Investigators say Wendi Adelson's mother and brother – Donna and Charlie Adelson ...
The video accompanying the blurb about the pc affidavit released on June 2, 2016 discusses the SG documents that were released. So this seems to be about the release of the SG pc affidavit...SG was arrested around that time.

I just listened (again) to the undercover agent and CA’s conversation after the bump. Is it me - or do you all think the agent should have let CA speak more so he could have hung himself? I’m certainly no expert, but I feel like that call could have been handled differently.

yes, I recall that story. I think LR may have mentioned it during his statement and that was why WA was said to be walking near DMs residence the day before the murder. She wanted to make sure the job was done this time. I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff